It’s weird being the same age as old people.

Closed Thread
Old 02-02-2023, 07:01 AM

I usually never trust other drivers. I was always taught years ago to drive defensively. And always know your surroundings, and way to escape a problem if there is a problem. Half of these people are lost and the other half don’t know how or don’t care. And don’t even get next to anybody in a turnabout. They go left from the right lane and they go right from the left lane. There’s no rhyme or reason why people do things. Just stay safe and protect yourself.
Old 02-02-2023, 07:05 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,301 Times in 559 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Me too. Just got back from Sam's club. Driving down Anna Maria north a nice person in a blue Vibe at 9:35 ran the stop sign at Bokeelia Villas to pull out right in front of me then proceeded at 22 mph. Thanks for that, I really appreciated it. Then, entering the Pinellas/Morse RB, planning to go straight through to Moyer I was in the OUTSIDE lane, when some idiot pulled up alongside me in the left exit to INSIDE lane and proceeded to make the jack@$$ move of taking the first exit. I think your car was brown, but I was too busy avoiding the accident that YOU would have caused. If that was you, you will know it was me by the fact that I was leaning on my horn---not for safety, but to let you know you are a jack@$$. If that was unclear, I followed it up by saluting you. Then at a light waiting to make a right on 466A, there was no one coming, but the next jerk, the only car in front of me, refused to turn on red, so we sat there 3 minutes for absolutely nothing(No, visibility was not an issue at all). All that in the first 3 1/2 miles of the trip.

So yes, I agree, I hope I never drive like that either.
Why do Old People “ buy in bulk” ?
Old 02-02-2023, 07:05 AM

Totally agree with the driving but on a different note.....I was racing my mountain bike on Sunday and saw a group of people ahead. They looked older. I thought....."I've gotta catch those geezers, they might be in my age class!"

Joe
Old 02-02-2023, 07:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm popeye! View Post
ok, you might not drive like them at this moment but you sure look like them...
ouch !
Old 02-02-2023, 07:56 AM

Sadly you all just think you don't drive like an old person. I've seen each of you drive and you are old drivers. Sadly you just don't recognize it.
Old 02-02-2023, 08:02 AM

I’m female but I’m still using Clint Eastwood’s take on aging. He was once having a conversation with his friend/songwriter Toby Keith. Toby asked him how he keeps going every day. Clint’s response: “I just get up every morning and go out. And I don’t let the old man in.” Toby was so impressed with that outlook that he wrote a song called “Don’t Let the Old Man In.” God knows the number of my days and I choose to give Him praise for each morning I wake up. And, like Clint, I choose to wake up each day with this perspective……don’t let the old woman in!
Old 02-02-2023, 08:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
And, like Clint, I choose to wake up each day with this perspective……don’t let the old woman in!
Me too. Although the wife's getting a little annoyed standing out in the porch.
Old 02-02-2023, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,251 Times in 4,283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
Me too. Although the wife's getting a little annoyed standing out in the porch.
The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 02-02-2023, 09:57 AM
Veteran member

I learned in Driver's Ed decades ago to watch any and all who are driving near me and expect that they might do something stupid. So far (fingers crossed) it seems to have worked. BTW, I am particularly vigilant while on my golf cart as we are easy targets for the careless. Best of luck to everyone out there.
Old 02-02-2023, 10:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member

You know I 100% agree with you but I’m like you & I think just like the bad drivers, they probably think they are good drivers & I’m a bad driver. As we get older we think differently & we think we’re the only good drivers & everyone else can’t drive. But I think exactly like you! We live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area where there’s 3 to 4 million people that may drive & I get people blowing the horn at me, & so far nobody has given me the finger yet. So maybe I could be one of those bad drivers, & presently I’m 73 yrs. old. It’s hell to get old!
Old 02-02-2023, 11:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,653 Times in 1,496 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH1 View Post
Why do Old People “ buy in bulk” ?
So we have a reason to live longer. Can't die till the toilet paper is all used up.
Old 02-02-2023, 11:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl08 View Post
I'm not quite 70 yet but I hope I'll never take ten minutes to back out of a parking spot. And I surely hope I never park right in the middle of a parking spot while in my golf cart. I'm never getting old!!
Older people sometimes have neck injuries that make backing out of a parking space dangerous. So, they compensate by BACKING slowly. My advice is that we live in an environment of older citizens and some have disabilities........some from military service accidents or industrial accidents.
......Give them a break and drive slowly and safely when in a parking lot (which STRANGELY is where some people SPEED).....OR another strategy would be for you to leave town. No one HID from you the fact that OLDER PEOPLE live in The Villages............the problem may be reflected in the mirror !!!!!!
Old 02-02-2023, 11:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Me too. Just got back from Sam's club. Driving down Anna Maria north a nice person in a blue Vibe at 9:35 ran the stop sign at Bokeelia Villas to pull out right in front of me then proceeded at 22 mph. Thanks for that, I really appreciated it. Then, entering the Pinellas/Morse RB, planning to go straight through to Moyer I was in the OUTSIDE lane, when some idiot pulled up alongside me in the left exit to INSIDE lane and proceeded to make the jack@$$ move of taking the first exit. I think your car was brown, but I was too busy avoiding the accident that YOU would have caused. If that was you, you will know it was me by the fact that I was leaning on my horn---not for safety, but to let you know you are a jack@$$. If that was unclear, I followed it up by saluting you. Then at a light waiting to make a right on 466A, there was no one coming, but the next jerk, the only car in front of me, refused to turn on red, so we sat there 3 minutes for absolutely nothing(No, visibility was not an issue at all). All that in the first 3 1/2 miles of the trip.

So yes, I agree, I hope I never drive like that either.
Please see post # 27
Old 02-02-2023, 11:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Well its February 1, so new people arriving today. Younger than some posting, but driving up to 466 today, I felt I could have been the only person who knew how to drive a car.
Not to worry in the near future we will all be driving SAFE self-driving vehicles. And by then MAYBE (?) in the Villages there will be enough lanes for the winter traffic..........MAYBE.
Old 02-02-2023, 11:53 AM

Remember, you are not required to turn on red. Sorry you had to wait. Not.
Closed Thread

Tags
people, it’s, lot, drive, hope

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.