Sae a golf cart on Rolling Acres

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2016, 09:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member

You're right someone is asking for a short life. Just like when I'm driving my golf cart going the max speed limit & every cart that I see in my read view mirror will catch me & pass me & that's about everyone. I've only lived here for 5 yrs. & to this day I bet I can count on one hand how many people stop dead at STOP SIGNS, they roll right through them. I've had arrogant people follow me & when I stop DEAD at a stop sign they'll toot their horn & some will yell comments at me, I'll just smile & wave at them. So the person that went across Rolling Acres Rd. might be a new person living here or someone visiting. Don't be to hard on them, it's their life to learn the hard way!
Old 09-19-2016, 09:56 AM

It was very sad to learn of the man who lost his life last week. It came after I saw two of the scariest examples of golf carts going where they don't belong. I was driving down Rt. 42 and came upon a golf cart driving westbound in the right hand lane. Fortunately, I saw him soon enough to slow down to his speed and pass him on the left. The cart was not street legal, without any signage, and only had a triangular "caution" sign on the back. The limit is above 35 mph and this could have been horrid for him and for me. Earlier, I was pulling out of McDonald's on 466a, following a woman in a cart, not street legal, who drove out onto that 45mph road. Do people not know or do they not care that they are risking their lives?
Old 09-19-2016, 10:06 AM
Gold member

You would be better off with a SmartCar... cheaper too!
Closed Thread

Tags
rolling, acres, cart, golf, street

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.