Round-abouts again

Round-abouts again

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 05-20-2019, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by refeik View Post
I know you are probably tired of this issue but let me address something that hasn't been considered very much. Traffic flow would be much smoother, there would be less accidents, and much less confusion if drivers would only do a simple thing. SIGNAL WHEN YOU ARE EXITING THE ROUND ABOUT !!! Why people don't use their turn signals when exiting a round about is a wonder to me...
Im europe iys a $50 fine for not using a turn signal.

Old 05-20-2019, 06:27 AM

I lived in England for seven years, they have Roundabouts all over the place, an traffic moves easily. The Biggest thing is their Roundabouts are designed for safe driving, No curbs, hard angles when entering or exiting, good line of sight. Village Roundabouts are just designed incorrectly. There are a few in Maryland and they also are of bad design. Use Google Maps of other map program and look at roads in the UK. There are even some Doubles.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2019, 06:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Ummm...I think that's incorrect.
https://www.districtgov.org/communit...t-02-08-12.pdf
Steve
I hope your not going to suggest turning right from the left hand lane, or left from the right?
Old 05-20-2019, 06:52 AM

If TV would structure their roundabouts like Hilton Head Island, we wouldn’t have these problems. They have definite right turn lanes with concrete ‘barriers’ in the pavement (no crossing lanes) so you must turn right. If you’re going to the next ‘exit, you’re in the inner lane and will easily make the turn. Also, they should reverse the resident/non-result dent entrances at the the gates. I know that messes up the guardhouse attendant, but....The roundabouts here are crazy...the drivers crazier!
Old 05-20-2019, 06:53 AM

The best rule, if you can only remember one, is NEVER switch lanes while in the circle.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:09 AM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie1944 View Post
The best rule, if you can only remember one, is NEVER switch lanes while in the circle.

Almost correct................in the left lane (inside lane) entering the circle, if you want to exit at the third exit.......you will cross the outside lane.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:11 AM

Funnel all traffic into one lane. No right turns from left lane.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:11 AM

Whoever made the exiting rules is an idiot if your in the right lane u must take the first exit you should not be allowed to continue around too the second or third exit
round a bouts
Old 05-20-2019, 07:18 AM

Default round a bouts

that's great except TV has some lined where you can turn right from both lanes. messes everybody up
Old 05-20-2019, 07:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mase4 View Post
I lived in England for seven years, they have Roundabouts all over the place, an traffic moves easily. The Biggest thing is their Roundabouts are designed for safe driving, No curbs, hard angles when entering or exiting, good line of sight. Village Roundabouts are just designed incorrectly. There are a few in Maryland and they also are of bad design. Use Google Maps of other map program and look at roads in the UK. There are even some Doubles.

We also drive on the correct side of the road!!

Tags
exiting, round, simple, drivers, thing