Who has an Ivy Model

Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Default Who has an Ivy Model

I have a question about the placement of the hanging light in the dinning room.

Ours is off center to everything. Badly.

Did the builder /designer place it in the wrong location? Our builder says that its location is as planned.

Did anyone have the same problem and had it settled by the warranty group?

The warranty group only refers us to the builder.

Thanks

Last edited by soonfl; 03-07-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonfl View Post
I have a question about the placement of the hanging light in the dinning room.

Ours is of center to everything. Badly.

Did the builder /designer place it in the wrong location. Our builder says that its location is as planned.

Did anyone have the same problem and had it settled by the warranty group.

The warranty group only refers us to the builder.

Thanks
Soon - a couple of ways to check...

1. take a look at the TV website and look at the virtual tour of the IVY.

2. If that doesn't show the light fixture adequately for you to determine if yours is wrong, ask your sales agent to take some photos for you of the model...
Old 03-07-2011, 05:17 PM

Very easy to put a decorative hook centered over the spot you want the light and swag the chain over to the hook and the light will be directly over your table. You may have to lengthen the chain but the result is a nice look without having to patch any holes in the ceiling. We did it in our house and it worked out great.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Veteran member

It's probably a common occurance--especially in a "spec" house. Electricians position all the sockets, switches and fixture boxes when before the drywall goes up. If you've ever been in a house at that stage it's difficult to determine just where everything else in the finished stage is. Happens sometimes even in a custom house. I'm just saying...
The suggestion of the hook might make sense...we had to do it in a house up north and it really worked out fine!!
Old 03-09-2011, 11:00 AM

I have yet to find any of my friends (including myself) who had the dining room light fixture centered over the table area. The net of it is that you will have to hire someone to move it and fix the ceiling.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTgolfer View Post
I have yet to find any of my friends (including myself) who had the dining room light fixture centered over the table area. The net of it is that you will have to hire someone to move it and fix the ceiling.
My Camellia was fine. I guess. We put the center of the table under it. I think they allow space on one side for a side table or breakfront, so the light is off center in the area...if you can figure out where the dining area ends and the living area begins in a Camillia/Gardenia.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.