Rude, Miserable People

Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2015, 04:52 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Yeah, well, I am bitter you didn't bring Lulu and Chloe to MY house to visit.

Yesterday, Ollie came to see us.
Be careful what you wish for.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 03-18-2015, 09:46 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
My observation regarding the rudeness here in TV involves the wait staff and store clerks. Never in my life have I seen such behavior by adults toward those that are serving them. They absolutely feel that they are better than those taking care of them or they would never be so rude. I find myself being overly friendly because I feel so sorry for them having to put up with this. How miserable people must be in their daily life to feel the need to complain so much about everything.
I've seen this happen both here and when I worked in corporateworld. Business people giving service workers attitude. They are too dumb to figure out that their attitude is getting them less, not more.

I can not tell you how many times in corporateworld I got upgraded on planes and hotel rooms because I was friendly to the service workers.

Kindness always gets more than rudeness. That person behind the counter wants to help a kind, friendly person. They want to avoid a rude, mean person.

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Old 03-18-2015, 10:36 PM

I am with ya, Gracie. Sometimes I just need to LET IT GO!!!
Old 03-18-2015, 10:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
Here's a prayer for all of us as we age:

Lord, Thou knowest better than I know myself that I am growing older and will someday be old. Keep me from the fatal habit of thinking I must say something on every subject and on every occasion. Release me from craving to straighten out everybody's affairs. Make me thoughtful but not moody. Helpful, but not bossy with my vast store of wisdom--it seems a pity not to use it all, but Thou knowest, Lord, that I want a few friends at the end...

Keep my mind free from the recital of endless details; give me wings to get to the point swiftly. Seal my lips on my aches and pains. They are increasing, and love of rehearsing them is becoming sweeter as the years go by. I dare not ask for grace enough to enjoy the tales of others' pains, but help me to endure them with patience. I dare not ask for improved memory, but for a growing humility and a lessening cocksureness when my memory seems to clash with the memories of others. Teach me the glorious lesson that occasionally I may be mistaken.

Keep me reasonably sweet; I do not want to be a sour old person--some of them are so hard to live with and each one a crowning work of the devil. Give me the ability to see good things in unexpected places, and talents in unexpected people. And, give me, O Lord, the grace to tell them so. Amen.
Beautiful. We all need to read this every morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
rude and miserable?

In my three visits to TV, the last one three weeks ,I never met anyone that would fit into this group. But then I ooze sweetness, like sap from a Maple tree. To be near me just makes people glow with a goodness they never knew they had.
It's true that sweetness oozes when you're around, and people glow with goodness.
But I always thought the sweetness came from Lulu.
And your lovely wife is pretty special also.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:15 PM
Veteran member

There is a likely hood these folks have been that way all their life.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:13 AM
Sage

Rude, miserable people are vexations to one's soul. They don't have a clue they are that way and think other people think, as they do.

To the guy in the square when beautiful music was playing and was talking so loud, half of the square could hear him. Pluuuuuueeeeeaaaaaaassssseeeeeee, what you had to say didn't come out in tablet form and it ruined what should have been an enjoyable experience for those in the immediate area and beyond.

I have a hearing loss but some people talking, eeeerrrr, shouting at the person next to them. One could hear them form across a room.

Sometimes, it's a good thing to remind oneself of:

"forgive them father, for they do not know, what they do".

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 07-03-2015, 02:27 PM

I understand your frustration. My daughter just got her first job at Walmart in The Villages as a cashier. She's an excellent employee. She works hard and is always polite and respectful even when she is being called everything from STUPID to a PIECE OF GARBAGE by customers. Some of these older people think they can do and say anything they want. They sound childish and they should be ashamed of their behavior.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.