Rude shoppers at Colony

Closed Thread
Old 06-08-2018, 05:20 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Try visiting Publix in Spanish Springs...…………………..
That's our main store. I did learn not to go into any grocery stores here between 4:30 to 6:00 PM because that's when locals get out of work and most villagers feel they have to do a specific thing at a specific time, like eat dinner precisely 3:30 PM! If I go to a store it's early in the mornings and do beer runs at noon!
Old 06-08-2018, 05:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 View Post
If it is any condolence to you, there are rude people in Melbourne, FL too where we lived three times. It was partly for this reason we decided not to live in FL for good.
That does not seem logical at all to me. One woman was pushing her grocery cart fast and almost hit someone and did not apologize.

But LOTS of other folks in Florida are kind and thoughtful and loving and have good manners. And careful with their carts. Sometimes I do block the aisle when I try to remember WHAT spice or soup I am out of...…..

Last edited by graciegirl; 06-08-2018 at 06:45 PM.
Old 06-08-2018, 05:57 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
That's our main store. I did learn not to go into any grocery stores here between 4:30 to 6:00 PM because that's when locals get out of work and most villagers feel they have to do a specific thing at a specific time, like eat dinner precisely 3:30 PM! If I go to a store it's early in the mornings and do beer runs at noon!
Here in the Minneapolis area the worst drivers are young mothers hurrying to pick up their kids at day care centers before 6:00 or they get charged double time. So we avoid going out between 5:30 and 6:30.
Old 06-08-2018, 06:07 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
That does not seem logical at all to me. One woman was pushing her grocery cart fast and almost hit someone and did not apologize, thus all people who …...you get where I'm going.

I think you can't get blood out of some turnips. But LOTS of other folks in Florida are kind and thoughtful and loving and have good manners.
Oh I know there are nice people in FL. However it is difficult to know where they are; you have to live there first. We were lucky the first time and very unlucky the next and last two times.

It is OK to be positive but not when we step over the line into denial.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:08 PM
Send a message via ICQ to SoccerCoach

Oh well ! My favorite is the two women one isle apart on the phone with each other. You have to laugh about it. Ladies if one of you is reading this slow down and let your friend catch up....saving your minutes.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

The FedEx guy always smiles when he drops off my grocery order. I don’t waste my time in a grocery when it comes to my front door.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:14 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

There are rude people everywhere, you cannot get away from them, that is how they were raised and that is how they will stay. It doesn't matter where you live, they are everywhere.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:47 AM
Veteran member

I'll give another plug for Walmart grocery pickup; ordering is easy and free with a $30 minimum order. I haven't been inside a grocery store in weeks. A great opportunity to avoid crowds and the occasional speedy cart pusher!
Old 06-09-2018, 01:06 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovey2 View Post
I am a "people" that shops at Colony. I would not run you over, even if I could. And, I am not rude...usually. Since we can't hear the tone of your voice, and you were upset with HER, we must assume you said that very sweetly with a smile on your face, in no way chastising her. THEN, she would have been rude in her response. Maybe had you not spoken, even sweetly as we assume, she would have apologized. Just sayin'....not rudely, at all.
I said it nicely in a friendly tone. Who even says “ oh my goodness”, usually it would be #@##.

I shop at quite a few stores and none seem to be as bad as Colony and I’m not sure why.
Old 06-09-2018, 06:58 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfla06 View Post
I said it nicely in a friendly tone. Who even says “ oh my goodness”, usually it would be #@##.

I shop at quite a few stores and none seem to be as bad as Colony and I’m not sure why.
well...since it's your story, I believe you. Sorry she was rude, but to indicate all Colony shoppers are rude is ...well, rude. I don't find that to be true at all, and I also shop in quite a few stores. Oh, well...again...sorry you had an encounter bad enough to want to write about it.
Old 06-09-2018, 07:06 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfla06 View Post
I frequent a lot of the Publix stores here.

I was just at Colony and some woman came running with her cart at the end of the aisle and almost
clobbered me with the cart. She had her grand daughter in the cart.

We both stopped and I said “oh my goodness slow down.”
She then proceeds to tell me I’m cranky.
Better to get "clobbered" INSIDE the store rather than in the PARKING LOT. IMO THE most dangerous places to drive anywhere - including The Villages.

When walking in parking lots or backing out of a space, my brain is in this mode>
Old 06-09-2018, 07:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovey2 View Post
well...since it's your story, I believe you. Sorry she was rude, but to indicate all Colony shoppers are rude is ...well, rude. I don't find that to be true at all, and I also shop in quite a few stores. Oh, well...again...sorry you had an encounter bad enough to want to write about it.
We ran in for peaches on the way home yesterday and the parking lot was crowded, hard to find a place. We discussed that that location is Publix most successful store. We also discussed that there have been many more grocery locations south of 466A added recently; Walmart, two more Publix and Aldi's and Winn-Dixie.

It is indeed crowded and sought after. I have never witnessed an adult running with a cart. Have had rude people push ahead or by and not say excuse me here in The Villages. Can't remember that happening to me in Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky or West Virginia.

If it happens again OP, call me and I will beat her up.
Old 06-09-2018, 07:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango View Post
There are rude people in The Villages? Shocked

Old 06-09-2018, 07:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
me too
does this mean i'm now part of the movement?
If you're against sexually harassing grocery carts...yes.
Old 06-09-2018, 07:30 AM
Veteran member

Can't wait for snowbirds to return
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, colony, apology, i’m, down.”

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.