WHY DO VILLAGERS LIST WITH THE VILLAGES?

Closed Thread
Old 11-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Default WHY DO VILLAGERS LIST WITH THE VILLAGES?

Don't they know they are pushing NEW.... plus commission is 6% non-negotiable.
They show a pre-owned home then go show them they can buy NEW for much less.

WAKE UP FOLKS ::
Old 11-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Default Re: WHY DO VILLAGERS LIST WITH THE VILLAGES?

I soooo agree. We had ours listed with Properties of The Villages, but cancelled and went on our own this week. Their CMA had it priced way too high. We were able to lower it $15K. Wish us luck!!!

What the new people aren't realizing is that YES, the new homes appear to be cheaper, but the bond is 2X what ours was 2 years ago for the same house. That HAS to be added onto price of house.

ALSO...they don't realize all the "STUFF" they have to put into a new house to make it livable. We put in THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS.

Oh well, guess the ole "live and learn" applies here....not to mention "caveat emptor". They get pushed by the real esate people who do not always tell them the REAL TRUTH.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:25 PM

JPK,
Did you buy new or is your house a resale?
Old 11-09-2007, 06:39 PM
Gold member

We bought our house in September. When we contracted our Village agent we told her right up front we would also be working with an outside agent as well. We had done extensive research on the TV web site of new and resale homes. We actually gave her a list of the properties we wanted to see. We did the same with our independant RE agent.
They both worked really hard and showed us just what we asked to see, each made suggestions and some were good enough to look at. In the end we bought a resale, mostly because we really liked the house and it's location and the realistic price.
It is a buyers market and you have to be informed, more so in TV because TV is promoting their properties and overpricing resales. The independant brokers and sellers are far more realistic about the market and pricing
It is truly a case of being well informed.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to RCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by beady
We bought our house in September. When we contracted our Village agent we told her right up front we would also be working with an outside agent as well. We had done extensive research on the TV web site of new and resale homes. We actually gave her a list of the properties we wanted to see. We did the same with our independant RE agent.
They both worked really hard and showed us just what we asked to see, each made suggestions and some were good enough to look at. In the end we bought a resale, mostly because we really liked the house and it's location and the realistic price.
It is a buyers market and you have to be informed, more so in TV because TV is promoting their properties and overpricing resales. The independant brokers and sellers are far more realistic about the market and pricing
It is truly a case of being well informed.
I know the listing price is just a starting price, but, I have been looking at Villages, and outside realtors listings, and until just recently, the outside realtors listing price was consistently above a comparable listing thru the Villages listings, and still are higher now, but the difference has got smaller, so I don't understand all the talk about the villages resales being so much higher than the outside realtors. Now, if the villages aren't willing to negotiate on that price as much, then I can see where they could get lower.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Sage

This discussion is just plain silly.

For buyers it's Location, Location, Location and for sellers it is PRICE, PRICE, PRICE!

This is an old adage and it doesn't change based on a RE bust or boom.

Your house will sell for what the market bears regardless of where it is listed. More expose from some agents is nice but the price is independent. If people want to pay a higher commission tag for the exposure then that is their business. It doesn't affect what others do.

Obviously all buyers have to do their homework and make sure they are comparing apples to apples. I'm not bringing any breaking news to this post - this is Basic RE 101!
Old 11-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Veteran member

I'm curious to see how this incentive program will affect resales. Since TV resales don't list them as "Just Reduced", its hard ato follow, but I have noticed the price,
in some cases, is much less than in the past.
Village of Hemmingway
Old 11-09-2007, 08:50 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston
Your house will sell for what the market bears regardless of where it is listed. More expose from some agents is nice but the price is independent. If people want to pay a higher commission tag for the exposure then that is their business. It doesn't affect what others do.

Exposure is important for sure, and I could easily see listing with TV as there is a terrific web site that will attract people looking to retire to TV.

Hit's on TV website are already focused - only people interested in TV are looking. It's great exposure to a website that advertises on nationwide television (at least on some major golf programs). Ever see Lyle (and I don't mean to pick on him) advertisements on the Masters?

It could be worth the extra points for that exposure.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poromo
JPK,
Did you buy new or is your house a resale?
We bought new in 2005 because there weren't very many resales south of 466 when we bought. We actually bought our house sight unseen, over the phone, with a credit card!!! YUP, that's the truth. Houses were selling within 3 hours of being released. We believe in the "Buy High, Sell Low" theory!!!! Not really...but sure seems like it.

Oh well...when it's meant to be...it will be!!! ;D
Old 11-10-2007, 11:35 AM

We visited in 2005 and put our name on a "wish list" for a new house. They made it seem it would take us awhile to get what we wanted. In less than a month we were called and had to make a quick decision. Our realtor did send us pictures so we had something to go by, but basically it was sight unseen and we sealed the deal with a credit card. I love our house and our Village, however I will always have the feeling we moved to fast and should have held out for a better deal or a resale.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:11 PM
Veteran member

Lot of pressure when you decide to sell to use the Villages. I wouldn't let them sell my kittly litter box because they'll take all the profit if they can, but some folks cave in because they make it sound much simpler to have their people list.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:44 PM

I remember during the housing boom that if you hesitated you lost. From what I heard it depended on what kind of house you wanted as to the time it took for one to come available. Resales were the same. Sold were placed on villas in my neighborhood the day the signs were put up.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.