Roof shingle gravel

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2018, 02:26 PM
Location: Detroit area, Da UP, 6 states and 2 countries in 21 years Army, now Duneden
Default Roof shingle gravel

I was in my birdcage today and again noticed a large (at least large to me) amount of gravel from my shingles that had come through the weave in the screen. I have cleaned the birdcage out before, but this seems to be a recurring issue. Has anyone else observed this? Is it just my imagination or is it worth a call to the warranty office? We've been in the Dunedin house (purchased new) for going on 3 years. Thoughts?
Old 03-25-2018, 03:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Do you have a palm tree close to the house whose fronds are scraping the roof in windy situations? Our neighbors' palm was put too close to our house. They would leave for the summer, and with their blessing we would clip the fronds short enough to stay off of our roof. We love these people; it was all done in a friendly way.
Old 03-25-2018, 03:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic4me View Post
I was in my birdcage today and again noticed a large (at least large to me) amount of gravel from my shingles that had come through the weave in the screen. I have cleaned the birdcage out before, but this seems to be a recurring issue. Has anyone else observed this? Is it just my imagination or is it worth a call to the warranty office? We've been in the Dunedin house (purchased new) for going on 3 years. Thoughts?
It’s a free call.....
Old 03-25-2018, 04:31 PM

I’ve had the same problem over the past six years. Called the villages warranty department, they gave me the number to call the manufacture of Certainteed shingles. After four phone calls and waiting five months, a representative came out. He said it’s normal. I disagreed. Did nothing. Maybe you’ll have better luck.
Closed Thread

Tags
large, birdcage, gravel, worth, imagination

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.