Rudest bunch of residents at Sarasota Demo Day

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2018, 10:30 AM
Default Rudest bunch of residents at Sarasota Demo Day

Today I was embarrassed to say I live in The Villages. Attending one of many demo days I saw more of our own pushing to the front of the line with the standard, "I just have a question" While my friend, so does everyone else that was here ahead of you. It didn't seem to matter whether people booked appointments or not. Along came John with his clubs and an attitude that appeared to scream "I'm more important than you." You should be ashamed. And the people that were working for Sarasota just seemed to take it in stride, not wanting to upset a potential club buyer. Overheard someone say they must be here for a free lunch or something.

Last edited by MrGolf; 05-11-2018 at 06:08 PM.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:59 AM
Veteran member

welcome to the land of the self entitled.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles42 View Post
welcome to the land of the self entitled.
yep
Old 05-11-2018, 12:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGolf View Post
today I was embarrassed to say I live in The Villages. Attending on of many demo days I saw more of our own pushing to the front of the line with the standard, "I just have a question" While my friend, so does everyone else that was here ahead of you. It didn't seem to matter whether people booked appointments or not. Along came John with his clubs and an attitude that appeared to scream "I'm more important than you." You should be ashamed. And the people that were working for Sarasota just seemed to take it in stride, not wanting to upset a potential club buyer. Overheard someone say they must be hear for a free lunch or something.
Therein lies the problem. As long as these types of people are allowed to win with this behavior, they will continue.

If the stores won't do anything about it, perhaps it would help if the people in line spoke up forcefully, using that familiar Lower East Side NYC phrase, "MY next!"
Old 05-11-2018, 12:28 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
today I was embarrassed to say I live in The Villages. Attending on of many demo days I saw more of our own pushing to the front of the line with the standard, "I just have a question" While my friend, so does everyone else that was here ahead of you. It didn't seem to matter whether people booked appointments or not. Along came John with his clubs and an attitude that appeared to scream "I'm more important than you." You should be ashamed. And the people that were working for Sarasota just seemed to take it in stride, not wanting to upset a potential club buyer. Overheard someone say they must be hear for a free lunch or something.
Yep. Land of the entitled. I attended one at Palmer some time back, witnessing the same behavior. If they weren't cutting in lines they were hitting multiple buckets of balls. Never went back.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:39 PM

Good. For a minute there I thought it was me. Mrs Golf asked me what I did wrong to cause all of the commotion. I replied, I made an appointment.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,298 Times in 819 Posts

///

Last edited by rustyp; 05-18-2018 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:47 PM
Platinum member

I just don’t understand all this entitled behavior here
In T.V.

Whatever happened to manners?
Old 05-11-2018, 12:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,027 Times in 2,726 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
And hardly a snowbird in sight.
Old 05-11-2018, 03:01 PM
Veteran member
Default Ruddest

Attend a Civil Discourse meeting some time in the high season, when seating is limited and a long line builds with people waiting for the doors to open. Without fail, some late arriving "civil" person will look at the end of the long line, then strike up a conversation with somebody near the front and enter with them. This isn't about "saving-a-space-for-my-friend-who-had to-get-out-line-to-go-to-the potty." This is claim jumping. It happens at the movies, too.

Well, it takes all kinds to make a community. But, maybe when the grim reaper lines up his next group of souls, the rude people will be at the front.
Old 05-11-2018, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Today I was embarrassed to say I live in The Villages. Attending one of many demo days I saw more of our own pushing to the front of the line with the standard, "I just have a question" While my friend, so does everyone else that was here ahead of you. It didn't seem to matter whether people booked appointments or not. Along came John with his clubs and an attitude that appeared to scream "I'm more important than you." You should be ashamed. And the people that were working for Sarasota just seemed to take it in stride, not wanting to upset a potential club buyer. Overheard someone say they must be hear for a free lunch or something.
Was there at 11:45, more employee's than customers. Empty hitting area's for both Taylor Made and Callaway. Must be a early bird thing.
Old 05-11-2018, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aframe View Post
Was there at 11:45, more employee's than customers. Empty hitting area's for both Taylor Made and Callaway. Must be a early bird thing.
Don’t know. I was there at 9:30 waiting patiently for a 10:00 am appointment. People coming out of the woodwork like they were giving away more than free balls to hit.
Old 05-11-2018, 06:36 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,314 Times in 383 Posts

Ask anyome that works on the courses here and the most entitled villagers are hard core golfers.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Yep
Double...YEP!
Old 05-11-2018, 07:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Today I was embarrassed to say I live in The Villages. Attending one of many demo days I saw more of our own pushing to the front of the line with the standard, "I just have a question" While my friend, so does everyone else that was here ahead of you. It didn't seem to matter whether people booked appointments or not. Along came John with his clubs and an attitude that appeared to scream "I'm more important than you." You should be ashamed. And the people that were working for Sarasota just seemed to take it in stride, not wanting to upset a potential club buyer. Overheard someone say they must be here for a free lunch or something.
I don't condone the privileged/entitled, which it seems like this person was, bullying people, so next time something like this happens, pull your big boy pants up, grow some stones and tell him to STFU and move to the back of the line.

Do not rely on people that work at a business, as the guys at Sarasota do (probably for minimum wage), to fight your battles; it is their job to take care of potential customers, not stroke someone's ego or soothe hurt feelings.

Also, I go to many of the demo days and I've never seen free lunches served; lines would be backed up Moyer Circle going both ways.

Tags
demo, sarasota, people, important, appeared

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.