Rudest bunch of residents at Sarasota Demo Day

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2018, 08:20 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

Eh!? The whole world is like this...not just our very small portion of the planet. Let it go....
Old 05-11-2018, 09:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
Attend a Civil Discourse meeting some time in the high season, when seating is limited and a long line builds with people waiting for the doors to open. Without fail, some late arriving "civil" person will look at the end of the long line, then strike up a conversation with somebody near the front and enter with them. This isn't about "saving-a-space-for-my-friend-who-had to-get-out-line-to-go-to-the potty." This is claim jumping. It happens at the movies, too.
That is a classic "Chat and Cut".

Curb Your Enthusiasm - Chat and Cut - YouTube

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2018, 09:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
That is a classic "Chat and Cut".

Curb Your Enthusiasm - Chat and Cut - YouTube

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
great call
`
Old 05-11-2018, 09:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
I don't condone the privileged/entitled, which it seems like this person was, bullying people, so next time something like this happens, pull your big boy pants up, grow some stones and tell him to STFU and move to the back of the line.

Do not rely on people that work at a business, as the guys at Sarasota do (probably for minimum wage), to fight your battles; it is their job to take care of potential customers, not stroke someone's ego or soothe hurt feelings.

Also, I go to many of the demo days and I've never seen free lunches served; lines would be backed up Moyer Circle going both ways.
A few more people like you, this would be a better place to live.

where did some of you people grow up? How can you let some clown get in front of you --- say something or shut up..We called you'all Wimps
Old 05-11-2018, 10:26 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
Attend a Civil Discourse meeting some time in the high season, when seating is limited and a long line builds with people waiting for the doors to open. Without fail, some late arriving "civil" person will look at the end of the long line, then strike up a conversation with somebody near the front and enter with them. This isn't about "saving-a-space-for-my-friend-who-had to-get-out-line-to-go-to-the potty." This is claim jumping. It happens at the movies, too.

Well, it takes all kinds to make a community. But, maybe when the grim reaper lines up his next group of souls, the rude people will be at the front.
Love the irony
Old 05-11-2018, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
I don't condone the privileged/entitled, which it seems like this person was, bullying people, so next time something like this happens, pull your big boy pants up, grow some stones and tell him to STFU and move to the back of the line.

Do not rely on people that work at a business, as the guys at Sarasota do (probably for minimum wage), to fight your battles; it is their job to take care of potential customers, not stroke someone's ego or soothe hurt feelings.

Also, I go to many of the demo days and I've never seen free lunches served; lines would be backed up Moyer Circle going both ways.
If they were privileged then they wouldn't need the demo. Who would want used clubs if priledged, I didn't (well, except for my driver, they were 1/2 off)
Old 05-12-2018, 05:48 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
And hardly a snowbird in sight.
Everything is the snowbirds fault. Right?
Old 05-12-2018, 06:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Everything is the snowbirds fault. Right?
///

Last edited by rustyp; 05-18-2018 at 08:59 PM.
Old 05-12-2018, 06:47 AM
Location: Village of Hillsborough. (Past) Gilbertsvile, PA and Philadelphia, PA

Similar situation of an entitled person. My husband and I were seated in outside area of restaurant. We just received our food. A woman came up and said. I am going to leave a drink on your table so I can have your table when you leave. I explained to her that we would bee there for a while as we were staying to enjoy the DJ. She continued to stand and stare at us while we ate. I again told her the table would not be available for quite a while and that we would like to enjoy our meal without her staring at us. She proceeded to take one of the chairs and pushed some men out of the way so she could sit down. After all that she just got up and left giving us a dirty look!
Old 05-12-2018, 07:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles42 View Post
welcome to the land of the self entitled.

Well said

Shame they also play golf in the same manner
Old 05-12-2018, 07:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobh521 View Post
Similar situation of an entitled person. My husband and I were seated in outside area of restaurant. We just received our food. A woman came up and said. I am going to leave a drink on your table so I can have your table when you leave. I explained to her that we would bee there for a while as we were staying to enjoy the DJ. She continued to stand and stare at us while we ate. I again told her the table would not be available for quite a while and that we would like to enjoy our meal without her staring at us. She proceeded to take one of the chairs and pushed some men out of the way so she could sit down. After all that she just got up and left giving us a dirty look!
That goes way beyond just being rude in my opinion...that walks the edge of being sociopathic.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:07 AM
Veteran member

Are we talking about that great generation that was raised with so much integrity? I'm confused!
Old 05-12-2018, 08:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Angry Not New Yorker

I think the person being pushed around is obviously not from New York and specifically Manhattan!! A real NY"er would give the pusher a "get the hell out of here". These bullies rely on people being polite or afraid. I know of very few real NY'ers who would back off and be afraid. A real NYer would have this guy or the pushy woman trying to hustle a table out of being a problem in a minute.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I think the person being pushed around is obviously not from New York and specifically Manhattan!! A real NY"er would give the pusher a "get the hell out of here". These bullies rely on people being polite or afraid. I know of very few real NY'ers who would back off and be afraid. A real NYer would have this guy or the pushy woman trying to hustle a table out of being a problem in a minute.
Yep!
Old 05-12-2018, 08:28 AM

Polite yes. That is how I was raised. Afraid, not a chance. I spoke with one of the entitled but did not see it as my place to direct everyone. IMHO that is the responsibility of the organizer. In this case Sarasota employees. Last I checked, we are responsible for how much or how little they are being paid. If it’s not enough, don’t take the job. The only point I was trying to make was that some of the people that live in The Villages need to take a look in the mirror and realize they are no better than anyone else. Done
Closed Thread

Tags
demo, sarasota, people, important, appeared

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.