To The Rude Man With His Middle Finger Sticking Up

Closed Thread
Old 12-12-2019, 03:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I’m not defending the tooters, but depending on where you’re driving 10-15 mph below the speed limit, you may not be entirely without blame.
I think he was joking, PB.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGeo View Post
We were in a parking lot in The Villages the other day. My husband pulled out slightly and hesitated because he wasn't sure if he was going the right way to get to the road leading to a red light. Here comes a golf cart zipping along and instead of waiting a second whipped around his and gave my husband the finger. Funny thing is earlier in our shopping trip I had told my husband that everyone is extra nice at Christmas time. I guess that man did not get that memo. Anyway, we caught up with the golf cart and was going to apologize to the man, but he quickly turned off when I rolled my window down. I hope you read this that you know we wanted to apologize for any incovenience we caused you.
Perhaps the person was checking to feel which way the " Wind " coming from.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Mrs. KC and I went to SS yesterday afternoon to see Dark Waters at the Rialto (a really great show, BTW).

As we turned the corner of the square in front of Amerikanos, we saw a car in front of us with a signal on getting ready to turn into a parking spot on the left in front of Katie Belles. All of a sudden a cart coming from the direction of McCall's shot in front of the car into the parking and the driver of the cart jumped out and ran to a group of seats. The driver of the car sat there for a few moments dumbfounded and then drove off.

Ahh, the privileged, entitled and foolish.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:08 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
The other day I was on El Camino Real approaching the round about at Morse. A fairly young-ish woman in a cute little red convertible was in front of me. She stopped and tried to wave the golf carts onward. Mind you traffic was dense both in the streets and cart-paths. The driver of the golf cart tried to tell her she needed to onward. Instead she began to back up!!!! YIKES! I'm right there, so I tooted the horn. Her response was the one finger salute THEN she sped out! Both the cart driver and I just shook our heads. THAT kind of behavior isn't classy nor what I'd deem "lady-like"!! I hate when both guys and gals do it as it just doesn't show class---well maybe it does, but it's lower. What that lady doesn't know is motioning golf carts to go is breaking the law and in many instances could be a deadly accident.
I have been on a golf cart in that situation and when I tell the people in the car to keep moving, they give me the finger. Guess I crushed what they thought was their good deed of the day.
Old 12-13-2019, 05:58 AM

At all times, we must remember that we live in a community of retired people. For those who feel they are in a big hurry need to slow down and enjoy the wonders of where we live and stop doing everything so fast. If you feel you can't then get out of this community you are a danger to yourself and others
Old 12-13-2019, 06:51 AM

I've been here in TV for 6 months now and I have found that there seems to be an inordinate number of less than competent drivers here, for what I believe to be the following reasons: 1) Age, 2) folks are dealing with some sort of physical problem, 3) Women, or men, who have lost a long time spouse and have not driven very much because their spouse did most, or all, of the driving. We all need to be courteous, understanding, patient and EVER VIGILENT! When on my bicycle I was almost run over by a driver that had no idea she was going to hit me. That taught me a lesson. Never assume that drivers around you are competent.
Old 12-13-2019, 07:56 AM

It's dangerous to wave-on a golf cart.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:11 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I side with the people whose feelings are hurt or who are annoyed by someone showing their impatience.

Yesterday my husband dropped me off right in front of Publix (He paused just long enough for me to dismount) and I got out as quickly as my quickly is these days and some woman tooted at him. I quickly walked so she could see me and waved and quickly blew her a kiss.

Where I was raised you kept your patience better than that. It all goes in a pot to be saved for when you may need it. We all do things that are annoying. Some of us are far more annoying than others and probably don't even know it. We never know what others are dealing with.
I love to wave and smile to mean people. There is always hope they will have a better day.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswirs View Post
I've been here in TV for 6 months now and I have found that there seems to be an inordinate number of less than competent drivers here, for what I believe to be the following reasons: 1) Age, 2) folks are dealing with some sort of physical problem, 3) Women, or men, who have lost a long time spouse and have not driven very much because their spouse did most, or all, of the driving. We all need to be courteous, understanding, patient and EVER VIGILENT! When on my bicycle I was almost run over by a driver that had no idea she was going to hit me. That taught me a lesson. Never assume that drivers around you are competent.
You've hit the nail on the head. We'll comment that people have lost their perception capabilities (age, sight etc). Then there are the people who are elderly and trying to operate a larger car. Have you observed someone trying to park or leave a parking spot? Also I believe folks bring bad driving habits with them. Large cities "trains" people to be aggressive (think Chicago, Boston, Philly, New York and others). I heard people say "if you're not, you'll get killed!" OR the time I heard, "I lived in New York and I never used a stop sign there!". I've often wondered too, if any of these have taken behind the wheel driver's education...if so, why they've forgotten the 'rules of the road'.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:26 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
No finger salutes or horn toots, you mite have the bad luck of meeting up with a real"nut", and you don't want to defend your life and or the lives of your loved ones, this is Fl and firearms in cars are common place, remember the shooting incident a few years ago on466 , near Rolling acres--when a car agravated a biker
You got it brother/sister!
Old 12-13-2019, 09:17 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

This reminds me of a local news piece of an incident that occurred and a young lady of perhaps 18 years was being interviewed. As she told her story, she stated the guy had put up his “traffic finger”. We cracked up laughing, young kids have such an edge and perspective.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:49 AM

I have a difficult time with anyone driving 10 to 15 mph under the limit.
Walk instead!
35 in a 50 is dumb, not cautious.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGeo View Post
We were in a parking lot in The Villages the other day. My husband pulled out slightly and hesitated because he wasn't sure if he was going the right way to get to the road leading to a red light. Here comes a golf cart zipping along and instead of waiting a second whipped around his and gave my husband the finger. Funny thing is earlier in our shopping trip I had told my husband that everyone is extra nice at Christmas time. I guess that man did not get that memo. Anyway, we caught up with the golf cart and was going to apologize to the man, but he quickly turned off when I rolled my window down. I hope you read this that you know we wanted to apologize for any incovenience we caused you.
Don't worry about it, he was just telling you his age or his IQ. He must of been from NY city! Just one of TV model citizens.
Old 12-13-2019, 12:03 PM

To all the rude, impatient drivers out there: Karma has no menu. You get served what you deserve.
A big pet peeve of mine: Getting honked at from behind when I actually stop at a stop sign and wait for cross traffic to clear before proceeding safely. After all, it's only THE LAW. Why do people have to be jerks? Mean people suck!
Old 12-13-2019, 12:15 PM

Had the exact same thing happen to me backing out of a parking space at Ocala Eye Doctor during the Summer. Cart coming around corner could not be seen. When he did see me backing out into the middle of the parking lot, he stopped abruptly and flipper the finger. I was stunned as I was already out into the lot when he appeared. Perhaps the same fellow?

Tags
husband, man, golf, cart, apologize

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.