Rude, Miserable People

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2015, 07:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
How about the ones who have to be the loudest ones in a country club dining room so loud other diners can't carry on a conversation or enjoy their meal. I'm talking really loud.Most of these people have been imbibing a little too much and or were already half deaf to begin with. Been there, seen that.
Ha! That reminds me that back the week after Thanksgiving I was in a restaurant and a phone rang about 15' away from me, loudest cell phone ring I've ever heard. That wasn't nothing compared to the speaker on the phone; everyone in that section heard the entire 10 minute conversation. I videotaped about a minute of it on my iPhone and sent it to my wife; she got a good laugh out of it.
Old 02-07-2015, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Jim View Post
And to further add to your point , I have been considering purchasing a decibel measurement device just to see exactly how loud such people are and what the noise they generate compares to such as a motorcycle , jet engine et al !
I've had similar thoughts. Maybe a good device for the restaurants would be a decibel meter that flashes red when it detects sounds above a preset level at at the table. Maybe a flashing red light would make some of these loons aware how loud they are. Not sure it would matter though, because it's obvious they could care less how irritating they are to the others and could care less if others think they are losers with no manners.

Most of the really loud patrons are not people with hearing problems, just people who have no consideration for others.
Old 02-07-2015, 08:51 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
I've had similar thoughts. Maybe a good device for the restaurants would be a decibel meter that flashes red when it detects sounds above a preset level at at the table. Maybe a flashing red light would make some of these loons aware how loud they are. Not sure it would matter though, because it's obvious they could care less how irritating they are to the others and could care less if others think they are losers with no manners.

Most of the really loud patrons are not people with hearing problems, just people who have no consideration for others.
You are right about that. Some don't have a clue.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:05 PM
Sage

If you look for rude and miserable people on the golf course, Aldi's, Winn Dixie, walking around; you will find them.
I'm still looking, maybe tomorrow.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:36 AM

A small annoyance, very true until someone is bleeding and/or bruised. I think it's not only rude but dangerous with some people running stop signs, changing lanes without looking, etc. I have only been here for 3 months but I finally figured it out ~ shop EARLY in the morning to avoid problems! And honestly it's not only the elderly, a 'young person' about hit me today on 441. I looked over and the person was obviously texting because her head was looking down at her lap. All in all, I love it here!
Old 02-08-2015, 02:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Jim View Post
And to further add to your point , I have been considering purchasing a decibel measurement device just to see exactly how loud such people are and what the noise they generate compares to such as a motorcycle , jet engine et al !
There's an app for that

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-18-2015, 10:34 AM
Sage

Here's a prayer for all of us as we age:

Lord, Thou knowest better than I know myself that I am growing older and will someday be old. Keep me from the fatal habit of thinking I must say something on every subject and on every occasion. Release me from craving to straighten out everybody's affairs. Make me thoughtful but not moody. Helpful, but not bossy with my vast store of wisdom--it seems a pity not to use it all, but Thou knowest, Lord, that I want a few friends at the end...

Keep my mind free from the recital of endless details; give me wings to get to the point swiftly. Seal my lips on my aches and pains. They are increasing, and love of rehearsing them is becoming sweeter as the years go by. I dare not ask for grace enough to enjoy the tales of others' pains, but help me to endure them with patience. I dare not ask for improved memory, but for a growing humility and a lessening cocksureness when my memory seems to clash with the memories of others. Teach me the glorious lesson that occasionally I may be mistaken.

Keep me reasonably sweet; I do not want to be a sour old person--some of them are so hard to live with and each one a crowning work of the devil. Give me the ability to see good things in unexpected places, and talents in unexpected people. And, give me, O Lord, the grace to tell them so. Amen.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post

Lord, Thou knowest better than I know myself that I am growing older and will someday be old. Keep me from the fatal habit of thinking I must say something on every subject and on every occasion. Release me from craving to straighten out everybody's affairs. Make me thoughtful but not moody. Helpful, but not bossy with my vast store of wisdom--it seems a pity not to use it all, but Thou knowest, Lord, that I want a few friends at the end...

Keep my mind free from the recital of endless details; give me wings to get to the point swiftly. Seal my lips on my aches and pains. They are increasing, and love of rehearsing them is becoming sweeter as the years go by. I dare not ask for grace enough to enjoy the tales of others' pains, but help me to endure them with patience. I dare not ask for improved memory, but for a growing humility and a lessening cocksureness when my memory seems to clash with the memories of others. Teach me the glorious lesson that occasionally I may be mistaken.

Keep me reasonably sweet; I do not want to be a sour old person--some of them are so hard to live with and each one a crowning work of the devil. Give me the ability to see good things in unexpected places, and talents in unexpected people. And, give me, O Lord, the grace to tell them so. Amen.
Thank you for the wisdom of these words. We are moving my mother here to TV and this will help her. Will also help me as I age.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaligirl View Post
A small annoyance, very true until someone is bleeding and/or bruised. I think it's not only rude but dangerous with some people running stop signs, changing lanes without looking, etc. I have only been here for 3 months but I finally figured it out ~ shop EARLY in the morning to avoid problems! And honestly it's not only the elderly, a 'young person' about hit me today on 441. I looked over and the person was obviously texting because her head was looking down at her lap. All in all, I love it here!
That happens everywhere. What I've started doing after nearly being hit several times, I'll pull up beside them, roll my window down and after getting their attention, hold my phone up and tell them to quit texting and driving; sometimes they quit, sometimes I'll get the middle finger salute.

Almost the first thing that most Police Departments do now in all accidents is try and determine if anyone was texting or talking on the phone.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I was over by Publix on Bichara yesterday during all the madness. A woman began to cross from the parking area to the sidewalk. A guy in a golf cart had stopped at the stop sign and proceeded to go. When he got about 20 yards from the woman he stopped. The woman look at him and began yelling, "You're supposed to stop at that stop sign". The guy just smiled and waved for her to continue crossing. She yells back, "Are you trying to kill me" The guy just smiles and waves again.

As she crosses in front of my cart she scowled at me and says, "Some people are just nasty, aren't they?" She was talking about the guy who did nothing wrong. He had stopped at the stop sign and then stopped well before the spot that she was crossing to let her cross.

I just shook my head. But I had to agree. some people are just nasty.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:39 PM
Platinum member

Aren't people funny? I guess all one can do is shake their head and hope that they don't become that bitter.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post

I am printing this and I am going to frame it and try to remember to read it before I log on to this forum. Particularly the highlighted part. Lord, please forgive me.

Thank you Dave.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am printing this and I am going to frame it and try to remember to read it before I log on to this forum. Particularly the highlighted part. Lord, please forgive me.

Thank you Dave.
You are most welcome. I wish I could always be true to it,but I will try harder.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:43 PM
Platinum member
Talking

rude and miserable?

In my three visits to TV, the last one three weeks ,I never met anyone that would fit into this group. But then I ooze sweetness, like sap from a Maple tree. To be near me just makes people glow with a goodness they never new thay had.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 03-18-2015, 04:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
rude and miserable?

In my three visits to TV, the last one three weeks ,I never met anyone that would fit into this group. But then I ooze sweetness, like sap from a Maple tree. To be near me just makes people glow with a goodness they never new thay had.
Yeah, well, I am bitter you didn't bring Lulu and Chloe to MY house to visit.

Yesterday, Ollie came to see us.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	000_5401.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	871.0 KB
ID:	49161  

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.