Hopefully coming to TV by November!

Closed Thread
Old 08-24-2011, 08:31 AM
Default Hopefully coming to TV by November!

It looks like things are moving toward my heading to TV by the first of November. Problem is at the moment I will have no where to live when I get there. I'm looking to rent for at least the first year I am there just to make sure it is the right place for me. Trying to sell my home in MD has been a traumatic enough experience that I don't want to purchase another until I know it will be the place they will carry me out of in a box and my kids can deal with its sale.
I've been looking at several rental sites and it seems most long term rentals that are unfurnished are already rented. Anyone have any thoughts on whether it is too late for me and I need to just tough out another northern winter? I'm hoping to find a three bedroom place. I'm open to any location. CYV or home works. I do have some expense constraints but from what I've seen of the ones already rented most are in my range. It's just me and my craft items no pets, no spouse and no smoking!
Suzanne
Old 08-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

We sold our home in Bel Air in one day and moved to Tamarind Grove in July. We have since met a couple from Westminster whose home is still on the market after a year but decided to move to Buttonwood last April.

There is a site you might of overlooked, I just checked it out and on courtyard villas alone they have 44 pages. Here's the link:

http://www.thevillages4rent.com/
Old 08-24-2011, 12:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
We sold our home in Bel Air in one day and moved to Tamarind Grove in July. We have since met a couple from Westminster whose home is still on the market after a year but decided to move to Buttonwood last April.

There is a site you might of overlooked, I just checked it out and on courtyard villas alone they have 44 pages. Here's the link:

http://www.thevillages4rent.com/
Suzanne, Also check www.thevillagesdailysun.com, the classified ad section, and click on either furnished homes for rent or unfurnished homes for rent. You might also try www.****.com. Good luck in your search.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:21 PM

Thanks for the replys. I'm discovering that most rentals seem to be oriented to vacation rentals rather than long term living rentals. I am not giving up and will keep looking. Anyone have any information on a rental company called Palm Rentals in the Village? I found about them through the Daily Village Sun Classifieds.
Suzanne
Old 08-25-2011, 08:38 PM

Bumping up; in case anyone has a long term rental available starting in October or November......looking for 12 month lease.

Suzanne
Old 08-26-2011, 05:30 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I sent you a PM with some information and ideas.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:48 AM
Default lewis moving in

We will be moving in to our new home in buttonwood 9/21/11 at 2501 bayport. I can not wait to get there and meet every one
lewis
Old 08-27-2011, 06:09 AM
Gold member

...and they all lived happily ever after!
Old 08-28-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEWIS View Post
We will be moving in to our new home in buttonwood 9/21/11 at 2501 bayport. I can not wait to get there and meet every one
lewis
Congratulations!!!
I won't be too far behind you. Just learned tonight I will be able to move to TV October 1, though I probably won't actually make it till Oct 16. So much to do in 6 weeks! I'm hoping the excitement of moving to paradise will give me the energy I'm going to need.
Suzanne
Old 08-29-2011, 01:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by momesu View Post
Congratulations!!!
I won't be too far behind you. Just learned tonight I will be able to move to TV October 1, though I probably won't actually make it till Oct 16. So much to do in 6 weeks! I'm hoping the excitement of moving to paradise will give me the energy I'm going to need.
Suzanne
Congratulations Suzanne. Hope your move is smooth! Lucky you to be moving to TV before winter roll around.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:32 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Congratulations!!!
Suzanne
I am happy for you Suzanne! So exciting isn't it?
Old 08-29-2011, 06:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Congratulations!!!
Suzanne
I congratulate you and also hope you have help getting things ready to move. It was a huge job for the three of us.

Looking forward to meeting you and wishing you every happiness here in Lower Paradise.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Default Move scheduled!

Okay things are moving along here....lease is signed and starts Oct 1. Today I reserved a 16ft Penske truck to be picked up Oct 14. Will pack that afternoon and the 15th. Will head out with three friends and hopefully 1 son after church on the 16th. Spend the night in Chapel Hill, NC at sister's to unload some furniture she will store for me. Then Oct 17 head to TV hopefully arriving at new home by early evening! Look for me at LSL that night relaxing and showing off my new home town. Oct 18 will unload truck and drop off in Lady Lake either that evening or morning of the 19th.

It feels so good to have a plan.....now I just pray it all works as planned..... make that

Suzannne
Old 09-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default well hooray!

After all you have been through, I am sooo happy you have found TV to embrace an whole new beginning for you! Congrats!
Old 09-09-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
After all you have been through, I am sooo happy you have found TV to embrace an whole new beginning for you! Congrats!
Thanks! I hope one day you too can move from being a TV wanna be to a TV resident!
Suzanne
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.