Saving Seats @ LSL

Closed Thread
Old 04-07-2013, 10:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
It is not funny to joke about being shot over some nonsense thing like a chair in The Villages. A very large percentage of the residents have concealed carry permits. All it takes in Florida to get one is a copy of your DD-214 (no matter when it was issued) with an honorable discharge and about $75. No classes or tests are necessary.

There have been instances in The Villages where someone has "showed" their pistol to intimidate another person over parking spots. I can see it happening over taking a seat that supposedly was saved.
Your not correct friend....................

Last edited by Bill32; 04-07-2013 at 10:06 PM. Reason: sp
Old 04-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LndLocked View Post
Dog poop, roundabouts, cyclists, golf cart lameness

rinse and repeat.

:-)
Funny! But somebody has to get us off of that latest dog poop thread...
Old 04-07-2013, 11:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
Good question and with no one around, take the seat and enjoy it. Saving seats is childish and very very very very inconsiderate to anyone standing and wishing a place to plant it. I mean, who do you think your are to say this is mine whenever I get around to needing it. Shame Shame on you and your self righteous butt. If I wasn't old, fat, little and in bad shape, I would never let an idle chair stay reserved for some jerk off eating or shopping. Thank you to those brave enough to stand up for what is right.
I'm not exactly sure whose side you are on, but it sure made me laugh!
Old 04-07-2013, 11:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Absolutely, Bonny...............

The Villages Florida

Bill
BUT WAIT! Somebody else saved that butter.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I'm not exactly sure whose side you are on, but it sure made me laugh!
When I first saw saved seats, I looked around for the candid camera. My thought was, YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME. Then when I see comments from folks that think it is OK to rope off 20 chairs a half a day prior to an event, that defies all common sense and logic. I am 100% against saving even one chair.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:16 AM
Gold member
Talking

I agree Golfingnut!!!!!!! Seems so unfair to others
Old 04-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Went to see the bagpipes last night, it was good.

Saw 4 empty chairs all alone, nobody near them. Went and took two and moved them into the shade, and the people in the next row started hollering they were saved. Told them I don't think so. The rules in TV state no chairs can be saved at events. They weren't too happy, but didn't get confrontational, at least they were smart in that regard. So what's the story, villagers? Save or not?
We went to see Quartet in Spanish Springs on Saturday(great movie). We were in the square about 3:15 pm. There was to be a kilt event at 5 pm. People had already tied chairs together to save. I watched one women take a sweater and tie 2 chairs together and then lay something on 2 other chairs. I looked around and and saw several other groups of chairs saved. Made me think of the posts I have read here. That it's a no-no. But I guess people don't really care what is said on this board. She saw me watching her and gave a grin and ran off. We sat there deciding on where to eat for awhile and enjoying the air. She had yet to return. When we came out of the restaurant the square was filled. There she was with her group. Nothing is going to stop this, I guess.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
We went to see Quartet in Spanish Springs on Saturday(great movie). We were in the square about 3:15 pm. There was to be a kilt event at 5 pm. People had already tied chairs together to save. I watched one women take a sweater and tie 2 chairs together and then lay something on 2 other chairs. I looked around and and saw several other groups of chairs saved. Made me think of the posts I have read here. That it's a no-no. But I guess people don't really care what is said on this board. She saw me watching her and gave a grin and ran off. We sat there deciding on where to eat for awhile and enjoying the air. She had yet to return. When we came out of the restaurant the square was filled. There she was with her group. Nothing is going to stop this, I guess.
No, nothing is going to stop saving chairs. No one really cares what is said on this board. It is a good way to vent but is not going to make a difference for seat savers, dog poopers, round-a-bout drivers, or golf cart terrors. It is still fun to read what is on each other's minds.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
No, nothing is going to stop saving chairs. No one really cares what is said on this board. It is a good way to vent but is not going to make a difference for seat savers, dog poopers, round-a-bout drivers, or golf cart terrors. It is still fun to read what is on each other's minds.
Agreed.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Platinum member

The last time I went to the square, a fella had a row of about 10 seats roped off. I sat down smack in the middle of them. He came up and said "I'm sorry these are saved". I acknowledged that and said "if someone arrives while I'm sitting here, I will move...until then it's my chair" . I stayed for a few hours...no one showed up.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
The last time I went to the square, a fella had a row of about 10 seats roped off. I sat down smack in the middle of them. He came up and said "I'm sorry these are saved". I acknowledged that and said "if someone arrives while I'm sitting here, I will move...until then it's my chair" . I stayed for a few hours...no one showed up.
way to go!!!

Old 04-09-2013, 08:07 AM
Veteran member

IMO it is one thing to save a seat for a spouse or a single guest. Holding a row of 10 seats is quite another. There is always someone who wants to push the limits at others expense.

Perhaps TV should only allow 1 seat to be saved in general seating for a guest/spouse.

Those who choose to reserve more than 1 seat... must use the (smaller) reserved seating section. Cost $10 per seat per event. They can be purchased in advance.

Reserve section seats that were not purchased are open to anyone once the event begins.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourneyOfLife;656***
IMO it is one thing to save a seat for a spouse or a single guest. Holding a row of 10 seats is quite another. There is always someone who wants to push the limits at others expense.

Perhaps TV should only allow 1 seat to be saved in general seating for a guest/spouse.

Those who choose to reserve more than 1 seat... must use the (smaller) reserved seating section. Cost $10 per seat per event. They can be purchased in advance.

Reserve section seats that were not purchased are open to anyone once the event begins.
I can't wait until you get here. You have a lot of good ideas, but you will soon see that almost everything has been thought of and a lot of good ideas are just kind of run over by stubborn ol...I mean opinionated residents.

It would take an army and tanks to keep some people from saving seats.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:53 AM
Gold member

Whats the big deal.If this is such a big problem,maybe the villages should get rid of the chairs and have people bring their own.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
Whats the big deal.If this is such a big problem,maybe the villages should get rid of the chairs and have people bring their own.
I don't think getting rid of the chairs is a good idea.....the reason we have our music and entertainment at the squares is because we love it and we love to share it with visitors...day trippers, relatives, anybody.

Those people wouldn't think about chairs....plus "elderly" ( that means anybody older than me, BTW) have enough trouble just getting there, let alone dragging along a chair!

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.