Rubber Gloves and Masks Don't Work If You Don't Pay Attention

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2020, 01:14 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,221 Times in 928 Posts
Default Rubber Gloves and Masks Don't Work If You Don't Pay Attention

The other day on a run to Sam's to try and score some TP I observed many customers wearing rubber gloves and/or masks. They would rub their face, adjust the mask and scratch their heads with the gloves they wore.

When I went back to my vehicle a couple next to me were unloading their shopping cart into their car. The woman was talking on her cell phone using her rubber gloved hand to hold the phone.
Old 04-01-2020, 01:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Excellent point. I put a small bottle of hand sanitizer behind my windshield wiper so that when I get back to the car, I sanitize my gloves before touching the car and putting the groceries in the car. Then I sanitize again before getting into the car. You can use ammonia or bleach wipes instead of hand sanitizer. I use the hand sanitizer as its less poisonous than ammonia or bleach, and evaporates. I also make my own so that helps as well.

Keep those ammonia and bleach wipes, as you can reuse them by putting them back in the plastic jar, and adding small amount of properly diluted bleach or ammonia cleaner into the jar to resoak them.
Also one can use stronger blue shop towels from Auto Zone or other stores.

sportsguy
Old 04-01-2020, 01:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
The other day on a run to Sam's to try and score some TP I observed many customers wearing rubber gloves and/or masks. They would rub their face, adjust the mask and scratch their heads with the gloves they wore.

When I went back to my vehicle a couple next to me were unloading their shopping cart into their car. The woman was talking on her cell phone using her rubber gloved hand to hold the phone.
Haven't seen that myself but good that you posted it.

Some people need to be reminded that, glove or no glove, touching your face is the quickest way the virus transmits.
Old 04-01-2020, 02:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,952 Times in 1,706 Posts

Quote:

Just wash and sanitize the rubber gloves as often as possible, they helped me when I had nothing else. I used them instead of my hands and washed them for even longer because they saved my skin.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:47 AM
Gold member

Quote:

I put gloves on before I touch anything in a store and then take them off and dispose of them as soon as I leave the store.

Tags
gloves, rubber, masks, phone, unloading

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.