Savannah Center shows

Closed Thread
Old 05-06-2021, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Why was that necessary to say.

Very good attempt…hopefully a failed one…to take a nice positive thread in the wrong direction.
To fail to honor a hosts request is rude.
Old 05-06-2021, 07:55 AM

Brought 2 tickets for the 7pm show at 2:30 in the afternoon (day of) took my wife im not a big H&O fan but i loved the show.
I knew every song and the sound system was great, i was wondering why it sounded so good i didn't know about the upgrade, thanks for the info. Still not a big fan of the seats in the back, not leg room
Old 05-06-2021, 08:04 AM

We went to the 7 pm show. The worst concert we have been too. Many people left early! The music was so loud and you could not understand the words. They had no energy!
Old 05-06-2021, 08:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokomo View Post
To fail to honor a hosts request is rude.
This is NOT a party at a private home, it is a public venue. If they wanted everyone masked they simply would have REQUIRED it, like they did a few months ago. When you go to a place where masks are merely "requested", such as a pro shop, not wearing a mask is hardly "rude". And for fully vaccinated individuals, wearing the mask is simply idiotic.
Old 05-06-2021, 08:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RON S View Post
…Still not a big fan of the seats in the back, not leg room
Good show, but very much agree with this.
Old 05-06-2021, 08:52 AM
Default Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
We went to the Hall&Oates 'tribute show' at Savannah this afternoon. What a wonderful show they put on - excellent 7 piece band with a great lead singer. They were fabulous. Two shows yesterday and their last show at TV is tonight at 7.

Seemed as if they are at about 50% or so capacity at the theater with about 3' between paired seats on the main floor. The 3pm show today, unfortunately had -estimate- 150-175 in the audience, but tonight's is sold out. They still put it all out for us. Great group.

And BONUS! Masks are required for the ushers etc, but REQUESTED for guests. yay!

The upgraded sound system at Savannah is excellent - great job. It certainly improves the music experience there.

Was nice to get back out to theaterical entertainment here...much more to come this year for us.
I read that groups who booked certain seats got split up when they arrived to the show and that is a huge negative on the management of those shows! Who wants to end up 3 rows away from their husband or friends they invited??!! So not right! It’s made me shy away from going there.
Old 05-06-2021, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

I stopped going to the Savannah when the Sharon opened , I don’t care whose playing or if it’s free , it’s not an enjoyable venue.feels like a high school auditorium
Old 05-06-2021, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
We went to the Hall&Oates 'tribute show' at Savannah this afternoon. What a wonderful show they put on - excellent 7 piece band with a great lead singer. They were fabulous. Two shows yesterday and their last show at TV is tonight at 7.

Seemed as if they are at about 50% or so capacity at the theater with about 3' between paired seats on the main floor. The 3pm show today, unfortunately had -estimate- 150-175 in the audience, but tonight's is sold out. They still put it all out for us. Great group.

And BONUS! Masks are required for the ushers etc, but REQUESTED for guests. yay!

The upgraded sound system at Savannah is excellent - great job. It certainly improves the music experience there.

Was nice to get back out to theaterical entertainment here...much more to come this year for us.
How much were tickets?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 05-06-2021, 09:21 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
How much were tickets?
$35@ - we were in the middle aisle, 4 rows back - no one in front of us. perfect. BTW - the group (7) were great. The lead singer was fabulous - drummer same, sax player, same. Excellent group with their own twist on H & O live preformances.

Home
Old 05-06-2021, 06:34 PM

Maybe for you but most of us have been vaccinated and don’t really care to wear a mask while watching a show. 🤦🏼
Closed Thread

Tags
show, savannah, great, excellent, shows

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.