It’s a mad house

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2021, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobob View Post
I don’t understand the (smugness,spite,eliteness,envy,hatred)shown by those “down there” we are all here to enjoy a fantastic place to spend our lives. Some look down their nose at the historic side , degrade the real villages as if the below 44 is paradise. The facts are if you are happy where you live and your life , screw the narrow minded elitist who .think they are some how superior because of where they live. Nobody cares if your home is a palace or not it’s only important in your mind ,I live in a very nice CV and do not envy the ones in their 1 million plus homes.
The mere fact that your talking about the elitist shows your true colors. I honestly can say that my friend circle spans the spectrum and nobody really cares about what the other guy has or doesn’t have. We only care how we did at golf.
Old 02-27-2021, 08:16 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,303 Times in 561 Posts

April 4th is coming ..., Hang in there , The migration starts and all will be better!
Old 02-27-2021, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettingby View Post
Obviously you’re out of touch with what’s going on “down there”. As a matter of fact “down there” will be in the middle of it all before long. After that “up there” will be yesterday’s news.
That will be just fine with me. Can't beat my location and hope ya'll will go down there. Enjoy!
Old 02-27-2021, 08:21 AM

You should have gone to Spanish Springs where they have good ice cream.
Old 02-27-2021, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
We stopped in To get a sandwich, crowd not much different then any other event. Did need more food trucks. More vendors than on Saturday farmers market. Did pick up some berries, and bread. Parking lots were busy, but everyone seem to take it in stride. Be prepared (it always announced) there will be a St Pats, and a blueberry festival coming to a square near you.

Didn’t die while working 60 hour weeks for 5 months in a Covid section, where didn’t have to guess that everyone was positive. So no fear going to the strawberry festival.
To the worker who didn't die... Did you wear PPE when working? Are you Covid-19 negative? Vaccinated? Or running around Town Square maskless? Agree life must go on and we also might want to be responsible in actions. Be grateful you didn't die. Do you know for sure you didn't contribute to the death or illness of someone else?
Old 02-27-2021, 08:34 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,139 Times in 882 Posts

I use to love a good crowd. Going to concerts used to be my 'sugar'. It's certainly not something I enjoy anymore for health reasons, but glad it's available to those of us who still revel in being among masses. Easy enough to avoid for me, and go to the square the next day.
Old 02-27-2021, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettingby View Post
Obviously you’re out of touch with what’s going on “down there”. As a matter of fact “down there” will be in the middle of it all before long. After that “up there” will be yesterday’s news.
soon enough, we'll all be yesterdays news.
I'd prefer to be today's news and in the middle now.
To each their own
Old 02-27-2021, 08:46 AM

Really !😮
Old 02-27-2021, 09:04 AM
Veteran member

Life is good, enjoy it.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
Why would you expect anything different? The overbuilding south of the turnpike, and the people south of 44 only have Brownwood square, 1 grill and food trucks. Y'all have fun down there. It's only going to get worse.
Worse as in how the north is? You do know that it is permissible for us islanders to travel north to the mainland to get to Sumter Landing and Spanish Springs? My Villages passport is valid in the north as well as the south. Why do people not like the south? Did we do something to offend you?
Old 02-27-2021, 09:08 AM

Travel is very limited. The Villages is a great place to be. As soon as cruising and touring open the events here will be less crowded.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:14 AM

TV is a great place to live but fall short in so many ways. Brownwood is so much SMALLER than the other town centers and who puts bleacher seating in for the elderly and retirees. Bar stools in their restaurants should all SWIVEL. They pack the stools in so tight you can't get in and out of them. I think the biggest problem is TV has a budget that doesn't allow common sense some times. They need to increase their budgets and cut their profit margin a bit. Now that they are no longer running the eating establishments the owners are responsible for the furniture but it still goes through TV decorators in most cases. Just not enough space at Brownwood for any outdoor events but its still the "happy place".
Old 02-27-2021, 09:29 AM
Default Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
See someone actually reads all the posts. There are lots of people couldn’t or wouldn’t change their lives, since March of 2020. The you are gonna die, if you go somewhere, just makes me smile. If every essential worker felt that way, life would have been very difficult.
That’s so accurate.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:30 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I remember as early as 2013 going to Florida Lottery Night at Brownwood and seeing the doo whop band "The Flamingos" who was favorite one and there was 7,000 people. That' right 2013. Here's a one minute video I shot from the grandstand on March 9, 2013. There was no dance floor, it was a solid crowd to the grandstands and all around to the street.

Flamingos Live at the Villages, Florida the Paddock Square 3/9/2013 - YouTube

I remember going in at noon to Brownwood in 2014 to Colonial Days, I don't even know what it was. I actually drove through every parking lot and could not find a parking space, this was 7 years ago, and the only restaurant open was City Fire. So having a big crowd in 2021 I'm not surprised.

The Villages Florida
The Flamingo's - one of my favorites! Still love doo wop music.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:32 AM
Veteran member

omg ..."the sky is falling"
Closed Thread

Tags
place, traffic, brownwood, grow, found

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.