Rude, Miserable People

Closed Thread
Old 02-03-2015, 06:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I have sparse geraniums, overgrown firecracker bushes, and a container full of dirt that used to house a plant.
Forgive me for saying, but overgrown firecracker bushes sound awfully dangerous, especially in a drought.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Forgive me for saying, but overgrown firecracker bushes sound awfully dangerous, especially in a drought.
Good thing we don't smoke.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:28 PM

I just use this as a mantra when I hear someone ranting who was usually nice or the someone who complains about everything is yapping.. " oh well medications change"
Old 02-03-2015, 06:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

What goes around, comes around.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:26 PM
Veteran member

It is true; what goes around comes around; also known as the law of attraction, Karma, etc.

Rude, miserable people will attract more rude, miserable people to them. Stay far away as they will poison your spirit.

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Old 02-03-2015, 08:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
What goes around, comes around.
That's what my Uncle Eddie used to always say. Then again, he worked in an amusement park.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me". Buck Owens and Roy Clark - Hee Haw

I actually think I hear some people whistling this tune sometimes through their scowl.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Location: Manhattan, the Bronx, Eastern LI, Village of Woodbury

Those idiots are not representative of The Villages. They are sad, angry and most importantly highly insecure beings. They go through their days always trying to fill the big empty in their minds, and trying to attack others so that they can feel or hope to feel better than you and thus somehow more secure about themselves. Silly, isn't it. Sad, isn't it?

I was sitting in my car outside of Bealls on 441 at ten a.m. and two women with lots of makeup and jewelry walked by me and one said loudly and after looking at my car, "Oh, that reminds me, I have to get my car washed. It looks disgraceful." I couldn't help it - I laughed almost in her face.

These sad souls can and do hurt others feelings. But the time they spend in your head is up to you. They're little people. They don't pay rent to me. They cannot rent space in my mind. If they pass your house regularly, a little sign at the curbside "No Rude Comments Please" will send a fine message.

Best of luck, and remember, as has been said, your house is yours and is the best one in the Villages.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:39 AM
Sage
Default So true

Quote:
Originally Posted by onslowe View Post
Those idiots are not representative of The Villages. They are sad, angry and most importantly highly insecure beings. They go through their days always trying to fill the big empty in their minds, and trying to attack others so that they can feel or hope to feel better than you and thus somehow more secure about themselves. Silly, isn't it. Sad, isn't it?

I was sitting in my car outside of Bealls on 441 at ten a.m. and two women with lots of makeup and jewelry walked by me and one said loudly and after looking at my car, "Oh, that reminds me, I have to get my car washed. It looks disgraceful." I couldn't help it - I laughed almost in her face.

These sad souls can and do hurt others feelings. But the time they spend in your head is up to you. They're little people. They don't pay rent to me. They cannot rent space in my mind. If they pass your house regularly, a little sign at the curbside "No Rude Comments Please" will send a fine message.

Best of luck, and remember, as has been said, your house is yours and is the best one in the Villages.

So true. I would also chalk it up to insecure people who perhaps are "in pain" whether emotionally or physically & have a need to vent. Obviously, the original poster chose to live in a beautiful community with certain standards for attractiveness such as all modern developments abide by.

Up here, we have charming homes alongside more quaint homes alongside really dilapidated older homes........it varies from neighborhood to neighborhood........there's also the "city mouse" standards vs. the "country mouse" standards we have long ago learned to live with............it really works when people are just accepting of others' preferences.

Here is an interesting poem......

The Guest House

This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
As an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they're a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still treat each guest honorably.
He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
meet them at the door laughing,
and invite them in.

Be grateful for whoever comes,
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.

Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi :
Old 02-06-2015, 03:07 AM
Veteran member

So far we've found out that the commenters are unhappy, rude, miserable, insecure, mean, idiots whose lives are "really sad." Not to worry though... that Karma stuff is going to get 'em. Gonna get 'em good!!
So far nobody has come up with "Maybe the people walking by are renters."
If somebody had posted that there was a messy house with a messy lanai and driveway everyone would be worked up about some low-life messing up the neighborhood.
If a bunch of passersby have commented it's time to step back and take a look.

Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn
Old 02-06-2015, 07:33 AM

It's not just their words, I'm tired of people ramming me with their shopping carts and then saying something rude to me when I turn around and look at them (in shock that someone would actually hit someone!). Also, being rude with the way they drive ~ cutting people off, running stop signs, drifting over in the lane and when I've honked at them so they won't hit me, the guy rolled down his window and screamed at me. My goodness, if they are in pain (I'm also in pain!), if they are THAT miserable, they might consider staying in their homes and have a pity party.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlm790 View Post
Why are so many people rude and miserable? Seriously, you're retired and living in a beautiful place. Why aren't you happy? Better yet, why are you so darn rude and miserable? When you're walking by my house commenting on my shrubs, lanai furniture or house color ..... I CAN HEAR YOU. I pay my mortgage, you don't. If you don't like the look of my yard or house, don't look at it. But keep your comments to yourself. I may surprise you one day and be rude right back to you!!!
Shame on you for eavesdropping on people's private conversations...teehee
Old 02-06-2015, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanibel7 View Post
I just use this as a mantra when I hear someone ranting who was usually nice or the someone who complains about everything is yapping.. " oh well medications change"
You also must remember that some people who live by themselves do not realize they are talking out loud or do not realize they can talk in their "quiet voice".

Example of this : while waiting for church to begin; waiting for entertainment to begin at Savannah Center.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:07 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
I have sparse geraniums, overgrown firecracker bushes, and a container full of dirt that used to house a plant.
you are so lucky to have overgrown firecracker bushes! mine keep dying on me! If you want to split them, I'll be happy to help!

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 02-06-2015, 10:10 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
If you have overgrown firecracker bushes, I'll help you split them! mine keep dying on me, how I envy overgrown firecracker bushes! I can trade you overgrown candy corn bushes!

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.