Saving Chairs Response

Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2015, 12:58 PM
Sage
Default Saving Chairs Response

I thought I share this response with everyone as it is one of the hot button issues in TV.

Thank you taking the time to inquire about chairs and offer suggestions. This is an issue that is very difficult to control during our busiest months and during special events. Some of our regular guests elect to bring their own chairs during this time to ensure a comfortable and more enjoyable experience.

We ask and announce that people not save chairs or if they are saving for a friend and themselves to remain with the chairs. I have no way to enforce it or to know who might be shopping, on the dance floor or perhaps in the restroom.

We do remove some of the ropes and taping if it's early in the day and no one is present. Oddly enough as soon as we remove the ropes and walk around the square the chairs are retied within a short period of time.

We will continue to make service announcements prior to the start of the evenings' performance and during the bands breaks. In addition I will try to add a notation to my daily Ad in hopes that public awareness will help.

If you have any additional comments or suggestions please feel free to email me directly.

Sincerely,
Barbara

Barbara A. Vesco
Director
Villages Entertainment & Special Events
1070 Canal Street
The Villages, Fl. 32162
Office (352) 750-5411
Cell (352) 267-8354

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-10-2015, 01:54 PM

The announcement will not work if the people that save the seats are not in the seats. The questions remains why are the rules not enforced.

We do remove some of the ropes and taping if it's early in the day and no one is present. Oddly enough as soon as we remove the ropes and walk around the square the chairs are retied within a short period of time.

If Barbara A. Vesco can’t deal with this she not qualified for the job.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:03 PM
Gold member

She seems to assume that brazen bullies actually pay attention to rules and announcements from "mere" management like her and the staff. Such brazen people have no respect for others, period!

Nobody has explained yet why it is that 20 grown adults just have to sit all together with their select circle of little 5th grade friends. It's really immature behavior.

So treat them like kids at recess time, and make them line up and be handed a chair as they walk in, and 1 person can have no more than a 2nd chair to hold for their spouse/friend.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:15 PM
Email Reported As Spam

It is my experience and my opinion after living here for almost 9 years that The Villages will do nothing to confront residents/guests To: wit the ambassadors on golf courses. So residents can create demand til the cows come home but TV leadership will continue to play.. "welcome to The Villages, the Friendliest...... that includes the Developer, the Districts, the Daily Sun, the VHA, the POA.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:29 PM

When we went to the Xmas Tree Lighting at Lake Sumter the front row of chairs was roped off. We asked Security if we could remove the ropes and sit there. He said yes but if there is a confrontation we will not help you. Kind of made me wonder what kind of security they provide. In any event, when we removed the ropes everyone behind us clapped! When the 10 people showed up, no confrontation, but you could tell they were angry.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 03-10-2015, 02:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by theorem painter View Post
When we went to the Xmas Tree Lighting at Lake Sumter the front row of chairs was roped off. We asked Security if we could remove the ropes and sit there. He said yes but if there is a confrontation we will not help you. Kind of made me wonder what kind of security they provide. In any event, when we removed the ropes everyone behind us clapped! When the 10 people showed up, no confrontation, but you could tell they were angry.

Sally. Who was security? I didn't think we had security at the squares? They have staff from the recreation committee.

How can the sheriff's office who is our law enforcement be made to enforce local behavior rules? That is my point. Not that I don't agree that it is nasty to save seats and people should stop, but how is that going to happen???
Old 03-10-2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I thought I share this response with everyone as it is one of the hot button issues in TV.

Thank you taking the time to inquire about chairs and offer suggestions. This is an issue that is very difficult to control during our busiest months and during special events. Some of our regular guests elect to bring their own chairs during this time to ensure a comfortable and more enjoyable experience.

We ask and announce that people not save chairs or if they are saving for a friend and themselves to remain with the chairs. I have no way to enforce it or to know who might be shopping, on the dance floor or perhaps in the restroom.

