Roofing Problem

Closed Thread
Old 09-14-2017, 09:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Well I go out today looking for a roofer working since NOBODY will return calls. I really don't want to do it but guess I'll have to. I find a few guys working (5) stop tell then what I need maybe 2 hours work at best, pay cash after your done here. It's only capping on 1 hip nah not interested. Really? I have all the supplies. Guess this old man has to come out of retirement.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomsiepop View Post
Yesterday I was driving throughout The Villages and noticed something strange. None of the homes North of 466A had roof damage while there were possibly close to a hundred homes South of 466A that had missing shingles torn from their roofs including mine. The bigger problem is trying to get in touch with a reputable roofing company to repair my roof. No one is picking up their phone. Could be they have no phone service.
Then you didn't see my home..Roof damage
I'm scheduled to be repaired Friday..Lets hope
Thanks to great neighbors when were away they actually scaled my roof assessed the damage morning after the storm
I Immediately called EPIC have worked with them in the past 5 stars in my book
Told them just make it rain proof and I'll deal with insurance later.
I can only imagine shingles are nowhere's to be found
Old 09-14-2017, 11:08 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,347 Times in 735 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Not interested in pointing fingers or making blame, just want to get a few ridge-vent shingles replaced. I am located in Harrisburg PA, and will be visiting my home in TV (South of 466A) on Sunday. Looking for someone; handyman, contractor, anyone, who can do the job. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
I am effectively in the same boat, I am just going to drive down and replace the shingles myself. I'll buy two or three shades of my color and use the ones that match the closest. Yes it is a shame I'll lose hours to drive there and back but at the end of the day it will be done and I won't be waiting on anyone.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:16 AM
Veteran member

Removing the potential issue of workmanship, remember that a storm is not uniform in nature, so it can very easily impact areas differently. It is possible that the wind gusts were higher south of 466A.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
Well I go out today looking for a roofer working since NOBODY will return calls. I really don't want to do it but guess I'll have to. I find a few guys working (5) stop tell then what I need maybe 2 hours work at best, pay cash after your done here. It's only capping on 1 hip nah not interested. Really? I have all the supplies. Guess this old man has to come out of retirement.
It is unfortunate, but they are probably grabbing bigger jobs for more money. However, if they were "contrarians", they might be able to get many smaller "quick and dirty" jobs done- and actually come out ahead-not to mention generating a good pool of future customers.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:39 PM

In my neighborhood of 52 homes we had 11 homes with roof damage that needed to be tarred or tarped until the roofs can be re-shingled. The shingles were put on improperly. We are south of 466A The pneumatic gun nails were put into the plastic which is only a 1/2 inch away from the edge of the the shingle. So they tore right off during the storm. It is all improper workmanship. I think some action needs to be taken.......we have in our neighborhood with one complete roof replacement around $55,000 total of roof damage in our neighborhood.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:36 PM
Veteran member

As I mentioned yesterday, my neighbor and I were able to get in touch with Evans Roofing and George Evans come over yesterday and replaced the few missing shingles. He even have the correct shingles, although I hadn't told him because I have no record what was installed on my resale, and the Villages Construction office was not open. His price, was also fair. His phone is 352-288-3127. Good luck.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:50 PM

TJ from Scott Smith roofing fixed our Roof. Not a lot of damage Did a great job Highly recommend
Old 09-14-2017, 03:01 PM

In Amelia a lot of us had our roofs replaced several years ago due to an error in Corning shingles shipped from Texas and not suitable for Florida weather. The roofer was really excellent-Batterbee Roofing out of Ocala
Old 09-14-2017, 03:42 PM

352-255-2758 McHale Roofing in Fruitland Park, 5 star certified roofer. Worked with Nathan (foreman) last two days getting 24 roofs secured in our Pinellas neighborhood area and I highly recommend them. They do a lot of professional buildings, homes, etc. and they're really GOOD!
Old 09-14-2017, 04:09 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
That's a shame. Just be safe up there.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulascorpio View Post
352-255-2758 McHale Roofing in Fruitland Park, 5 star certified roofer. Worked with Nathan (foreman) last two days getting 24 roofs secured in our Pinellas neighborhood area and I highly recommend them. They do a lot of professional buildings, homes, etc. and they're really GOOD!
I am glad to hear this with rain coming.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulascorpio View Post

Agree!

Insurance may not pay for water damage if temporary tarps not installed after known roof damage.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)

Last edited by chuckinca; 09-14-2017 at 08:32 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
homes, roof, roofing, 466a, problem

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.