Rialto theater

Closed Thread
Old 05-28-2021, 04:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts

New Jersey is not the Villages. The developers should be providing entertainment that many Villagers grew up with like movie theaters. On a cost to benefits analysis this is a no brainer.
Old 05-29-2021, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

Last night on network news there was a story that about 80% of theaters will be opening this coming month. As far as blockbuster movies except for James Bond I usually don’t see them right away I like smaller movies and love foreign films ( have to wait till I go home soon to Boston for that) only time foreign film would get to villages is if it’s about God, a dog or some family in there march to redemption and yes I do watch some on TV but it could never be as good as in a theater
Old 05-29-2021, 08:49 AM
Gold member

To me the issue isn't the availability of the theater, as I gave up on the quality of movies a few years ago. My issue is that the front of that theater looks terrible - in my opinion it's an eyesore. If my house looked that bad for that long, "they" would be threatening lawsuits and fines. The family has every right to their money, but they don't have the right to make my community look shabby. Right now that corner of the square looks shabby. Why can't they finish up the front?
Old 05-29-2021, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
New Jersey is not the Villages. The developers should be providing entertainment that many Villagers grew up with like movie theaters. On a cost to benefits analysis this is a no brainer.
Tal,

We know you love movies and are a frequent movie goer and also a truth teller. Do you find or DID you find, before the pandemic, that the seats were half full some of the time, most of the time or rarely??

The word SHOULD is associated with a moral slant. The developers are not our sheltering parent.
Old 05-29-2021, 10:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
To me the issue isn't the availability of the theater, as I gave up on the quality of movies a few years ago. My issue is that the front of that theater looks terrible - in my opinion it's an eyesore. If my house looked that bad for that long, "they" would be threatening lawsuits and fines. The family has every right to their money, but they don't have the right to make my community look shabby. Right now that corner of the square looks shabby. Why can't they finish up the front?
Agreed. It's unattractive and makes that whole corner look like a construction zone (which, apparently, it still is). If they could at least do something with the facade, or heck - even hire some local painters to do some artwork on the walls covering the building, it'd be an improvement over what it is now.
Old 05-29-2021, 10:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Agreed. It's unattractive and makes that whole corner look like a construction zone (which, apparently, it still is). If they could at least do something with the facade, or heck - even hire some local painters to do some artwork on the walls covering the building, it'd be an improvement over what it is now.
That square is modeled on a fantasy Spanish place. The designers were associated somehow with Disney and created a vintage Spanish Square, even complete with a Church building, which is now The Sharon Theater, but still "looks" the part. I don't think that fantasy Spanish places had "artwork on the walls covering the building".
Old 05-29-2021, 10:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
That square is modeled on a fantasy Spanish place. The designers were associated somehow with Disney and created a vintage Spanish Square, even complete with a Church building, which is now The Sharon Theater, but still "looks" the part. I don't think that fantasy Spanish places had "artwork on the walls covering the building".
You are really having a hard time understanding what people are posting today.

We're talking about the current construction barrier walls placed in front of the building, that are ugly, because they're the construction barriers. That's not the facade of the building. I said they should EITHER finish the facade (and then not need those construction barrier walls) OR put some artwork on the construction barrier walls (which would make them less hideous than they are now).
Old 05-29-2021, 12:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
You are really having a hard time understanding what people are posting today.

We're talking about the current construction barrier walls placed in front of the building, that are ugly, because they're the construction barriers. That's not the facade of the building. I said they should EITHER finish the facade (and then not need those construction barrier walls) OR put some artwork on the construction barrier walls (which would make them less hideous than they are now).
You could or should have said this nicer.
Old 05-29-2021, 12:29 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
I like smaller movies and love foreign films ( have to wait till I go home soon to Boston for that) only time foreign film would get to villages is if it’s about God, a dog or some family in there march to redemption ...
I would love if they opened Rialto and focused on indie and foreign films there. I LOVE subtitles!

kathy
Old 05-29-2021, 01:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Tal,

We know you love movies and are a frequent movie goer and also a truth teller. Do you find or DID you find, before the pandemic, that the seats were half full some of the time, most of the time or rarely??

The word SHOULD is associated with a moral slant. The developers are not our sheltering parent.
Depends on the movie. They showed film festivals aimed at movie lovers and not with an eye on profit. Blockbuster movies at the Rialto were often filled to capacity. Especially in the late afternoon and evening. Not so much the earliest showings.

And if you market a life style when you try to sell houses which includes three viable movie theaters then there is definitely an ethical component to keeping those three theaters going. There is a duty to homeowners to keep up the standards they expected when they bought the home. This certainly applies to keeping up the golf courses, for instance.
Old 05-29-2021, 01:13 PM
Location: Moved to the Village of Caroline from St. Louis MO.

I'm starting the rumor "they are converting the areas under the seats into apartments".
Old 05-29-2021, 01:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
You and she could or should both try staying on topic. As Mick Jagger says, you can't always get what you want.
Old 05-29-2021, 02:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
rialto, theater, providing, stopped, newspaper

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.