Road Construction

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2020, 08:54 PM
Default Road Construction

Why in during the height of population would they want to tear up Buenos Vista and Morse Avenue for approximately six months and then close Canal Street for two weeks while the construction is on?

Why not wait for Canal Street construction to finish, then do a multi crew work on either Morse or Buenos Vista doing the construction on just one of the two major North /South Roads and when finished do the other?

This way one of the two will be wide open reducing the major traffic congestion during peak season. Better yet, why not wait till after March to do the work?

It appears as it is right now, we will have two major roads down to one lane and the best alternate shut down at the same time.

This is similar the the brainstorm of closing the Spanish Springs Theater during peak season rather than waiting.
Old 01-16-2020, 09:00 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Babb View Post
Why in during the height of population would they want to tear up Buenos Vista and Morse Avenue for approximately six months and then close Canal Street for two weeks while the construction is on?

Why not wait for Canal Street construction to finish, then do a multi crew work on either Morse or Buenos Vista doing the construction on just one of the two major North /South Roads and when finished do the other?

This way one of the two will be wide open reducing the major traffic congestion during peak season. Better yet, why not wait till after March to do the work?

It appears as it is right now, we will have two major roads down to one lane and the best alternate shut down at the same time.

This is similar the the brainstorm of closing the Spanish Springs Theater during peak season rather than waiting.
Just to mess with the snowbirds?
Steve
Old 01-16-2020, 09:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Add road repair to the LONG LIST of things Villagers want to be in charge of.
Old 01-16-2020, 10:10 PM
Sage

remember the old song 16 tons, I owe my should to the company store, well the villages is the company store; but you don't owe your soul, you live here by choice, and you don't owe anyone anything
Old 01-17-2020, 07:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,349 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Old 01-17-2020, 07:51 AM
Sage

The sidewalk superintendents don't realize that they are avoiding the rainy season, thus keeping the grindings from the road out of the storm drains, and insuring the best possible bond between the layers of asphalt.
Old 01-17-2020, 08:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,349 Times in 2,505 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
The sidewalk superintendents don't realize that they are avoiding the rainy season, thus keeping the grindings from the road out of the storm drains, and insuring the best possible bond between the layers of asphalt.
Please do not confuse the argument with answers or facts. Thank you.
Old 01-17-2020, 12:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,729 Posts

Thank you for explaining about the rainy season, otherwise it did seem a bit stupid to do the construction during the peak season. But your reasoning makes sense.
Old 01-17-2020, 12:23 PM

Rainy season does make sense... How about doing one road with multiple crews (quicker) than the other to provide a good alternate for Major North --South travel
Old 01-17-2020, 02:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,655 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Babb View Post
Rainy season does make sense... How about doing one road with multiple crews (quicker) than the other to provide a good alternate for Major North --South travel
This seems like an important issue to you. Have you contacted the county to discuss it with them?
Old 01-17-2020, 03:12 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,323 Times in 1,439 Posts

I'll stay south of 466A for the season and get where I have to via 301 and some back roads. I really have no reason to go further north, if I need a hospital I'll go to Leesburg or the new Emergency center on 44 opening Feb. 3.
Old 01-17-2020, 04:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Didn't they do the first half of the Morse BV project last summer during the rainy season? Sounds like a good logical reason but I think roadwork generally is able to deal with all kinds of weather. I think it's just called "bad timing." I don't think the comparatively light traffic on those roads will create major tie ups during construction. Your tax dollars at work!
Old 01-17-2020, 07:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

Could it also be impacted by the contractor's schedule....somehow I suspect they have other contracts, not only The Villages and if they are the contractor of choice then the customer works around their schedule also.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-17-2020, 09:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
And this place would look like "the projects" in most major cities in a hurry.
Old 01-17-2020, 10:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,099 Times in 2,231 Posts

Note: most of this work is done at night with minimal interference to the daytime traffic, Also, if I understand the sequence of the projects, BV will be starting in the North section while the Canal street work is being done, so NO interference, by the time they get to the section of BV between 466 and 466a Canal should be done and will be a suitable detour route.

Tags
construction, major, roads, street, wait

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.