Directions from Kissimmee/Orlando to the Villages needed

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Default Directions from Kissimmee/Orlando to the Villages needed

We will be arriving in Florida on Feb.3 and plan on visiting the Villages on the 4th and/or 5th in order to scope out various rentals for Jan to March 2009. We will be staying at "silver lake resort' out near Disney just off 192. It is not far from highway 27 so was wondering if the best way was just to go to highway 27 and head North until I reach 466 or thereabouts. I would like to get to one of the squares to get a map of the villages and then tour the villages for the day. Someone was mentionning a toll road as well. Is there a toll road that I could take from near Disney that would get me to the Villages as well? :dontknow:
Old 01-09-2008, 08:57 AM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Directions from Kissimmee/Orlando to the Villages needed

Stay on 27 until you get to The Villages. After you go thru Lady Lake, you will start seeing signs. Good to the sales center in Spanish Springs. Easiest to find.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 01-09-2008, 12:44 PM

We use 27 when going to Disney. Easy drive.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

the new toll road is easy to find , and takes about 15-20 minutes off the drive, but 27 also works
Old 01-09-2008, 06:21 PM
Eternal Member

I think the fastest way to get there is to spend a few bucks on tolls.
Where you are on 192 looks to be just east of 429, which is the Daniel Webster Western Beltway. Nice new toll road that will connect you with the Florida Turnpike - north. You can take the turnpike to exit 304, then 301 north to 466-A. Make a right (east) then a left (north) on Buena Vista Blvd or Morse Blvd. Either one leads right thru TV. Lake Sumter Landing is a few miles north from 466-A. If you cross rte 466, you've passed LSL. Watch for 466-A, and remember there is also a 466. Both run east-west, with 466-A the first one you come to along 301.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.