Restrictions In Different Areas

Closed Thread
Old 01-31-2020, 04:04 PM

Thank everyone for their input. As stated above I have read and understand the regulations.

Did anyone figure out what "Enclave Parcels" means?
Old 01-31-2020, 04:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Eagle View Post
Thank everyone for their input. As stated above I have read and understand the regulations.

I know what an enclaved parcel is, in general, but I'm not sure how it's applied in the Villages.

It would be an annexed area - property that would normally be part of one designated area, but has become separate from it.

In the case of the Lady Lakes section of the Villages that is sectioned off as "Enclave Parcels" it MIGHT mean that this section has been made part of the Spanish Springs "territory" on the west side of 441, even though it is located on the east side of 441 (where 441 physically travels north to south). Or it might be completely annexed and not part of either side. Regardless, I don't know what it would "mean" with regards to services, taxes, and so on.

Does the county line cross over in that area? I know the line of Sumter and Lake counties are right in that vicinity. According to the sign on 441 if you are travelling SOUTH of the Boone Gate, you are then welcomed to Lake County. If you are driving NORTH of the Boone Gate, the sign says welcome to Sumter County.

And yet - I live north of the Boone Gate, and my property is in Lake County.

So maybe it has something to do with the county lines.

Hopefully someone else can find an answer - a google search came up with only definitions of the term, and a few documents from California regional government offices.
Old 01-31-2020, 04:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
There aren't any federal guidelines about parking a jet ski on your lawn. That's up to the deed restrictions, and there's one part of the deed restrictions that is present in all of them - it has to do with aesthetics.

Yes it's a loose guideline, it's not strictly defined. There's no clear line as to what violates it and what doesn't. But I'd have to say that if I look out my window, and the view between the yard and the neighbor's yard is blocked by an RV, then whoever owns that RV is violating that rule of aesthetics. You're not allowed to have fences, and hedges can't be more than 4 feet high. So there's no way in hades that they're going to let you keep an RV or any other "tall thing" in your yard. Not the back yard, side, or front yard.

You won't see cars on cement blocks even in the old section where the restrictions are looser. You won't see people changing the oil in their driveways. We're not quite as perfect and pristine as our "lower" neighbors but we do like things to look relatively tidy. A jet-ski in the driveway 24/7 is not tidy. A lawnmower can easily be hidden behind the golf cart, but a lawn tractor can't. If your home comes with a golf cart garage, you could certainly store the tractor in there, and leave the golf cart in the driveway. But then it'll be subject to the elements and rain storms on upholstery isn't much fun when you have to drive in the thing the next day.
Quote:
I never said there were federal guidelines about parking anything. It was an illustrative point about what can upset a neighbor.

You keep talking about RV's which I don't have, nor have asked about.

As far as changing oil and vehicles on cinderblocks, I don't see where either has anything to do with my questions.

I made it clear what I intend to park in the driveway. I also stated I have read and understand the restrictions vis-a-vis the parking of boats.
You will always get plenty of info..........
Old 01-31-2020, 04:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:

any small, distinct area or group enclosed or isolated within a larger one

I would think maybe like "Hickory Head Hammock" or "Lakes and Live Oaks" off 466
Old 01-31-2020, 07:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
any small, distinct area or group enclosed or isolated within a larger one

I would think maybe like "Hickory Head Hammock" or "Lakes and Live Oaks" off 466
That's the same way I understood it to mean but it really doesn't *appear to* apply to the mapped section on the district map. The section is just part of the "historic" area of the Villages, it's not isolated away from it, or enclosed by it.

The "enclave" is the section that includes Aloha Way, Shay Boulevard, Silver Oak Avenue, and *parts* of Tarrson - but not all of it.

I don't know how these streets or properties differ from the rest of the Orange Blossom side of the Villages. What is it about these properties that make them an "enclave parcel?"
Old 02-01-2020, 11:34 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:

I believe it all has to do with which govt agency provides local infrastructure services to 'enclave properties'. I often see a report of the annexation of one or more properties in town/county meeting minutes.

