for sale signs got me to thinkin'

Closed Thread
Old 07-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!
Default for sale signs got me to thinkin'

if signs are NOT permitted - other than the fertilizer/pest maintenance and thed 12"X12" for sale sign in the window - and if the developer NOW going to enforce the signage covenants...

a] will the developer have the sign police going around and absconding with all the little homemade 'house for sale' signs with balloons attached to them that are NOT even planted in someone's yard? - you know - the oens that pop up around the weekends.
b] will the developer have the sign police going around and absconding with all the little homemade 'yard sale' and 'garage sale' signs that are NOT even planted in someone's yard? - they pop up on weekends, too.

i don't believe the sign police have ever removed those signs on either the north or the south of 466. BUT if enforcement is the new normal - does that mean that the developer stands to make more $ because folks who want traffic to their sale are gonna hafta advertise in the developer's newspaper? or maybe the enforcement of no mls real estate signage is just a selective thing and really has nothing to do with neighborhood aesthetics.

hmmmm...........

Old 07-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Sage

I sure hope that is not the case - should be a fair playing field for anyone trying to sell their home.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
if signs are NOT permitted - other than the fertilizer/pest maintenance and thed 12"X12" for sale sign in the window - and if the developer NOW going to enforce the signage covenants...

a] will the developer have the sign police going around and absconding with all the little homemade 'house for sale' signs with balloons attached to them that are NOT even planted in someone's yard? - you know - the oens that pop up around the weekends.
b] will the developer have the sign police going around and absconding with all the little homemade 'yard sale' and 'garage sale' signs that are NOT even planted in someone's yard? - they pop up on weekends, too.

i don't believe the sign police have ever removed those signs on either the north or the south of 466. BUT if enforcement is the new normal - does that mean that the developer stands to make more $ because folks who want traffic to their sale are gonna hafta advertise in the developer's newspaper? or maybe the enforcement of no mls real estate signage is just a selective thing and really has nothing to do with neighborhood aesthetics.

hmmmm...........
I have observed Community Watch gather up garage sale signs and deliver them to the address that is on the sign. And advise the person that baloons are permitted but not signs.

Maybe this all should have been on the other thread with over 150 posts!
Old 07-21-2012, 03:33 PM
Sage

You must remember that enforcement of the restrictions is by the community standards department, not community watch. Community standards is complaint driven (ie: calls from owners).
Old 07-21-2012, 05:02 PM

I guess those for sale by owners signs could be placed on a car parked in the street. Now wouldn't that cause a lot blood pressures to rise
Old 07-21-2012, 07:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default I don't think that selling a home here is hard but you have to do what you have to do

Last edited by graciegirl; 07-22-2012 at 05:00 AM.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:32 PM
Gold member

How is it that community watch has the authority to enter on someones private property to remove signs ??
Old 07-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Veteran member

I had a truck for sale about 5 years ago and with it setting in my drive way and a sign in the back window got a notice on my front door that this was not allowed. But golf carts run around with signs of all kinds and nothing done is it fair I don't know
Old 07-21-2012, 09:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
How is it that community watch has the authority to enter on someones private property to remove signs ??
Where did that happen?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.