This Seat Is NOT Saved!
Old 03-10-2015, 05:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
If You Can Read This

Then. . .

This Seat Is NOT Saved!
Painted on the front part of every chair . . . perfect!

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Old 03-10-2015, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
You can keep saying it..... but I think what you saw was -
Maybe you should re-read what I wrote. I mentioned it once in my original post and a second time when Gracie had a question. I saw these jackets only at the tree lighting ceremony when there were numerous Sumter County Sheriff's on duty. For all we know they were provided by the Sheriff's Department.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 03-10-2015, 07:18 PM
Veteran member

"TV" (in quotes to mean the powers that be and not the residents) will do nothing about chair saving in the Squares, just as "they" will do nothing about exercise and water aerobics classes in neighborhood pools, or attempt to do something regarding problems with golf cart drivers. "They" absolutely abhor confrontation with residents. I honestly think "they" would rather see us fight among ourselves than actually do something constructive to solve problems.. I've lived here for more than three years now. I don't think "they" will ever change.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:27 PM

OK I am going out on a limb here but I think the Entertainment Department was sold it is not really The Villages anymore.
Barbara A. Vesco who use to run the department and book the acts and such bought the entertainment department. Kind of the same deal as other businesses the Villages started but sold.
Anyone else remember when she bought it and cut out the parades and such. So really it is not The Villages problem to deal with the saving of chairs.
And then again I might have it all wrong.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

I've got an idea! Get rid of the chairs. Problem solved
Old 03-10-2015, 07:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by theorem painter View Post
we removed the ropes everyone behind us clapped! When the 10 people showed up, no confrontation, but you could tell they were angry.

Way to go
Old 03-10-2015, 08:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Either my wife and I or me by myself have been to the squares several nights in the short time we've been here and I've never seen any "security"; we ALWAYS make it a point to see where any LEO's or Security (LEO wannabee's) are at any type of event. Security at the squares - pfft.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:32 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Waiting until just as the evening's performance is to about to begin is kind of pointless isn't it? You're just better cutting the ropes on your own. Next time I go to Marion Market I'll see if I can find a cutless!
Old 03-10-2015, 08:39 PM

I vhave never heard an announcement that you cant save seats, but if they did it would be too late anyway. Cant they at least post some signs so that we could at least refer to?
Old 03-10-2015, 09:32 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post

Thank you taking the time to inquire about chairs and offer suggestions. This is an issue that is very difficult to control during our busiest months and during special events. Some of our regular guests elect to bring their own chairs during this time to ensure a comfortable and more enjoyable experience.

We ask and announce that people not save chairs or if they are saving for a friend and themselves to remain with the chairs. I have no way to enforce it or to know who might be shopping, on the dance floor or perhaps in the restroom.

We do remove some of the ropes and taping if it's early in the day and no one is present. Oddly enough as soon as we remove the ropes and walk around the square the chairs are retied within a short period of time.

We will continue to make service announcements prior to the start of the evenings' performance and during the bands breaks. In addition I will try to add a notation to my daily Ad in hopes that public awareness will help.

If you have any additional comments or suggestions please feel free to email me directly.

Sincerely,
Barbara

Barbara A. Vesco
Director
Villages Entertainment & Special Events
1070 Canal Street
The Villages, Fl. 32162
Office (352) 750-5411
Cell (352) 267-8354
You were just blown off....and by someone who does not do it very well....what a shame!!!
Old 03-10-2015, 09:43 PM

I see a similarity between security gate worth and seat saving rules. Both function like an illusion.

By the way the blue security jacket is really a yellow shirt with “special event” on the back.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:44 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I thought I share this response with everyone as it is one of the hot button issues in TV.

Thank you taking the time to inquire about chairs and offer suggestions. This is an issue that is very difficult to control during our busiest months and during special events. Some of our regular guests elect to bring their own chairs during this time to ensure a comfortable and more enjoyable experience.

We ask and announce that people not save chairs or if they are saving for a friend and themselves to remain with the chairs. I have no way to enforce it or to know who might be shopping, on the dance floor or perhaps in the restroom.

We do remove some of the ropes and taping if it's early in the day and no one is present. Oddly enough as soon as we remove the ropes and walk around the square the chairs are retied within a short period of time.

We will continue to make service announcements prior to the start of the evenings' performance and during the bands breaks. In addition I will try to add a notation to my daily Ad in hopes that public awareness will help.

If you have any additional comments or suggestions please feel free to email me directly.

Sincerely,
Barbara

Barbara A. Vesco
Director
Villages Entertainment & Special Events
1070 Canal Street
The Villages, Fl. 32162
Office (352) 750-5411
Cell (352) 267-8354
Thanks 2BNTV for getting this official response from Ms. Vesco. I appreciate her dilemma but this response is a classic example of passing the buck if I've ever seen it.

Here's my response:

TO: THE VILLAGES ENTERTAINMENT DIVISION

DON'T TRY TO PRETEND LIKE YOU DON'T MONITOR THIS WEBSITE! CAN YOU SEE THERE IS A PROBLEM HERE? AND IT'S GOING TO GET OUT OF HAND IF YOU DON'T FIND A SOLUTION, AND SOON. FAIRNESS FOR ALL IS WHAT EVERYONE HERE WANTS. WE DON'T WANT TO START COMPLAINING TO THE MERCHANTS IN THE SQUARE WHO SO GRACIOUSLY SUPPORT THIS ENTERTAINMENT.

ONE SEAT TO ONE PERSON. FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED. NO SAVING. ANNOUNCED AT EACH SQUARE EACH NIGHT. SIGNS POSTED IN EACH SQUARE IN MULTIPLE LOCATIONS. AND MOST OF ALL.......ENFORCED BY EITHER YOUR PERSONNEL OR THE APPLICABLE SHERIFF'S OFFICE. PLEASE.

WHEN THIS GETS OUT OF HAND, IT'S GOING TO BE YOUR FAULT.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.