We will continue to make service announcements prior to the start of the evenings' performance and during the bands breaks. In addition I will try to add a notation to my daily Ad in hopes that public awareness will help.

If you have any additional comments or suggestions please feel free to email me directly.

Sincerely,
Barbara

Barbara A. Vesco
Director
1070 Canal Street
The Villages, Fl. 32162
Office (352) 750-5411
Cell (352) 267-8354
Thanks for sharing, but it only proves that the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing! We go to the square(s) quite often, and have NEVER heard a public service announcement regarding the saving of chairs. Smoking, yes. Reserving seats--never. I think Ms. Vesco needs to pay a visit to a square so that she knows what the announcement really is.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wudda1955 View Post
Thanks for sharing, but it only proves that the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing! We go to the square(s) quite often, and have NEVER heard a public service announcement regarding the saving of chairs. Smoking, yes. Reserving seats--never. I think Ms. Vesco needs to pay a visit to a square so that she knows what the announcement really is.
You are right.

I think we should email her directly. A bloomin' bunch of us. Who has her email address?????
Old 03-10-2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Sally. Who was security? I didn't think we had security at the squares? They have staff from the recreation committee.

How can the sheriff's office who is our law enforcement be made to enforce local behavior rules? That is my point. Not that I don't agree that it is nasty to save seats and people should stop, but how is that going to happen???
Gracie,
They probably were staff from the rec committee but they all had jackets that said "Security" on the back. The bottom line is that if the people who make the rules won't enforce it and the sheriff's department can't enforce it, the discussion is moot. We all hate it but the situation isn't going to change.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 03-10-2015, 03:26 PM
Veteran member
Location: Indiana,the Villages,Port Charlotte fl ,Summerfield fl, The villages again

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
She seems to assume that brazen bullies actually pay attention to rules and announcements from "mere" management like her and the staff. Such brazen people have no respect for others, period!

Nobody has explained yet why it is that 20 grown adults just have to sit all together with their select circle of little 5th grade friends. It's really immature behavior.

So treat them like kids at recess time, and make them line up and be handed a chair as they walk in, and 1 person can have no more than a 2nd chair to hold for their spouse/friend.
Better yet.......paint numbers on the chairs and issue them out with a $2 deposit and write the name of the person and chair number assigned to them. When they return the chair with the proper name they get $1 back.
The other dollar would cover the extra cost of the person issuing the chairs.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Gracie,
They probably were staff from the rec committee but they all had jackets that said "Security" on the back. The bottom line is that if the people who make the rules won't enforce it and the sheriff's department can't enforce it, the discussion is moot. We all hate it but the situation isn't going to change.
See how little I go to the squares? I didn't know that anyone had security on their jacket.

I don't like chair saving. I am not up on what goes on there. I have no dog in this fight.

I am feeling very old and stupid right now.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post

Sincerely,
Barbara

Barbara A. Vesco
Director
1070 Canal Street
The Villages, Fl. 32162
Office (352) 750-5411
Cell (352) 267-8354
2BNTV: I may be wrong, but it does not seem that anyone has thanked YOU for taking the time to try to rectify the seating situation. So, thank you for what you did and I'm sorry you got little help from TV!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-10-2015, 04:04 PM
Platinum member

If you think that's bad, we do go to the squares, and I've never seen those jackets! I must really be oblivious.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naneiben View Post
If you think that's bad, we do go to the squares, and I've never seen those jackets! I must really be oblivious.
We only go to or by the squares between dinner and our car/cart but have never seen security nor a need for it.
My take on this is that all the chairs provided by the Villages are Villages property for use by anyone attending an event at the squares. One butt one chair. END OF DISCUSSION.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts
Default Mistaken

Quote:
Gracie,
You can keep saying it..... but I think what you saw was -

"SPECIAL EVENTS" on the backs of the jackets. Special Events is a part of the Rec. Dept.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.