Road noise

Road noise

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 06-12-2019, 08:05 PM

Before installing a water feature please ask your neighbor if they are ok with the noise. I would LOVE a water feature but when I asked my neighbors, one said he would rather I didn’t, so I didn’t. Don’t impose the noise of a wf on your neighbor without getting their “permission.” It’s just the right thing to do.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiring View Post
Before installing a water feature please ask your neighbor if they are ok with the noise. I would LOVE a water feature but when I asked my neighbors, one said he would rather I didn’t, so I didn’t. Don’t impose the noise of a wf on your neighbor without getting their “permission.” It’s just the right thing to do.
I agree. This also applies to wind chimes and other noise making devices that will create noise on your neighbor's property.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2019, 05:58 AM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiring View Post

very nice, but not required if within restrictions
Old 06-13-2019, 07:41 AM
Gold member

Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio

Wind chimes are the worst possible thing to have next to your home. We rented a home in 2007 and the neighbor had at least a dozen of them right outside the master bedroom. The first night there, the 2007 tornado came through and all of the chimes were gone in the morning, they did not replace them during the 2 months we were there and I thank God for that as well as making it through the tornado without harm, we were on Golden Ridge and it took quite a hit.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Wind chimes are the worst possible thing to have next to your home. We rented a home in 2007 and the neighbor had at least a dozen of them right outside the master bedroom. The first night there, the 2007 tornado came through and all of the chimes were gone in the morning, they did not replace them during the 2 months we were there and I thank God for that as well as making it through the tornado without harm, we were on Golden Ridge and it took quite a hit.
I'm with you. I can't stand those wind chimes.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:05 AM

Totally agree! They can drive you crazy. As far as road noise, when we were first married we lived a block away from and “el” (elevates trains). At first, we heard it every time it passed. After a few months, we didn’t even hear it anymore you get used to it. I would assume it’s the same with the road.

Tags
water, feature, noise, successful, loren