The Ring Doorbell

The Ring Doorbell

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 03-04-2019, 06:01 PM

Install a Diode 1N4007

Old 03-06-2019, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
We just installed the Ring doorbell and wired it into the existing doorbell. It seems to be working fine except for the constant humming coming from the original door bell casing up on the wall. Does anyone know why it is doing this and how to fix it?
I have no problem with my Ring Doorbell 2. Make sure the diode is installed properly. If you have a transformer to power the doorbell the diode is necessary for proper functioning. Try reversing the wiring of the diode. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2019, 10:31 AM
Veteran member

Tried to work with The Ring support, now my regular door bell is destroyed and I will need to get a new one. They are sending me a new Ring but not a new doorbell. Now I need to hire someone to put in a new doorbell which is 9 feet up on the wall and pair it with the Ring, not worth all this trouble, but now I have no doorbell at all. By the time this is done, I'll spend 2 or 3 hundred dollars, what a waste of time and money.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:32 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Tried to work with The Ring support, now my regular door bell is destroyed and I will need to get a new one. They are sending me a new Ring but not a new doorbell. Now I need to hire someone to put in a new doorbell which is 9 feet up on the wall and pair it with the Ring, not worth all this trouble, but now I have no doorbell at all. By the time this is done, I'll spend 2 or 3 hundred dollars, what a waste of time and money.
I'm not exactly sure what the issue is your having. I have a Ring, and have installed them for others, with absolutely no issues. How do you know your existing doorbell is "destroyed"?
Old 03-06-2019, 11:39 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
I got a wireless doorbell from Lowe's, works like a charm. I think it was around $49

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 03-09-2019, 04:45 PM

If you use ALEXA they can now announce a doorbell ring "someone is at your "front" door" or announce motion at your front door. No doorbell needed.
Royal Air Force Benson, England
Eielson Air Force Base, AK, Clark AFB, Philippines
Kadena AFB, Okinawa Japan, Yakota AFB, Japan
Osan AB, Pyeongtaek, South Korea, Yangsan Army Garrison, Seoul South Korea
Old 03-10-2019, 09:59 AM

I love my Ring doorbell. I was in New Zealand on a ship and my phone jingled at 4:30am. I looked at the video feed and saw my landscapers.What are they doing at my house at 4:30am. Whoops.. I was on New Zealand time.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:04 PM

We had the same problem with our Nest doorbell. Go into settings, look for chime duration and set it for Off.

Tags
doorbell, ring, wall, door, bell