Roof and Insurance Costs

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2020, 08:37 AM
Default Roof and Insurance Costs

There's been several roofers in my area saying that they will work with your insurance company to get a new roof with only the home owner paying the deductible.

My question is if home owners insurance rates will increase if the insurance company pays for the roof.

Anyone experience this?
Old 02-07-2020, 09:42 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misky1951 View Post
There's been several roofers in my area saying that they will work with your insurance company to get a new roof with only the home owner paying the deductible.

My question is if home owners insurance rates will increase if the insurance company pays for the roof.

Anyone experience this?
Hello Misky1951,

I work for a roofing company and there are several variables to the question you are asking. If you have a legitimate claim, it shouldn't go up. If it does, then often times obtaining a Wind Mitigation report after your new roof is installed will offset and even potentially lower your premiums. Our company offers free, no obligation estimates and will gladly let you know if you have a potential weather event claim. Please feel free to contact our office at 352.241.ROOF(7663) or visit us online at HOME | Roofing The Villages. Hope this helps.
Old 02-07-2020, 01:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,552 Times in 662 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misky1951 View Post

Anyone experience this?
Misky, be very careful, Never, NEVER, sign a ASSIGNMENT OF BENEFITS form with the contractor. If you do, you are no longer dealing with the insurance company, ALL decisions are being made by the contractor! Is there a reason for you to need a new roof, or is this a contractor looking for business? If you have a legitimate claim (leaking roof, obvious damage, hail damage,etc.), call your insurance company directly. They will inspect your roof and make an offer on repair or replacement. You can also ask about possible increase in rates. Also, check with BBB and seniors against crime with regard to this roofing contractor.
Old 02-07-2020, 11:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,923 Times in 789 Posts

Maybe it's different here in Florida but up north rates go up with ANY claim no matter what happened. As long as the insurance company writes a check you pay for it. We were with the same insurance company up north for over 40 years with NEVER a single claim, 3 years before we moved here we had a partial roof collapse due to 3 wet heavy snow storms within a couple weeks. Final repair cost was over $15,000. The year after that our insurance just about doubled but even worse than that, our "insurance score" which is like your credit score went up 50% which even affected us down here. Like credit scores you are entitled to a copy of your "insurance score."
Closed Thread

Tags
insurance, roof, home, company, owner

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.