Saving money

Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2020, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,512 Times in 3,105 Posts

I'm wondering, now that school is out and parents are stuck home with their kids all day, if this isn't a bunch of people living just outside the Villages creating accounts, or activating existing accounts, just to post complaints about the Villages in some effort to dissuade potential buyers from moving in.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I'm wondering, now that school is out and parents are stuck home with their kids all day, if this isn't a bunch of people living just outside the Villages creating accounts, or activating existing accounts, just to post complaints about the Villages in some effort to dissuade potential buyers from moving in.
And who killed JFK and how many UFO's are at area 51?
Old 03-18-2020, 09:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Lots of newbies posting complaints on TOTV.
Probably refugees from 'The other Place!'
Old 03-18-2020, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
It is amazing how many don't have a clue. I can only guess at why...... IMHO they let their hatred for the developer cloud their everyday thinking.
Well said!
Old 03-18-2020, 10:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandmroberts View Post
How much money is the Morse family saving by closing down all these facilities during the Coronavirus? Hundreds of employees (most at 8 bucks an hour and not on a salary) times how many days? Are we going to see any of this money? I doubt it!
Just think of all the money the Morse's are saving by closing the theaters, NOT!

The Villages Florida
Old 03-18-2020, 10:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,077 Times in 2,744 Posts

Quote:
How much money is the Morse family saving by closing down all these facilities during the Coronavirus? Hundreds of employees (most at 8 bucks an hour and not on a salary) times how many days? Are we going to see any of this money? I doubt it!
Really, this is the developers worst nightmare. If anything close to worst case projections come to fruition, the sale of new homes will slow to a trickle at best. Also, businesses that pay rent to the developers will be forced to close and retail space will be vacated. Public facilities are not being closed to save money, but rather to SAVE LIVES!
Old 03-18-2020, 10:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

During the last financial crisis TV was still selling/building/closing 100-150 homes per month....their "slow" period.

Any other developer on the planet would love to have such a problem!!!

Everything is relative.

The current scenario is not going to dissuade wanna be residents of TV.
Old 03-18-2020, 01:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Please attend Resident Acadamy and learn a thing or two about how your comunity works.

One thing you will learn is that the rec centers are owned and operated by what we call "The District", which is basically our community government. They use our money.

So, what you should be asking is, how much money are we saving.

I am always amazed when people indicate that they believe that the Morse family owns everything in sight.
The amenities are basically owned by the "district". South of 466a it is The villages Center Community Development District (VCCDD). All of the districts have supervisors elected from the property owners within those districts. The VCCDD has only 1 property owner which is the developer. It is in the developer's best interest to maintain the amenities at the highest possible level.
Old 03-18-2020, 02:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Sounds like a Titantic passenger demanding a refund after the ship hit the iceberg
Old 03-18-2020, 02:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
Sounds like a Titantic passenger demanding a refund after the ship hit the iceberg
Sorry, but to me it sounds like a Titanic passenger complaining " Nobody is straightening out the deck furniture"
Old 03-18-2020, 03:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Since it's already been explained that the Morse's don't own the Rec Centers. Aren't there still staff on duty at the Rec Centers to oversee the pools, pickleball courts, Bocce Ball and Shuffleboard. Indoor meetings have been cancelled, are the pool rooms still open? I think the OP had a weak argument to begin with, and they're now more off base than we thought.

The Villages Florida
Old 03-18-2020, 05:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
More like asking how much money the White Star line saved because the Titanic stopped half way there.
Closed Thread

Tags
money, saving, days, salary, times

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.