Samsung Refrigerator Ice Makers

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2017, 11:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
We also did an extensive consumer research before buying.

The only complaint concerning Samsung kitchen appliances was with the top of the line dishwasher.

My wife ran into the Samsung representative at our store of purchase. He claimed the problem with the dishwasher was overstated and that people were not sliding the top stacking shelf properly and it caused leaks.

My wife replied that if she had to worry about the position of the top stacking shelf every time she loaded a cup, dish, etc she didn't want it. we purchased their second best and so far no problems

I pose the question what happened to the Maytag man?

Personal Best Regards:
The Maytag Man Retired to The Villages. Hysterical Section.
Old 08-20-2017, 04:23 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane032657 View Post
We have appliance warranty with Broward. They will repair or replace bad appliances except Samsung and LG. Our Samsung top fridge ice maker was not working. They came out twice and added more insulation to it and now it works great. So try having a repair company add insulation to the ice maker in the fridge. It seemed to solve the problem after the second round of extra insulation.
Why won't Broward repair/replace Samsung/LG?
Old 08-20-2017, 04:35 PM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

They will repair, not replace. I think because they are problematic more than others but I am not sure.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Why won't Broward repair/replace Samsung/LG?

We had an interesting experience with Samsung repairs. Before moving here we purchased a Samsung washer and dryer at Lowes, and included a 5 year extended warranty.

After being here for 2 years we began having some issues with the dryer. We contacted a Lowe's here - they had no vendors who worked on Samsung products. We called an 800 support line for Samsung and were told there were no local Samsung authorized repair vendors in this area.

To make a long story short, we found a repair service willing to take a crack at the repair. Three trips and multiple parts later it was working..but the repair guy said never call him again about a Samsung product repair.

Sooo, if you have a problem with a Samsung product you could be up the proverbial creek. [emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-20-2017, 06:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
We had an interesting experience with Samsung repairs. Before moving here we purchased a Samsung washer and dryer at Lowes, and included a 5 year extended warranty.

After being here for 2 years we began having some issues with the dryer. We contacted a Lowe's here - they had no vendors who worked on Samsung products. We called an 800 support line for Samsung and were told there were no local Samsung authorized repair vendors in this area.

To make a long story short, we found a repair service willing to take a crack at the repair. Three trips and multiple parts later it was working..but the repair guy said never call him again about a Samsung product repair.

Sooo, if you have a problem with a Samsung product you could be up the proverbial creek. [emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
We have a front loader set of Samsung Washer/Dryer with the Home Depot Warranty for 5 years. Into the second year and all is well. We have had a similar experience with LG equipment that was here when we bought the house. Beautiful looking and highly rated stuff but no repair? This is not good. I fear not because The Home Depot will stand behind what they sold. I gave the LG fridge to the delivery guy, he said he could put it to good use in his house and could fix it. Ha.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:57 PM

We purchased top of the line Samsung kitchen appliances from Home Depot. What a mistake! The ice maker stopped working and, when we inquired for a repair company recommendation, they did not have a single one available. Why would anyone sell a product with such a poor reputation and, more important, mislead the customer that they are buying a reliable product. Sadly, we did not purchase an extended warranty. If anyone eventually finds a fair repair vendor, please pm me. Thanks!
Old 09-01-2017, 07:49 PM
fw102807

The house we bought came with a Samsung fridge and the ice maker is awful. My GE up north was much better.
Closed Thread

Tags
ice, repair, tray, guy, told

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.