Roped off entire section to save seats

Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2015, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
We were at SS tonight as well tonight, at 5p when the music began, there were 10 seats roped off. I pulled the rope off and allowed 8 others to use those chairs, we only needed 2. At approx. 5:40p, the person who had roped off the seats showed up. We informed her that seats not occupied when the music begins are fair game. Well, that began quite the intense discussion about the rules for seats. I was not only accused of ruining their evening, but that of their out of town guests as well. So sorry, but why should you be so much more special than anybody else.

BTW, the people seated around us cheered the actions!
I'm not a Villager yet, but will be in the next year. I agree with this. I am one of those confrontational people, even if it's one chair. Fortunately, being 6'4" and 270lbs, nobody confronts me that much. It's so sad, I used to have so much fun.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Exclamation If Rule

If the rule is that seats cannot be saved and some have roped off large or even small areas then the easy solution is to take the ropes down. If one of those saving seats confronts you they should be reminded that (a) you will file assualt charges, (b) if assualted or even threatened with assualt by someone who has the ability to preform an assult, (e.g. forms fist and aims at you, etc) then the assualt may be rated a "higher assualt" for threatening a person over 65 in Florida. Also, you will pursue the charge in court and they will be fined and maybe sent to jail. Are the seats worth it to them? And if they go on then file the charges, (get witnesses at the site).
Old 02-24-2015, 09:06 AM
Gold member

I looked at the Spanish Springs camera yesterday at 1:30 because Rocky and the Rollers were there. There were already about 50 chairs set out. The camera's view couldn't tell if they were roped off though.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulparrot View Post
I'm not a Villager yet, but will be in the next year. I agree with this. I am one of those confrontational people, even if it's one chair. Fortunately, being 6'4" and 270lbs, nobody confronts me that much. It's so sad, I used to have so much fun.
Wow!
Old 02-24-2015, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Wow!
Why wow? outside people I scare. sadly, none of my daughters are afraid of me. they have seen me cry at Harry Potter films.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:53 AM
Platinum member

Dr. Winston, The "nice lady" answered the phone at the # Bogie Shooter gave as Villages Entertainment Special events 352-750-5411. So I assume that she is with the Entertainment Office.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I have noticed that men with "large presence" usually don't get picked on and so usually are teddy bears.

And they sit where they want to.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:28 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I see a dilemma in all this. What if you have a small group of four to eight people let's say who have not save seats, but go there early to get seats together. Then you all get up to go to the bathroom or dance or get in line for an adult beverage. When you return people have removed your seat cushions or whatever you left on your seats to let someone know that they are occupied and people are sitting in the seats. Or, you go there as a couple and another couple is on the way so you politely tell people that you are saving two seats. Now many people might say that saving two seats is one thing but roping off twenty seats is something else. The question is where does the line get drawn?
I really think that leaving your coat or hat or water bottle on your seat shows that you are up dancing or getting a drink. But a rope across 25 chairs in a line at 3pm means that you are a chair hoarder.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 02-24-2015, 10:31 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to pens 1966
Default Brownwood

Does anyone else notice all the kids running around in Brownwood on the weekends it looks like Wildwood parents use the square for a sitting service it will be just be a matter of time before it will not be safe to be there !!!!!
Old 02-24-2015, 10:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens 1966 View Post
Does anyone else notice all the kids running around in Brownwood on the weekends it looks like Wildwood parents use the square for a sitting service it will be just be a matter of time before it will not be safe to be there !!!!!
You can do a search and find posts with similiar comments about Lake Sumter Landing...........and it is still safe to go there.
The sky is not falling!
Old 02-24-2015, 10:53 AM
Sage

Unfortunately, human nature hasn't changed in 3,000 years especially bad behavior!!

One fanny in seat equals reserved!!!!

Everyone should make this an issue when the survey comes out. If enough people complain to the powers that be, maybe a lasting solution will be implemented.

Until then, we are spinning our wheels in the small hope that some people will somehow "see the light", and act like they should, and be on the right side of angels.

BTW - They are special. Just ask them and they will tell you!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-24-2015, 04:27 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Why not a sign in a easy to see place at each square that says:

Chairs available on first come basis.
Saving or roping off seating is not allowed.

Than when it happens, anyone can just remove the rope or ribbon and if confronted, just point out the sign. Also an announcement when they do the "no smoking" and other announcements.

Simple solution that should prevent the problem.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
I have no problem with saving chairs as long as someone is in each chair at 5pm.
But to save them until 5:30 or 6-that is not right. IMHO
BS.....Why should someone go to the square at 8:00am and put a ribbon on a chair for that evening? Who the hell does he think he is? The chairs are for everyone and whoever gets there first gets to have that chair....
Old 02-24-2015, 08:20 PM
Gold member

I agree, but it takes enough of us with the "kahunas" to actually do it on a nightly basis until they learn the rules. TAKE BACK THE SQUARES!

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 02-24-2015, 08:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
We were at SS tonight as well tonight, at 5p when the music began, there were 10 seats roped off. I pulled the rope off and allowed 8 others to use those chairs, we only needed 2. At approx. 5:40p, the person who had roped off the seats showed up. We informed her that seats not occupied when the music begins are fair game. Well, that began quite the intense discussion about the rules for seats. I was not only accused of ruining their evening, but that of their out of town guests as well. So sorry, but why should you be so much more special than anybody else.

BTW, the people seated around us cheered the actions!
Wonder what pi**ed her off the most, not having the seats or her guests seeing she's not as entitled as she thinks she is.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.