Roped off entire section to save seats

Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2015, 03:56 PM
Platinum member
Default Roped off entire section to save seats

Last night, Scooter was at SS. There was an entire section, where approx.50 people normally sit, roped off. About 20 chairs were placed in a large circle with blue ribbon around the area. The nice thing was that a few people were in the area at 5pm, but doubt if there were ever more than 20 at this "class reunion" the entire evening. Then, most mingled and the chairs were not used by anyone, in or out of their group.
Old 02-14-2015, 03:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,369 Times in 2,397 Posts

Give us a call!

The Villages Entertainment * Special Events Department: (352) 750-5411
Old 02-14-2015, 04:57 PM
Gold member

The problem with that group was they saved all those seats....and never sat down....

We bring our own chairs and we sat in the area directly behind them, behind the bushes, to the side of the stage....they had about 15 people who never sat down down.....They just stood in front of there chairs, all piled together and mingled in place.

We danced most of the time, but it did get annoying for the others sitting next too us.....

All we heard all night was, down in front...but not loud enough for anyone of them too care...

Some people are very selfish. They should of walked behind all the people in chairs and stood and talked...
Old 02-14-2015, 07:54 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
Last night, Scooter was at SS. There was an entire section, where approx.50 people normally sit, roped off. About 20 chairs were placed in a large circle with blue ribbon around the area. The nice thing was that a few people were in the area at 5pm, but doubt if there were ever more than 20 at this "class reunion" the entire evening. Then, most mingled and the chairs were not used by anyone, in or out of their group.
Next time, take scissors, cut the ribbon and let it fall to the ground.....and sit down.

They're ridiculous.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:55 PM
Gold member

Until there is a confrontation with these type of people it will continue. Something has to happen which gets the attention of the Villages Entertainment Department. Phone calls will get you nowhere.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:01 PM
Veteran member

When I was younger say 20 I knew then old people were rude and none caring. Now that I'm old (not quite 68 )we still are. Grocery store driving every where they. And now I'm going to be the same because ( someone finish it)
Old 02-14-2015, 08:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
Next time, take scissors, cut the ribbon and let it fall to the ground.....and sit down.

They're ridiculous.

I agree
Old 02-14-2015, 08:55 PM
Eternal Member

Every time there is a thread on here about saved seats, there are those who say they would or should cut the ropes and take the seats. Why is no one really doing it?
Old 02-14-2015, 09:22 PM
Sage

Stocking my cart now

The Villages Florida
Old 02-14-2015, 11:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
Every time there is a thread on here about saved seats, there are those who say they would or should cut the ropes and take the seats. Why is no one really doing it?
I have done it. I've also removed seat cushions.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:23 AM
Send a message via AIM to Baileysmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
I have done it. I've also removed seat cushions.
Go on with your bad self Doug. Good for you, I applaud your actions.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
Until there is a confrontation with these type of people it will continue. Something has to happen which gets the attention of the Villages Entertainment Department. Phone calls will get you nowhere.
If there are enough irate phone calls, it should get you somewhere. It worked with the people turning the Tamarind Grove mail center into a dog park. It can work here too if enough people kick up a fuss.

I wonder how the water aerobics in adult pools situation is going.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
If there are enough irate phone calls, it should get you somewhere. It worked with the people turning the Tamarind Grove mail center into a dog park. It can work here too if enough people kick up a fuss.

I wonder how the water aerobics in adult pools situation is going.
You're kidding about Tamarind Grove Right ? There's a parade of dogs there all day long. Nobody seems to care.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I still say that trying to police something like that is impossible. Ballsy people win through intimidation. There is NO entertainment department in the world that could stop this attitude. Most of us don't WANT or enjoy confrontation.

What if the entertainment department removed the cushions and the ropes? Some smart aleck with a snootful is going to take on someone and it well may get physical.

If they employed every night one person to remove the ropes and the cushions, every night, 364 days a year, then that has to come out of the money usually used by entertainment and out of the money from the merchants. Somebody has to pay for it. Would it work? Would the cops be called two or three times a week to eject someone? This is a public area.

No one would learn anything from the cops being called. It would just be ugly and not a really good way to handle it.

WHo knows who is carrying and drinking at the same time?

We have so much negative stuff on this forum. We are devaluing our own homes.

I think that The Villages expected people to behave like mature adults here. They try to avoid making a line and daring people to cross it.

Would signs help? If you put up directions, you have to have some teeth to them. I say that the people who think they are above directions and rules will just keep on, keepin' on.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

It could be handled. They just don't want to.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.