Satellite view of your home

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2007, 11:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Satellite view of your home

I'm thinking most people are aware of this but will post for those who might not. If you would like to see a satellite view of your home, go to Yahoo maps and type in your address and zip code, a map will come up, look in the top of the map to the right and click satellite to view your home (if built in 2004 or prior) on the left are + and - keys to zoom in and out.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:13 PM
Sage
Default Re: Satellite view of your home

For those built after 2004 or if you just want the bigger perspective, the Villages Commercial property website has an aerial photograph of the full extent of the Villages. It's a 6.5MB file (pdf), so, you dial-up folks might be out of luck. You can zoom in to your neighborhood but resolution is not good enough to see fine details of your home.

Here's the link:

http://www.thevillagescommercialprop...7%20Aerial.pdf
Old 09-30-2007, 01:19 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07
For those built after 2004 or if you just want the bigger perspective, the Villages Commercial property website has an aerial photograph of the full extent of the Villages. It's a 6.5MB file (pdf), so, you dial-up folks might be out of luck. You can zoom in to your neighborhood but resolution is not good enough to see fine details of your home.

Here's the link:

http://www.thevillagescommercialprop...7%20Aerial.pdf
Hard to even see the neighborhood with the resolution I can get?
Old 09-30-2007, 01:23 PM

Another view can be found on these other sites. Google Earth, which is a fantastic site to not only see your home but things like the great pyramids, grand canyon, New York (in 3d) it is fantastic and free.

The other is Zillow, which I assume many of yu have heard of. This site gives you a "Zillowestimate" of what your house and those in your area or almost anyother area are worth.

The first is a download from google and the second is a site Http://www.zillow.com

Larry
Old 09-30-2007, 02:32 PM
Sage

zillow prices don't mean zilch - a house down our street is valued at 20% higher than similar houses because it sold at the peak of the real estate bubble; no way it is worth any more than the others.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 09-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Gold member

I logged onto Google Earth right after we bought our house. Really a great site. When friends ask where we are moving I show them the satellite pic. Great fun.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:31 PM

Sometimes they are not that bad. We bought a house in the villages for my father in law and the zillow estimate was withen 5% of what we finally paid for it. I guess it depends. In CA maybe the estimates are out of whack..
Old 10-02-2007, 12:04 PM

Soon you will be able to see everything really well when they launch the domestic spy satellite soon!!!! ??? :edit:
Old 01-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Bosoxfan

They don't show my house yet.In fact there aren't any houses in the whole neighborhood.Any idea how often they http://zillow.com update their site.We've been here since july and there are other houses that have been here around a year.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:16 PM
Sage

Now sure about zillow. Google Earth flies into a great close-up aerial of our neighborhood and home in Springdale.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:46 PM
Question An even better view- soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut View Post
I'm thinking most people are aware of this but will post for those who might not. If you would like to see a satellite view of your home, go to Yahoo maps and type in your address and zip code, a map will come up, look in the top of the map to the right and click satellite to view your home (if built in 2004 or prior) on the left are + and - keys to zoom in and out.
The BING maps can often be better and their "bird's eye" and the google street view even better but both of them seem to come to a grinding halt at the villages gates

maybe a high power controls the air above

L&L
Old 01-14-2010, 12:13 AM
Eternal Member

If your house is in Sumter Co you can use http://www.sumterpa.com

There you can type in your address, do a "Record Search" and then click on the picture of the house that pops up on the right. You can play with it after that by using the zoom icons, the pan icon (little hand) and the info icons to see a good picture as well as get all the sales and owner info. Worth looking into.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:29 AM
Veteran member
Location: Clinton, CT Sarasota, FL, The Villages - July 10, 2009
Default Mapquest

Mapquest seems to be one of the sites with the most current aerial maps.

It is the only site I've found where the arial photos show the competed houses in our section of Bonita(Blaisley section).

The next Bonita section, Bramble area, displays as partially completed.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.