Old 09-14-2017, 08:41 AM
Sage
Default Sams Club

Is Sam's Club open? Their phone is continuously busy
Old 09-14-2017, 08:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,749 Times in 1,386 Posts

They were open last night.
There is/was no fresh or refrigerated food in the store....completely EMPTY!!
Old 09-14-2017, 09:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
They were open last night.
There is/was no fresh or refrigerated food in the store....completely EMPTY!!
Same with Target. The refrigerator/freezer section was empty and cordoned off except for the beer cooler.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2017, 10:46 AM
Sage

Same with 441 Walmart

(pic loaded up side down)

Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	441 Walmart Refrigerators after Irma Power Outage.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	71464  
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 09-16-2017, 02:46 PM

No power. The're using generators.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:50 PM

The're using generators the size of your house to keep the lights and POS running.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:45 PM

Hello James here...
New to T.V.... Going to Home Depot a lot, seeing Sams Club parking lot always full ...Features and benefits of SAMS CLUB, vs Wallmart ?
I am only familiar with COSCO, been out of the country for more than a decade....
Old 09-16-2017, 04:20 PM
Veteran member

We used to go to Sam's once or twice a year when they advertise in the paper non-member weekends where anyone could shop and pay a 10% surcharge. We finally joined a couple of years ago when we got a Groupon offer that made a one year membership free after food and gift card offers. Now we renew at an annual military rate of about $30.

I preface all this because Sam's offers some savings over it's owner Walmart but you must buy food in bulk (like Costco which we don't have nearby). Great for families but I wouldn't bother for the two of us if paying full membership. I used to get a lot of non-perishables from Amazon that I now get from Sam's at similar prices.

Sam's does have the best rotisserie chicken anywhere. They also have a great phone app that lets you pay without waiting in lines.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:21 PM
Gold member

was there thursday 6pm....very busy...but no cold food or hot food. dry goods only.

also deli was closed.......I was looking forward to a pizza...
Old 09-16-2017, 05:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

We were at Sam's today and it was packed. Anyone can go and shop, membership not needed for the time being due to hurricane recovery. We picked up 32 bottles of Aquafina Spring Water for $3.98, if you want purified tap water you can get 40 bottles. We also got the 128 oz Tropicana High Pulp OJ for $6.48, 1500 Sweet & Low for $11.68 and my wife got 2 big bottles of wine.

We just rejoined two weeks ago after about a six month break because of a special, $45 membership and you get a $20 gift card, it was a net of $25. We keep our membership for one reason, it's the only place that has good lump crab meat so we can have crab cakes about once a month. Otherwise, we're happy with what Walmart has since there is only two of us and we're not big eaters and besides we eat lunch out most everyday.
Old 09-17-2017, 03:29 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by logdog View Post
We used to go to Sam's once or twice a year when they advertise in the paper non-member weekends where anyone could shop and pay a 10% surcharge. We finally joined a couple of years ago when we got a Groupon offer that made a one year membership free after food and gift card offers. Now we renew at an annual military rate of about $30.

I preface all this because Sam's offers some savings over it's owner Walmart but you must buy food in bulk (like Costco which we don't have nearby). Great for families but I wouldn't bother for the two of us if paying full membership. I used to get a lot of non-perishables from Amazon that I now get from Sam's at similar prices.

Sam's does have the best rotisserie chicken anywhere. They also have a great phone app that lets you pay without waiting in lines.
Since when does Sam's offer "Military Discount Membership"?
Old 09-17-2017, 09:11 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Dog View Post
Since when does Sam's offer "Military Discount Membership"?
Check out Sam's website.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:47 AM
Sage

From Sam's Club Website:

* This offer is limited to active and former U.S. military and their spouses. Proof of service is required. Join or renew as a Savings™, Business™ or Sam’s Plus™ Member and get a $10 eGift card. You must be 18 or older to purchase a membership, and membership is subject to qualifications. The eGift card will be provided at the time membership is purchased and card is issued. This offer may not be combined with any other offer or promotion. Only one eGift card per primary member. The eGift card cannot be used toward membership fee, travel purchases or select services, and must be claimed within 30 days of membership sign-up or renewal connected with this program. Membership cards are non-transferable and are valid at all Sam’s Club locations worldwide. Walmart® and Sam’s Club associates are not eligible for this offer. Primary memberships are valid for one year from the date of issue. Offers are not valid at SamsClub.com or by mail. Visit SamsClub.com/privacy to view our privacy policy. For a limited time only. One-time use only. Offer valid through January 31, 2018

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 09-17-2017, 03:08 PM
Veteran member

The military rate varies from time to time. Last year it was a $20 gift card that could be used at Sam's or Walmart so renewal was net $25. I used it at Walmart to avoid standing in line at Sam's.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagevip View Post
Hello James here...
New to T.V.... Going to Home Depot a lot, seeing Sams Club parking lot always full ...Features and benefits of SAMS CLUB, vs Wallmart ?
I am only familiar with COSCO, been out of the country for more than a decade....
NEW to TV?

Tags
sams, club, busy, continuously, open

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.