Savannah Center shows

Closed Thread
Old 05-05-2021, 05:58 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts
Default Savannah Center shows

We went to the Hall&Oates 'tribute show' at Savannah this afternoon. What a wonderful show they put on - excellent 7 piece band with a great lead singer. They were fabulous. Two shows yesterday and their last show at TV is tonight at 7.

Seemed as if they are at about 50% or so capacity at the theater with about 3' between paired seats on the main floor. The 3pm show today, unfortunately had -estimate- 150-175 in the audience, but tonight's is sold out. They still put it all out for us. Great group.

And BONUS! Masks are required for the ushers etc, but REQUESTED for guests. yay!

The upgraded sound system at Savannah is excellent - great job. It certainly improves the music experience there.

Was nice to get back out to theaterical entertainment here...much more to come this year for us.
Old 05-05-2021, 06:16 PM
Sage

What DeanFL said. We were there also!
Old 05-05-2021, 06:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

We have seen some good shows there, nice place.

So masks are requested but I am guessing you did not wear them. If I was asked to wear a mask I would, just the right thing to do.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
…So masks are requested but I am guessing you did not wear them. If I was asked to wear a mask I would, just the right thing to do.
Why was that necessary to say.

Very good attempt…hopefully a failed one…to take a nice positive thread in the wrong direction.
Old 05-05-2021, 10:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Why was that necessary to say.

Very good attempt…hopefully a failed one…to take a nice positive thread in the wrong direction.
It was just the way it was worded in the original post, workers had to wear them and we were ask but yay didn’t have to. Florida has had an issue with this from day 1.
Old 05-06-2021, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
We went to the Hall&Oates 'tribute show' at Savannah this afternoon. What a wonderful show they put on - excellent 7 piece band with a great lead singer. They were fabulous. Two shows yesterday and their last show at TV is tonight at 7.

Seemed as if they are at about 50% or so capacity at the theater with about 3' between paired seats on the main floor. The 3pm show today, unfortunately had -estimate- 150-175 in the audience, but tonight's is sold out. They still put it all out for us. Great group.

And BONUS! Masks are required for the ushers etc, but REQUESTED for guests. yay!

The upgraded sound system at Savannah is excellent - great job. It certainly improves the music experience there.

Was nice to get back out to theatrical entertainment here...much more to come this year for us.
I attended the Wednesday evening performance and agree with everything the OP has said.

As far as making it safe for the audience concerning COVID, they did allow more space around seating.
I believe the mask signs are now posted for political reasons. The usher told me you will not need to wear a mask in the theater. Just about all of us are vaccinated and I was not concerned at all that masks were not being worn. If this is not acceptable to some people, they are not ready to go to the Savannah Center yet. This not a negative statement. This is true of people who are not ready to dine inside a restaurant yet. This pandemic has affected people in different ways and we shouldn't be critical of people who need more time to return to "normal". On the other hand, they shouldn't be critical of those who are ready.
Old 05-06-2021, 05:02 AM

“Just about all of us are vaccinated”. Why would you think that?
Old 05-06-2021, 05:49 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDhot View Post
Everyone who wants to be vaccinated is already vaccinated. Every place in TV and surroundings have had no wait, no appointment, vaccinations for awhile now.

If you are not vaccinated, that's your choice.

Nobody is required to protect you from the ramifications of your decision to not be protected..

Most of us chose life.

Last edited by Tmarkwald; 05-06-2021 at 06:18 AM.
Old 05-06-2021, 06:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDhot View Post
Because some just can’t let it go. In a year from now you will still see some who are wearing N95 in their car.
Disney is no longer taking temp checks, at the gate. Things are evolving to a different place.
Old 05-06-2021, 06:04 AM

It's called freedom..
Old 05-06-2021, 06:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

The ushers wearing masks are protecting both themselves as well as those attending the concert. Those paying to attend who refuse to wear masks, as recommended by the CDC, are not protecting themselves but more importantly selfishly refusing to protect others attending the event. We’ve made such great progress in the country. I fail to understand such selfishness and refusal to follow the recommendations of the best doctors in the world. We’re still a long, long way from achieving “herd immunity” in the U.S.
Old 05-06-2021, 06:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
The ushers wearing masks are protecting both themselves as well as those attending the concert. Those paying to attend who refuse to wear masks, as recommended by the CDC, are not protecting themselves but more importantly selfishly refusing to protect others attending the event. We’ve made such great progress in the country. I fail to understand such selfishness and refusal to follow the recommendations of the best doctors in the world. We’re still a long, long way from achieving “herd immunity” in the U.S.
EXCEPT......those that are fully vaccinated have absolutely NO REASON to wear a mask, since they CANNOT get infected nor spread it (yes, I know 0.008% can, I'll take my chances right after buying a lotto ticket)

Also, you are ridiculous to call those not wearing a mask selfish----the policy of Savannah Center is NOT mask required, so no one has to wear one. If you have any argument at all, it is with the people who make the policy at Savannah, but clearly they do not share your paranoia.

Last edited by golfing eagles; 05-06-2021 at 06:46 AM.
Old 05-06-2021, 06:35 AM

Great performance. They played all of Hall And Oats greatest hits. Many folks were singing along. It was great. So much fun!
Old 05-06-2021, 07:35 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

one word. One word in my post#1. yay.

I'm sorry I inserted that tiny exclamation. Allowed some to take issue with a small part of the post.

We are FULLY vaccinated, We were VERY careful for well over one year and generally followed CDC etc guidance. We are very considerate of other's concern for their life and beliefs. It's America. We don't judge. If I see someone wearing two masks, so be it. I always put myself in other's shoes. How do I know if that person is on Chemo, fragile health, or simply hypercautious? That is THEIR choice.

The ushers at Savannah were explicit - masks are REQESTED. Did we desire to leave our mask on for 90min+, being 3 feet ++++ away from all others in audience? Did we want to muffle our exclamation of happiness and cheers for the performance? Answer (for us) was NO.

Our culture is SO divided these days. It's truly a shame. Life goes on in America. I am so pleased that we live in Florida, and The Villages where we are ALLOWED to live life in so many wonderful ways.

OK, I'm done. Oh - BTW if you have a chance to attend a Savannah show (or others in TV). ENJOY!!! Mask on or Not. YOUR choice in most cases.

Back to the show...
Old 05-06-2021, 07:52 AM

I am so sick of people saying that those not wearing masks are selfish. Virtue shamers! I did not want to get the vaccine (I think it's ridiculous) but I did. When required I wear a mask but frequent those places as little as possible. It's time with all the precautions that your decision to wear a mask is YOUR choice and is for YOUR protection! If I choose not to wear a mask then I'm responsible for what happens to ME! If you are concerned then YOU protect yourself by wearing a mask and social distancing. If masks and social distancing are the "fix" and you practice both then you're ok right? You can relieve yourself of your self appointed responsibility to protect me. If you want to wear a mask to protect you, great. I completely support you. But then you want to shame me into wearing a mask - also to protect you? Hmmm.
Closed Thread

Tags
show, savannah, great, excellent, shows

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.