Save $348 Or More Every year

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2021, 08:14 AM

You could have the better roads AND the $348.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:21 AM

Check out the county taxes in other counties and in other states! You will see that Sumter County is still a DEAL! The mistake that they made was not raising taxes for so many years when everything was new. Now that things are needing to be repaired, they do not have the capital reserves to pay for it. Let's keep it the way it is and explore again the different possibilities for increasing revenue and reserves so that we do not get into this mess in the future!
Old 01-26-2021, 08:25 AM

“ The increased costs associated with any new development should be borne by the people who are getting the benefits of that new development. That is, the new homeowners, not homeowners who have already paid for the roads that they are using. “

So if I understand what your saying is that since you already paid for YOUR roads and I should be paying for MY roads then I shouldn’t see you south of 44 since I’m benefiting from this development. That means don’t come to Fenney putt and play, don’t come to Ednas, don’t come to any other new features south of 44 because you don’t feel you need to pay for improvements since you paid YOUR SHARE.

Sounds like another entitled selfish person in Americans “friendliest” home town.
SMH
Old 01-26-2021, 08:33 AM

I may not understand this completely, but when I moved to The Villages there was a bond attached to each property which supposedly was to pay for the infrastructure of the village in which you lived. New homes still have bonds, which I understand are now higher than they ever were, along with impact fees. So why the need for the twenty five percent increase. You have a continually increasing tax base without a significant increase in costs as there are no schools that have to be built or police stations as these are county. Roads do not need to be plowed like up north. You have a fire department that does have to be funded but not much else. In other words the tax base is increasing through expansion much more rapidly than costs. To me the math does not add up. It seems like there is a lot of double dipping going on meaning there appears to be multiple revenue streams paying for the same expenses. All this money has to be going somewhere.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:42 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown132 View Post
I may not understand this completely, but when I moved to The Villages there was a bond attached to each property which supposedly was to pay for the infrastructure of the village in which you lived. New homes still have bonds, which I understand are now higher than they ever were, along with impact fees. So why the need for the twenty five percent increase. .
Bonds do not pay for roads.
Old 01-26-2021, 09:11 AM

Thank you ; that’s exactly what I’ve been telling everyone. They just don’t get it.
Old 01-26-2021, 09:48 AM

I'm just totally disgusted with now THREE articles in the paper, ALL ONE SIDED?! Again, when the 25% tax increase was introduced, and many people spoke out against it, where were the articles in the paper???
Old 01-26-2021, 10:43 AM
Default Impact Fees

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappy View Post
How would you like to save $348 or more every year? Silly question; we all would. It’s simple. That $348 is the amount of tax that the County imposed on your home by the 2019 25% tax increase if your home had a taxable value of $255,700. Of course, that amount will increase or decrease based upon whether the taxable value was more or less than the $255,700 value used in The Villages Daily Sun article on January 13, 2021. Actually that tax payment would increase annually by 3% or the CPI, whichever is lower. If the CPI averaged only 1.5% every year, after 10 years, you would be paying almost $400. And the reason for these payments is the unfair 25% tax increase imposed on all Sumter County homeowners in 2019 due to The Villages expansion below Rt. 44.

The County Commissioners chose to impose that enormous tax increase instead of raising the Sumter County impact fees to the 100% rate from the current 40% rate. The increased costs associated with any new development should be borne by the people who are getting the benefits of that new development. That is, the new homeowners, not homeowners who have already paid for the roads that they are using. Taxes are paid annually; impact fees are paid only once, at the time that each new home is built. Increasing the impact fee to the 100% rate would only add $1458 to each new home built in The Villages That amount will not stop people from buying homes in The Villages.

