Rude, Miserable People

Closed Thread
Old 02-03-2015, 02:28 PM
Default Rude, Miserable People

Why are so many people rude and miserable? Seriously, you're retired and living in a beautiful place. Why aren't you happy? Better yet, why are you so darn rude and miserable? When you're walking by my house commenting on my shrubs, lanai furniture or house color ..... I CAN HEAR YOU. I pay my mortgage, you don't. If you don't like the look of my yard or house, don't look at it. But keep your comments to yourself. I may surprise you one day and be rude right back to you!!!
Old 02-03-2015, 02:41 PM
Sage
Default Don't take it so personally

I think you may be taking these comments too personally. I'm sure you've walked by homes at some point and commented on colors, landscaping, etc. Everyone's tastes are different and it's different strokes for different folks. I walk a lot and often non shalantly say something I either like or dislike. I may say those shrubs are too big for that space, or the driveway looks great or I like or dislike the color of the house. It's human nature to comment of things like that. I wouldn't take it to heart....your home is decorated to your taste and all that matters is that you like it. People don't mean any harm. Sometimes it's just conversation. I've overheard people talking about my home on the golf course and some don't like the size of our putting green. It's ok with me as I built it for me and not for them. Everyone has an opinion... It's ok.
Old 02-03-2015, 02:44 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlm790 View Post
Why are so many people rude and miserable? Seriously, you're retired and living in a beautiful place. Why aren't you happy? Better yet, why are you so darn rude and miserable? When you're walking by my house commenting on my shrubs, lanai furniture or house color ..... I CAN HEAR YOU. I pay my mortgage, you don't. If you don't like the look of my yard or house, don't look at it. But keep your comments to yourself. I may surprise you one day and be rude right back to you!!!
just turn the hose on them....
Old 02-03-2015, 02:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Where do you live? Can you post a picture so we know what you're talking about?
Old 02-03-2015, 03:01 PM
Veteran member

Yes there are rude unhappy folks here. Several weeks ago while waiting for American Sniper to start, a woman in the row behind us must have almost tripped getting into her seat so she grabbed the back of the chair of the lady sitting next to me. When the lady turned around the rude woman said, "you'll live!"

I would have thought the comment would be, "oh I'm sorry" or "please excuse me".

I just want to know.....what happens to folks that they feel they have the right to be rude?

The good news is that there are so many fine, kind folks here in TV!
Old 02-03-2015, 03:19 PM
Veteran member

I seriously think some people just have aches and pains and that makes them angry.. I know when I am achy etc, I catch myself thinking some nasty ( maybe saying it would make me feel be better ?? ( insert laugh ).. but tell me you have never sat and people watched and made comments on their clothes, hair, etc?? Half the fun of sitting at an airport !!
Old 02-03-2015, 03:44 PM
Veteran member

Look it this way... their lives are realy really sad if the only thing they can talk about is what other people do that they don't like.

It reminds me of a quotation attributed to one of P.L. Travers' (Mary Poppins) grandchildren that she "died loving no one and with no one loving her."

Alternately, sit out there and loudly comment on their clothes, make up hair cuts, and the way they walk... and then laugh *loudly*
Old 02-03-2015, 03:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
I think you may be taking these comments too personally. ..... It's human nature to comment of things like that. I wouldn't take it to heart....your home is decorated to your taste and all that matters is that you like it.
VLM790, I'm sorry that you've been hurt by the comments of people as they walk past your home.
However Happinow is right, don't take it to heart. You love your home and that is the only thing that matters.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:02 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Separating Pearls

Quote:
vlm790: When people are critical of you or yours instead of getting offended as painful as it may be, you may first want to analyze what is being said and by whom. I have found this to be so useful for me in separating rude and miserable people from those sharing information that would help me grow and advance and better create

Personal Best Regards:
Old 02-03-2015, 04:08 PM
Platinum member
Talking

I'm dying to know about your shrubs, lanai furniture and house color.
Please post photos.

I have red roses, a porch, rockers , brick & tan.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 02-03-2015, 04:24 PM
Sage

That never happens to me now that I can hardly hear.
Count your blessings.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:41 PM
Veteran member

Where's Dr. Phil when you need him!
Old 02-03-2015, 05:48 PM
Veteran member

Q TIP ( Quit Taking It Personally)
Old 02-03-2015, 05:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango View Post
Q TIP ( Quit Taking It Personally)
I like it and it's something Dr. Phil might say.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
I'm dying to know about your shrubs, lanai furniture and house color.
Please post photos.

I have red roses, a porch, rockers , brick & tan.
I have sparse geraniums, overgrown firecracker bushes, and a container full of dirt that used to house a plant.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.