Bison Valley Housing Development

Closed Thread
Old 10-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Default Bison Valley Housing Development

We were over by Southern Trace and the new Palm Ridge Plaza and see there are new houses being built. The sign shows it as being called "Bison Valley" and it is directly across the road from the Village of Summerhill. Does anyone on TOTV know if it is part of TV's or privately owned?

We noticed that they do have golf cart signs on their interior roads and wondered if it is a privately owned development if those residents will be allowed to enter TV and make use of our cart paths. Also does anyone know who owns our cart paths? Do we residents have to maintain them or does the developer?
Old 10-14-2007, 03:14 PM
Default Re: Bison Valley Housing Development

Received this in an email.

Coming Soon. Bison Valley Family Neighborhood

Close to Shopping and The Villages Charter School

Opening November 7th

If you’ve been dreaming of owning a home where you can live close to schools, work, and all the conveniences of The Villages, Bison Valley is the place.

* For a limited time offered exclusively to full-time employees of: The Villages of Lake-Sumter, Inc; The Villages Charter Schools, Inc; VCCDD; SLCDD; Citizens First Family (Bank, Mortgage & Trust); Properties of The Villages
* Located off of CR 466 on CR 101
* 99 Homesites offering a variety of Ranch & Designer Series Homes
* Prices ranging from the $170s to the $375s
* Special finance packages available through Citizens First Wholesale Mortgage
* Some homes will be ready in time for Christmas

Located off of CR 466 on CR 101

Let us know of your interest & pre-qualify by contacting Citizens First Wholesale Mortgage at 259-3249. Ask for “employee pre-approval”.

Located off of CR 466 on CR 101

Offered by Properties of The Villages.
Watch for more information in an upcoming email.

Old 10-14-2007, 04:10 PM
Taltarzac

I drive by this area every day about on my way to Doggie Doo Run Run. These houses are one their way up but I do not see a place for a Recreation Center for Bison Valley? Hope they get a pool for the children in this area. Pimlico would probably start getting crowded if there is no pool in Bison Valley.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:22 PM

I understand it that these home owners will not be Villages residents, will not be paying ammenity fees and willl not be using Villages recreation facilities.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:34 PM

HMMMMMM...veeeeery interesting. Wonder why there hasn't been any mention of this new Village in the Daily Sun (or else I missed it). I think a "Family" Village is a good idea for the people who work here, in fact we had heard that "Bridgeport at Miona Shores" was going to be a "family" Village for the Professionals who work here, ie: Doctors, Lawyers, etc. Don't believe now that to be the case. I too hope they put in Pools and Rec Centers for them.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:18 PM

Suninfl06, thank you so much for sharing your information. I am very much relieved to hear it is a third village development for workers.

TOTV has again proven to be "The" place to go for factual information :bigthumbsup:
Old 10-14-2007, 08:08 PM
Veteran member

There are a couple of (villages) that are family geared for employees and bison ridge is one. Also there is some talk of younger than 55 owners here in The Villages,Florida law,if I'm not mistaken says that 20% of an area like this is open to all ages.Bonnybrook there is a 26 year old that bought from private owner.Dont be to surprised that some morning you wake up and kids are playing ball in the street next door. Don't know if there are any restrictions against it.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoug
There are a couple of (villages) that are family geared for employees and bison ridge is one. Also there is some talk of younger than 55 owners here in The Villages,Florida law,if I'm not mistaken says that 20% of an area like this is open to all ages.Bonnybrook there is a 26 year old that bought from private owner.Dont be to surprised that some morning you wake up and kids are playing ball in the street next door. Don't know if there are any restrictions against it.
Heard that rumor about the 20% too from former girlfriend of a neighbor. From driving around the Villages I have not seen this 20% and I did a quick and dirty search on this in the various legal databases on FL law and did not see anything supporting this rumor that the Villages has to be 20% open to people under 55. :dontknow:
Old 10-15-2007, 11:57 AM

In the Villages, one person on the deed must be over 55. Children over the age of 19 can reside in the house.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Veteran member

Try this link: http://www.hud.gov/offices/fheo/seniors/hopa.pdf Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995 It looks like a Federal act and not a Florida law. :cop: It looks as if this gives the basics for the establishment of the classification of an adult community and its legal definitions.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:52 PM
Veteran member

I am the only person on my deed and I am not 55 or over. Bought in July in Amelia.

Becky

Old 10-15-2007, 04:15 PM

ditto what becky said but i bought in 99.
was told the mean or average home owner age had to be 55 and they had to file paperwork to sell me a new home in my name at age 51.
i was surprised but since i got the home i didn't pursue exactly what the procedure was.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickY
Try this link: http://www.hud.gov/offices/fheo/seniors/hopa.pdf Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995 It looks like a Federal act and not a Florida law. :cop: It looks as if this gives the basics for the establishment of the classification of an adult community and its legal definitions.
I had looked at that in my legal research. That just seems to say that a Housing for Older Persons has to have 80% of its residences occupied by at least one person 55 or older? Not that they have to keep 20% open for people under 55??
Old 10-15-2007, 07:05 PM
Veteran member

The one thing I found in all my surfing was when requesting information from lylesellsfla.com, who is in the real estate section of this site, was this in one of the pdf documents sent. The source of this information is not referenced other than "deed restrictions".

DEED RESTRICTIONS
The Villages is a retirement community for
which at least one person in a household living
in The Villages must be 55 or older. No one
under the age of 19 may permanently reside in
the Villages. You do not have to be 55 or older
to buy a home in The Villages.
By law only 80% of the residents must be 55 or older.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.