How do we accomplish this annual tax savings? Just go to the Sumter County website and call or email the Commissioners and let them know that you want them to roll back the 25% tax increase and raise the impact fees to the 100% rate. After all, the road costs generated by the new development below Rt. 44 should be paid for by the beneficiaries of that expansion.
Impact fees should be paid by contractors and the traffic/road/business infrastructure should be included in the planning and development of any new regional or subdivision construction.
Old 01-26-2021, 11:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbone1 View Post
So how is that $348 a year is going to affect your life? I’ll take the better roads!
Why should everyone in northern section of TV pay for the roads in the southern section?
Old 01-26-2021, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
The way to get this done is EVERYONE who reads this email write to these commissioners and speak your piece. There is no reason in the world that the developer shouldn't be paying for the roads leading to HIS houses that HE'S selling and HE'S making a $100K+ on each one of them. HE can surely afford it. In the real world it's called the cost of doing business and the costs he doesn't want to absorb are passed on to those who will gain from those improvements, not those that have nothing to do with them.
Old 01-26-2021, 11:37 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Why should everyone in northern section of TV pay for the roads in the southern section?
Isn't this true every where???.............there are hundreds of miles of county roads in Southern Sumter I'll never drive on, but my county taxes pay for them. Same is true for federal intrastate roads funded by federal dollars.

Last edited by dewilson58; 01-26-2021 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-26-2021, 11:39 AM

I'm good with that. We have ALL the restaurants, country clubs, squares, pools, rec centers etc. we need. Even if you don't want us down there, we're glad to have you spend your money up here
Old 01-26-2021, 12:05 PM

Thanks for the contact information I sent out message to all three commissioners.
Old 01-26-2021, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecenturian View Post
“ The increased costs associated with any new development should be borne by the people who are getting the benefits of that new development. That is, the new homeowners, not homeowners who have already paid for the roads that they are using. “

So if I understand what your saying is that since you already paid for YOUR roads and I should be paying for MY roads then I shouldn’t see you south of 44 since I’m benefiting from this development. That means don’t come to Fenney putt and play, don’t come to Ednas, don’t come to any other new features south of 44 because you don’t feel you need to pay for improvements since you paid YOUR SHARE.

Sounds like another entitled selfish person in Americans “friendliest” home town.
SMH
I'm good with that. We have ALL the restaurants, country clubs, squares, pools, rec centers etc. we need. Even if you don't want us down there, we're glad to have you spend your money up here.
Old 01-26-2021, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappy View Post
How would you like to save $348 or more every year? Silly question; we all would. It’s simple. That $348 is the amount of tax that the County imposed on your home by the 2019 25% tax increase if your home had a taxable value of $255,700. Of course, that amount will increase or decrease based upon whether the taxable value was more or less than the $255,700 value used in The Villages Daily Sun article on January 13, 2021. Actually that tax payment would increase annually by 3% or the CPI, whichever is lower. If the CPI averaged only 1.5% every year, after 10 years, you would be paying almost $400. And the reason for these payments is the unfair 25% tax increase imposed on all Sumter County homeowners in 2019 due to The Villages expansion below Rt. 44.

The County Commissioners chose to impose that enormous tax increase instead of raising the Sumter County impact fees to the 100% rate from the current 40% rate. The increased costs associated with any new development should be borne by the people who are getting the benefits of that new development. That is, the new homeowners, not homeowners who have already paid for the roads that they are using. Taxes are paid annually; impact fees are paid only once, at the time that each new home is built. Increasing the impact fee to the 100% rate would only add $1458 to each new home built in The Villages That amount will not stop people from buying homes in The Villages.

How do we accomplish this annual tax savings? Just go to the Sumter County website and call or email the Commissioners and let them know that you want them to roll back the 25% tax increase and raise the impact fees to the 100% rate. After all, the road costs generated by the new development below Rt. 44 should be paid for by the beneficiaries of that expansion.
So there has been no tax increase in 10-14 years, eh? And my tax was finally raised 94.5 cents a day...okay, round it off to $1 a day. And I’m supposed to get my shorts in a knot? That’s so below the inflation rate over 10-14 years. What kind of a scholar would get so jacked up over this when in fact our society is on the verge of implosion. I guess humans need a glass house to throw stones at..or a war..or just be ****ed off at something..like the quality of the grass on a certain golf course. Keeps the blood flowing. Ever hear of the law of unintended consequences? My God, for 94.5 cents a day...okay, call it a buck!
Closed Thread

Tags
tax, increase, county, impact, rate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.