Here's a PDF re the boundaries of Interlocal Service within Lake County/Town of Lady Lake [et al] https://www.lakecountyfl.gov/pdfs/Co...dyLakeISBA.pdf

Though an older proposed ordinance document the end pages do show the map of the enclave streets as of the time the ordinance was drawn - likely to have changed a bit by now.

Actual Info can probably best be obtained from Jim Richards who I believe lives on the historic side and still sits on the Lady Lake board of town commissioners.

Hoe this helps.

Old 02-01-2020, 11:42 AM
Sage

Quote:

This and many other matters are covered during this weekly, 2-hour meeting. It is very informative and well worth your time to attend. From the District website:

Community Development District Orientation
You are invited to attend our "Introduction to your Special Purpose Local Government" informational program. You will learn how the districts operate and learn other important community information about the people, services, and other supporting entities that help make The Villages a premier community.

No sign-ups or fees are required for this presentation. Sessions are held every Thursday at 10:00 a.m. at the District Office, 984 Old Mill Run.

You may call 352-753-4508 for additional information.
Old 02-01-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Can't imagine any neighbor will be excited about a boat, a mower, a RV, a sofa, a service truck, or a hot tub being stored on a driveway.

That's jus me.
Old 02-01-2020, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
I believe it all has to do with which govt agency provides local infrastructure services to 'enclave properties'. I often see a report of the annexation of one or more properties in town/county meeting minutes.

Here's a PDF re the boundaries of Interlocal Service within Lake County/Town of Lady Lake [et al] https://www.lakecountyfl.gov/pdfs/Co...dyLakeISBA.pdf

Though an older proposed ordinance document the end pages do show the map of the enclave streets as of the time the ordinance was drawn - likely to have changed a bit by now.

Actual Info can probably best be obtained from Jim Richards who I believe lives on the historic side and still sits on the Lady Lake board of town commissioners.

Hoe this helps.
I think I'm beginning to piece this together. The FL statute (sec.171.46) reflects the intent of the state to eliminate "enclave areas" because they are a source of confusion and are not an efficient way for a locality to deliver services. It also describes the manner in which localities may accomplish this.

In this particular case there is the county, the town, and the VCCDD. The town seeks to have the enclave areas incorporated into their jurisdiction by annexation. The three parties must agree on how this is done. Specifically, who will provide what during and after the transition. The legislature has given the localities great latitude on how to accomplish this.

The map shows the affected enclave areas. This is where I am a bit lost. Does the map reflect the "enclaves" as of 2013, or is it up to date, or is it partially updated?

How did some homes on some streets become part of the enclave, and have houses on either side of them that are not included?
Old 02-01-2020, 05:57 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
I think I'm beginning to piece this together. The FL statute (sec.171.46) reflects the intent of the state to eliminate "enclave areas" because they are a source of confusion and are not an efficient way for a locality to deliver services. It also describes the manner in which localities may accomplish this.

In this particular case there is the county, the town, and the VCCDD. The town seeks to have the enclave areas incorporated into their jurisdiction by annexation. The three parties must agree on how this is done. Specifically, who will provide what during and after the transition. The legislature has given the localities great latitude on how to accomplish this.

The map shows the affected enclave areas. This is where I am a bit lost. Does the map reflect the "enclaves" as of 2013, or is it up to date, or is it partially updated?

How did some homes on some streets become part of the enclave, and have houses on either side of them that are not included?
Since the map is attached to the 2013 proposed ordinance - my guess it is of 2013 vintage. I know I have read of lots being annexed as the Developer bought a manufactured home and replaced it with a site built home.

How this happened is still the puzzlement - thus my suggestion to talk with Jim Richardson. Or perhaps the Lady Lake Town Manager can explain.

Old 02-01-2020, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Since the map is attached to the 2013 proposed ordinance - my guess it is of 2013 vintage. I know I have read of lots being annexed as the Developer bought a manufactured home and replaced it with a site built home.

How this happened is still the puzzlement - thus my suggestion to talk with Jim Richardson. Or perhaps the Lady Lake Town Manager can explain.
Thank you njbchbum. I don't think I'll contact them until and unless I wind up buying in that area. Although it sure is an oddity to me.
Closed Thread

Tags
restrictions, areas, map, property, area

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.