Return Shipments to Amazon, etc

Closed Thread
Old 04-25-2019, 05:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,714 Times in 5,243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Just saw a commercial on TV that said anything you buy from Amazon can now be returned to Kohls. Sounds weird but that's what it said.
Not now, but it starts in July. Kohl's thinks that, if you come into the store, you will buy something. The same reason that Walmart allows free overnight RV parking in their parking lots.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
The $6 fee is ONLY for home pickup. Your understanding of the returns policy is flawed. Here's the actual policy:

Note the bold at the bottom. The thing about the result of an Amazon error refers specifically to refunding of the original shipping fee, not about any subsequent charge for returning the product. This also means that if you bought more than $25 worth of stuff in a single order, you wouldn't have paid any shipping fee in the first place. So there wouldn't be any loss at all.

Oh and the bra I returned was over two years ago. So no, it's not "recent."
Although not bought on Amazon, and my wonderful wife made me do it in person, I once returned a bra directly back to the store...because it was 'defective.'

When the lady asked me what the defect was, I told her that it was the first one I was never able to unsnap left-handed (I'm right-handed)...with one quick move.

The return lady only blushed slightly...but gave me the money back.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Not now, but it starts in July. Kohl's thinks that, if you come into the store, you will buy something. The same reason that Walmart allows free overnight RV parking in their parking lots.
Yep...just good business.

In popular vacation areas, such as National Parks and other famous attractions...you can see a plethora of RV's on the back side of the closest Walmart parking lots.

On one of our vacation trips to Alaska, I couldn't believe the number of 'rigs'...in the Walmart parking lots in Anchorage
Old 04-25-2019, 08:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
The $6 fee is ONLY for home pickup. Your understanding of the returns policy is flawed. Here's the actual policy:

Note the bold at the bottom. The thing about the result of an Amazon error refers specifically to refunding of the original shipping fee, not about any subsequent charge for returning the product. This also means that if you bought more than $25 worth of stuff in a single order, you wouldn't have paid any shipping fee in the first place. So there wouldn't be any loss at all.

Oh and the bra I returned was over two years ago. So no, it's not "recent."
That's what I said. If you want HOME PICKUP (UPS CALL TAG) and it is NOT an AMAZON error they will charge you for the call tag and return shipping. Also if you return anything other than CLOTHES (or whatever is included under that category) it is FREE (except for a SCHEDULED home pickup AKA UPS CALL TAG then they charge you). If you HAND IT TO A UPS DRIVER WITHOUT REQUESTING A HOME PICKUP it's free because YOU DID NOT SCHEDULE IT and it is the same a putting it in a drop box NEITHER of which I would ever do since there is no receipt. If you JUST DON'T LIKE SOMETHING (and tell them that) you ARE CHARGED A RETURN SHIPPING FEE other than for clothes and whatever they include in the "department" like luggage, and some other odd things.

Not sure what your point was. Last time I managed a THE UPS STORE was from JAN 2012 to SEPT 2016 which was BEFORE clothing was free which was why I said they "recently" started that. Mybe your bra was a special. Or maybe I don't remember the date clothes were free stsrted.

If anything other then that was stated by me it was either a typo or a misunderstand of my typing.

Here, see below, I pretended I want to return something I got a few days ago because I didn't like it. Note the fees:

$5.99 return shipping fee if I drop it off at a store or in a UPS box or find a driver driving around town and give it to her.
$11.99 if I want to SCHEDULE UPS TO COME TO ME AND PICK IT UP which equals $5.99 return fee PLUS $5 UPS CALL TAG FEE.

If I told them it was DAMAGED I would be charged NOTHING.

They are charging $5 extra/more/in addition in order to have UPS SCHEDULED to come to you to pick it up (a UPS CALL TAG is issued). If you hand it to a driver that you see on your block you won't be charged the extra $5 because you did not schedule the pickup through AMZ. It's only when YOU REQUEST A DRIVER TO COME TO YOUR HOME THROUGH AMZ that you are charged a pick-up fee ON TOP OF return shipping fee and ONLY if it is NOT an AMZ error or damaged item or clothing.

Maybe I didn;t write what I meant but I know exactly what I mean since I dealt with it for 4 years dealing with AMZ, Apple, Comcast and many others and their returns as we contracted with all of them and more.

There are of course EXCEPTIONS to every policy.

Hopefully that cleared up any misunderstanding I may have left you with.

See screen print below :
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-04-25_21-07-18.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	79411  
Closed Thread

Tags
box, drop, amazon, return, shipping

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.