The Ring Doorbell

Closed Thread
Old 03-04-2019, 07:50 AM

Ring supplies a resistor that is necessary to be hooked into your existing chime wiring. If you did that, chances are as several have noted, your chime may not be compatible. My original one was not so I bought the cheapest chime at Lowe’s that was on Rings compatibly list. Good luck. The Ring products do work well.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:59 AM

Did you install the included transformer on your door chime? Mine required it, so the is a likely solution.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:06 AM
Default You most likely have a digital doorbell chime and need the diode

Newer doorbell chimes are digital and need a diode installed. The diode is included with the Ring doorbell and is very easy to install. I would try this first as it is a ten-minute fix if that is the issue. Good luck.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:57 AM

My son had an issue like this and he changed the polarity of the connections. That seemed to work
Old 03-04-2019, 12:44 PM

I have had some small problems with my ring camera and solar cell and Ring is very good in responding to any problems with any of their products. I did have to install a Chime pro in the house because my bell didn't work perfectly with the Ring.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:01 PM

Install a Diode 1N4007
Old 03-06-2019, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
We just installed the Ring doorbell and wired it into the existing doorbell. It seems to be working fine except for the constant humming coming from the original door bell casing up on the wall. Does anyone know why it is doing this and how to fix it?
I have no problem with my Ring Doorbell 2. Make sure the diode is installed properly. If you have a transformer to power the doorbell the diode is necessary for proper functioning. Try reversing the wiring of the diode. Good luck.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:31 AM
Veteran member

Tried to work with The Ring support, now my regular door bell is destroyed and I will need to get a new one. They are sending me a new Ring but not a new doorbell. Now I need to hire someone to put in a new doorbell which is 9 feet up on the wall and pair it with the Ring, not worth all this trouble, but now I have no doorbell at all. By the time this is done, I'll spend 2 or 3 hundred dollars, what a waste of time and money.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Tried to work with The Ring support, now my regular door bell is destroyed and I will need to get a new one. They are sending me a new Ring but not a new doorbell. Now I need to hire someone to put in a new doorbell which is 9 feet up on the wall and pair it with the Ring, not worth all this trouble, but now I have no doorbell at all. By the time this is done, I'll spend 2 or 3 hundred dollars, what a waste of time and money.
I'm not exactly sure what the issue is your having. I have a Ring, and have installed them for others, with absolutely no issues. How do you know your existing doorbell is "destroyed"?
Old 03-06-2019, 11:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
I got a wireless doorbell from Lowe's, works like a charm. I think it was around $49

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 03-09-2019, 04:45 PM

If you use ALEXA they can now announce a doorbell ring "someone is at your "front" door" or announce motion at your front door. No doorbell needed.
Royal Air Force Benson, England
Eielson Air Force Base, AK, Clark AFB, Philippines
Kadena AFB, Okinawa Japan, Yakota AFB, Japan
Osan AB, Pyeongtaek, South Korea, Yangsan Army Garrison, Seoul South Korea
Old 03-10-2019, 09:59 AM
Veteran member

I love my Ring doorbell. I was in New Zealand on a ship and my phone jingled at 4:30am. I looked at the video feed and saw my landscapers.What are they doing at my house at 4:30am. Whoops.. I was on New Zealand time.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:04 PM

We had the same problem with our Nest doorbell. Go into settings, look for chime duration and set it for Off.
Closed Thread

Tags
doorbell, ring, wall, door, bell

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.