How do we get new members and guests to post?

Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2008, 03:41 PM
Founder
Default How do we get new members and guests to post?

There are about 200 members who post regularly and about 3,300 who visit but do not post. The posts from our regulars are great and it would be fun if more people joined the conversations. I hope they are not fearful that they don't belong or that they won't "fit in."

Talk of The Villages is for everybody and I think I can speak for our regular posters, that the more people who join the conversation by posting, the more friends you will make. It is safe to say that some real strong friendships have developed as a result of posting here on TOTV.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:09 PM
Default Re: How do we get new members and guests to post?

I would find it more helpful if we got information re the villages and/or things to do around the area...I am not much for chatter though so maybe I have the wrong idea. I'm sure there is a wealth of first hand experience out there that people would benefit from.Thanks.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:13 PM
Gold member

Talk Host.
I could not agree more. I would join you in urging people to join the "conversation". There is definately a case for "the more the merrier"
So, if you are reading and watching this forum, please join us, ask questions and meet some interesting, fun loving and intelligent people willing to share information and make new friends.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:13 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host
There are about 200 members who post regularly and about 3,300 who visit but do not post. The posts from our regulars are great and it would be fun if more people joined the conversations. I hope they are not fearful that they don't belong or that they won't "fit in."

Talk of The Villages is for everybody and I think I can speak for our regular posters, that the more people who join the conversation by posting, the more friends you will make. It is safe to say that some real strong friendships have developed as a result of posting here on TOTV.
I sure would like to see more people posting.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:23 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

I would hope that the TOTV guests know we would like to hear from them, as well as meet them..Pull up a seat and enjoy a cup of coffee The Villages Floridaand meet some great people..

This is an informative, friendly, fun place to be..Step up peeps and post away, we are happy to welcome all newbies..The Villages Florida

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 01-20-2008, 05:30 PM
JohnnyM

Hi Fran, I guess a good way to start getting familiar with this terrific group of TOTV'ers is to simply ask a question. If you need to know some info about TV just ask. Believe me you will get answers and make many friends along the way. Welcome, JohnnyM
Old 01-20-2008, 05:47 PM
JohnnyM

Hey Frannie I forgot to post this!
The Villages Florida
Old 01-20-2008, 07:37 PM

Just want you all to know that I think this is the best thing going!!!! I will be coming to the Villages for 2 months for the first time and in the past 3 weeks I have gathered so much helpful info......about the best vet, the dog sitters, the recommended restaurants, things to do, etc, etc, etc. You folks are a wealth of helpful info!! Ask and you will get an answer, or 3 or 4!

I can't even remember how I found this while prowling around the internet but I am so glad I did. Thanks for all your help. Can't wait to arrive! I will continue to interact with you and encourage others to do so.

MAC
Old 01-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Administrator

FrannieB wants info of things to do.

With more than 3,700 members out there doing stuff, we should find something for FrannieB.

Why not post a sentence of where you went, what you did that others may find interesting?

Old 01-21-2008, 08:10 PM

We just joined after reading all the topics on this board. We are long time residents too. First I've heard of TOTV.

mm
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.