Rules Don't Apply To Me???

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2017, 05:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
............. We trim some bushes and cut a few dead fronds and now instead of being removed on Wednesday will sit there until Crowder shows up.
:
I was under the impression Crowder-Gulf is no longer doing clean up in The Villages. I'm confused by this statement but.....it doesn't take much to confuse me. LOL.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:06 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Which lawn maintenance company moved all the neighbor's yard debris in front of your house? Why would they do such a thing? Is this a lawn crew hired by an individual home owner?
Yes it is, & I know what the Deal is with my neighbor want'in His Debris moved into my side of the road. That's all I'm say'in for now............
Old 09-26-2017, 07:10 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You are a lot smarter than I thought you were and up until now I had you up with there with Einstein.

I assumed someone would spank me.

Old 09-26-2017, 07:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

I went to a meeting today at Seabreeze and on the right side of the parking lot I saw about 60 lawn bags full of debris and a lot of limbs and fronds piled on top of the bags.

It seems like it would be too simple to let people that can, to be able to take their lawn and tree debris (and probably the debris of their neighbors that can't) to a single drop-off point in THEIR village where the company (whomever takes the place of Crowder Gulf) can expedite the removal of this stuff. It would get it off the streets, driveways and lawns and it just might take a little tension off people.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post

I assumed someone would spank me.

You were hoping!
Old 09-26-2017, 09:53 PM
Veteran member

In the letters to the editor of the online paper they explain where Sumter residences can dump landscape debris for free at an area intended for Irma cleanup. If you can get it in a truck it's just a little farther drive.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:58 AM

Oohhmmm. Ooohhmmmm. Recommended watching would be Gumpy Old Men. I wonder if a diagnosis of cancer would upset some of you as much as yard debris. Ggggeeeeezzzzz
Old 09-27-2017, 05:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsw14 View Post
Yes it is, & I know what the Deal is with my neighbor want'in His Debris moved into my side of the road. That's all I'm say'in for now............
Oh.....Sorry for you for having such a rude neighbor. I get it that there is more to the story but I would be an unhappy camper with that situation.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
I went to a meeting today at Seabreeze and on the right side of the parking lot I saw about 60 lawn bags full of debris and a lot of limbs and fronds piled on top of the bags.

It seems like it would be too simple to let people that can, to be able to take their lawn and tree debris (and probably the debris of their neighbors that can't) to a single drop-off point in THEIR village where the company (whomever takes the place of Crowder Gulf) can expedite the removal of this stuff. It would get it off the streets, driveways and lawns and it just might take a little tension off people.
The CDD advisories seem to feel it would not be safe for the residents to drop off their yard debris in a central location. I agree with you that it would make the job so much easier for the haulers to be able to pick up much of the debris in a central location but I'm no expert in this so there is that.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
In the letters to the editor of the online paper they explain where Sumter residences can dump landscape debris for free at an area intended for Irma cleanup. If you can get it in a truck it's just a little farther drive.
The letter says that no bags of any kind are accepted. All my debris is in bags and we don't have a truck. I guess we will just wait it out with 11 bags on our driveway. That is not all debris from Irma either. I have since done yard work on our property and have added to the storm debris.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:52 AM

Quote:
The letter says that no bags of any kind are accepted. All my debris is in bags and we don't have a truck. I guess we will just wait it out with 11 bags on our driveway. That is not all debris from Irma either. I have since done yard work on our property and have added to the storm debris.
Leave it on concrete. Bags or loose debris on the grass will kill it.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:42 AM
Veteran member

The first letter said they were able to empty their bags into the pit. The second said they were able to leave the bags after assuring the county workers that there was nothing other than garden debris in the bags. I believe they intend to burn debris that is left there and bury it, just like what will happen with the bags picked up by FEMA, so they don't want anything in there that will taint the ground waters.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:45 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Which lawn maintenance company moved all the neighbor's yard debris in front of your house? Why would they do such a thing? Is this a lawn crew hired by an individual home owner?
Must have been one of the drive by people. My landscaper came and took it away.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:56 AM
Gold member

Reading this thread I have to believe this group would not fair well in Puerto Rico. But to the OP's original question the Villages is like any other city it's size, many of it's rules or laws are for someone else, it just a matter of magnitude. Take one of the TOTV favorites, golf cart speed. To some it is a rule that is part of living in a golf cart community and their carts go 20 mph. To some a couple mph over is ok. To others 25 mph is ok, and to some 30mph is ok. Everyone has there own belief and application of rules or laws. I think it is in our DNA.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:46 AM

If you need a response from the villages put a bunch of white crosses in your debris pile and the trolls will have the villages there in no time flat.
Closed Thread

Tags
tossed, back, debris, cart, pick

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.