RV Parking to pack and unpack

RV Parking to pack and unpack

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
RV Parking to pack and unpack
  #1  
Old 03-12-2019, 01:10 PM
Dionysos's Avatar
Dionysos Dionysos is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Key Largo, Ozarks and TV soon
Posts: 14
Default RV Parking to pack and unpack

Looking for some help regarding parking a Motor-coach (42') for a few hours next to our new CRV. I did see in the Deed restrictions for Poinciana stating you could as long as it fits in the driveway and not having it occupied (our's will not). We have a corner lot where it could fit along side wall and not obstruct ingress or egress but don't want to assume its cool and upset any new neighbors right from the start. I'm guessing a few people have gone through this and hoping to get a better understanding of what is allowable and not.

Thanks in advance...

  #2  
Old 03-12-2019, 01:49 PM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 13,105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysos View Post
Looking for some help regarding parking a Motor-coach (42') for a few hours next to our new CRV. I did see in the Deed restrictions for Poinciana stating you could as long as it fits in the driveway and not having it occupied (our's will not). We have a corner lot where it could fit along side wall and not obstruct ingress or egress but don't want to assume its cool and upset any new neighbors right from the start. I'm guessing a few people have gone through this and hoping to get a better understanding of what is allowable and not.

Thanks in advance...
Ask your neighbors. You are needing 3 hours not 3 days, they may even help.
__________________
The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell.
“Only truth and transparency can guarantee freedom”, John McCain
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 03-12-2019, 02:06 PM
vintageogauge vintageogauge is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Posts: 1,257
Default

Can't have it plugged into electricity either.
  #4  
Old 03-12-2019, 02:43 PM
BobnBev's Avatar
BobnBev BobnBev is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sanibel
Posts: 1,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Can't have it plugged into electricity either.
Oh yes you can, to power the refrigerator and freezer.

As far as parking it in the driveway, get as much of it in, and the overhang protected by traffic cones. You should have no problems.
__________________
Patriot Guard Riders--"Standing for Those Who Have Stood for US"!

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
  #5  
Old 03-12-2019, 03:26 PM
vintageogauge vintageogauge is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Posts: 1,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Oh yes you can, to power the refrigerator and freezer.

As far as parking it in the driveway, get as much of it in, and the overhang protected by traffic cones. You should have no problems.
Our restrictions state "No Hookups"
  #6  
Old 03-12-2019, 06:31 PM
Dionysos's Avatar
Dionysos Dionysos is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Key Largo, Ozarks and TV soon
Posts: 14
Default

The rig is 42' so I really can't park in drive way and hang out over the street. My side yard is 60' along the wall and only 2 homes on the opposite side that might not be happy about it but they will still be able to get in and out. I guess as long as they are not having their monthly block party back there I think it might be good. We don't need to run anything because its got solar and large battery banks that can keep everything running while unpacking. Next thing to figure out is how to get around the round a bouts and gate lol. Thanks for all the input!
  #7  
Old 03-12-2019, 06:49 PM
JerryP JerryP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysos View Post
The rig is 42' so I really can't park in drive way and hang out over the street. My side yard is 60' along the wall and only 2 homes on the opposite side that might not be happy about it but they will still be able to get in and out. I guess as long as they are not having their monthly block party back there I think it might be good. We don't need to run anything because its got solar and large battery banks that can keep everything running while unpacking. Next thing to figure out is how to get around the round a bouts and gate lol. Thanks for all the input!
I think you asked and answered, “2 homes on the opposite side that might not be happy”
  #8  
Old 03-12-2019, 07:18 PM
Dionysos's Avatar
Dionysos Dionysos is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Key Largo, Ozarks and TV soon
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryP View Post
I think you asked and answered, “2 homes on the opposite side that might not be happy”
I guess I should have put more emphasis on MIGHT. If its allowed I would prefer to do it seeing its only for a few hours during the day. I have seen longer Landscape trucks and trailers blocking streets and driveways. At a minimum we will introduce ourselves to the couple folks across the way and let them know our intentions and hopefully make new friends along the way. I they don't like it We will unload really fast,lol
  #9  
Old 03-12-2019, 07:41 PM
Mortal1 Mortal1 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 94
Default

You can not park it in your yard.
  #10  
Old 03-12-2019, 08:14 PM
Dionysos's Avatar
Dionysos Dionysos is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Key Largo, Ozarks and TV soon
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
You can not park it in your yard.
It would not be in my yard. It’s rear corner lot with a dead end street along my sidewall.
Closed Thread

Tags
parking, upset, cool, advance, wall

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 AM.