The Ring Doorbell

The Ring Doorbell

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 03-03-2019, 09:08 AM

Ring one. Great product. No buzzing. I was in New Zealand recently and my phone gave off the Ring warning to indicate that some action was going on. I got up, looked at the time and it was 4:00 am. I checked the video feed and saw my landscaper cutting my lawn. WHAT? 4:30AM. Whoops, I forgot the time difference between The Villages and New Zealand.

Old 03-04-2019, 05:29 AM

Mine works fine. They do make a transformer that is required for some door bells. I am sure if you call, they can diagnose the issue.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2019, 06:06 AM

I had to take out the resistor to make the buzzing stop
Old 03-04-2019, 06:23 AM

A known problem. The Ring doorbell is drawing a small amount of current to keep its microprocessor running, thus slightly triggering your chime. Go to their web site & read the FAQ's. Many people are having the same problem. Their customer support people know the different things to try & will send you any extra parts needed -- free.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
We just installed the Ring doorbell and wired it into the existing doorbell. It seems to be working fine except for the constant humming coming from the original door bell casing up on the wall. Does anyone know why it is doing this and how to fix it?
It's likely a short in the wires leading to the doorbell causing it to be constantly on. Since the power is on, the doorbell can't retract as it should. Recheck your wiring for a direct short.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:50 AM

Ring supplies a resistor that is necessary to be hooked into your existing chime wiring. If you did that, chances are as several have noted, your chime may not be compatible. My original one was not so I bought the cheapest chime at Lowe’s that was on Rings compatibly list. Good luck. The Ring products do work well.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:59 AM

Did you install the included transformer on your door chime? Mine required it, so the is a likely solution.
You most likely have a digital doorbell chime and need the diode
Old 03-04-2019, 09:06 AM

Default You most likely have a digital doorbell chime and need the diode

Newer doorbell chimes are digital and need a diode installed. The diode is included with the Ring doorbell and is very easy to install. I would try this first as it is a ten-minute fix if that is the issue. Good luck.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:57 AM

My son had an issue like this and he changed the polarity of the connections. That seemed to work
Old 03-04-2019, 12:44 PM

I have had some small problems with my ring camera and solar cell and Ring is very good in responding to any problems with any of their products. I did have to install a Chime pro in the house because my bell didn't work perfectly with the Ring.

Tags
doorbell, ring, wall, door, bell