Roofers

Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2021, 07:37 AM

Yes they did ours saved us 12k
Great one day done
Hawththorn model
Old 06-17-2021, 07:45 AM

We used Secure Roofing they were great,also several of our neighbors used them also no problems.
Old 06-17-2021, 07:54 AM

Yes, I had 5 Star replace my roof and would highly recommend them to everyone, did a fantastic job and very professional!!

Last edited by FUSSY LADY; 06-17-2021 at 08:03 AM.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,010 Times in 1,737 Posts

Up north my bil owned the largest and most successful roofing company in the city. He used to tell stories. My hair still stands up when I think of some of them.

Last edited by Velvet; 06-17-2021 at 08:32 AM.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:38 AM
Gold member

I've watched McGinnis tear off and install a new roof in five hours. For that reason alone, I chose a different roofer. How good can the installation be in such a quick time?
Old 06-17-2021, 08:44 AM
Gold member

What was your total cost for the Hawthorn model? Who did it? Thanks.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:59 AM
Default Roofing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Some of my neighbors have replaced their roofs. My untrained eye tells me there maybe damage on my roof too. Someone gave me Five Star roofing and construction. Anyone have their roof done with them? Or which roofing company could be trusted?
We used five star and they did a good job. There was an issue with the final inspection, but it all turned out OK. Plus, we had an exhaust vent fail and they responded quickly under their warranty.
Old 06-17-2021, 09:37 AM
Default Roofer Used

Quote:
Some of my neighbors have replaced their roofs. My untrained eye tells me there maybe damage on my roof too. Someone gave me Five Star roofing and construction. Anyone have their roof done with them? Or which roofing company could be trusted?
We used Skymark Roofing, they checked out our roof and also was there when our insurance agent confirmed the roof damage. Then they replaced our roof to current building codes. It took them around 2 1/2 days and they really did a great job of clean up. Their phone number is (352) 805-8935. I believed that 5 or 6 of my neighbors and friends used them here in The Villages. You can use my name (Alex Yovorsky) if you choose them. I highly recommend them.
Alex
Old 06-17-2021, 10:55 AM
Default Roofing

Quote:
We used SPS Roofing and were so pleased that a neighbor and another friend used them and all of us were happy with the quality, honesty, and dependability. Scott Skipper is the owner.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1ceasar View Post
There are a few that I truly local long-term companies. We have used McHale as have many others. There are two or three others that you will find highly recommended as well. Our governor has just signed a bill that will stop all of the so-called hail damage slash insurance covered new roofs. Basically if you're not getting rain in your house, it's not damaged as much as you think and most groups are actually good for 20 to 25 to 30 years even in Florida. As others have said someone will have to go up on the roof and see if there's anything left of the asphalt shingles and how many years you have left. That's not to say that occasionally due to wind or hell a few shingles may need replacing but certainly I would prefer a $300 fix than going through doing the new roof and paying a huge deductible . At the end of the day I prefer to think of myself as being ethical and that not - gee wizh- I screwed over the insurance company.
Agree and remember Ins companies never lose. You will pay in the end.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:07 AM

Check with your insurance company before you sign ANYTHING from the roofer. If the insurance company denies your claim, you will be responsible for the cost of the roof.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,688 Times in 5,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal195z View Post
Check with your insurance company before you sign ANYTHING from the roofer. If the insurance company denies your claim, you will be responsible for the cost of the roof.
And, never sign an "Assignment of Benefits" form that allows the roofer to deal directly with the insurance company. If the claim is approved, you can hire a roofer and pay the roofer directly. A good roofer will install the roof and then ask for payment. I would never pay the roofer money in advance.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:29 AM

Quote:
If still interested in quote give me a call at 3524455571
Mike Smallwood
Time Machine Roofing
Old 06-17-2021, 11:30 AM

I bought my house in April. The previous owner had a new roof out on in October by Batterbee. I have a leak in the 2nd bedroom and the guest bathroom. The warranty transferred to me. I called them and they came right out. They said they need to reseal around the solar tube. Now waiting for them to return while it continues to rain. They were prompt to respond and were very nice. So far that’s all I can say. Hoping they fix it soon
Offutt AFB, NE—Wilton, ME
Kadena AFB, Okinawa—Eglin AFB, FL
Bergstrom AFB, TX.
RAF Welford, England.
Anderson AFB, Guam
Ramstein AB, Germany
Tallahassee, FL—Atlanta, GA
Old 06-17-2021, 12:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,688 Times in 5,234 Posts

Quote:
I would suggest that you ask any potential roofer for their "certified roofer contractor" license number before hiring them. And/or, you can easily verify their license on the Florida license lookup website. This website can also be used for any type of contractor you hire.

"www.myfloridalicense.com"

Some of the companies referenced on this thread do not appear to have a certified roofer contractor license in Florida.
Closed Thread

Tags
roofing, roof, roofers, construction, company

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.