Does anybody listen to WVLG? I'm curious. Do you like it?

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Founder
Default Does anybody listen to WVLG? I'm curious. Do you like it?

Having been a radio and television guy for the past 40 years, I am keenly interested in your opinions of WVLG. (By the way, I do not work there, nor do I wish too)

I have heard widely varying opinions. Some people say they love the music. Others have said that the music is way too old and the station is stale.

Some say they like the "music only" format. Others say they wish there was a news/talk segment. Lots of people have said they would like to hear more personality from the DJs

Actually, Talk of the Villages (this forum) is as good a news/talk opportunity that you can get.

Anyhow, what are your views about WVLG?
Old 04-16-2007, 06:07 PM
Default Re: Does anybody listen to WVLG? I'm curious. Do you like it?

I like WVLG a lot. Especially on the weekends when they feature certain artists. Yes they do play some "too old" stuff from my parents' generation, but as long as they mix in some oldies music from "my" era, they are great.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:35 PM

THERE IS ONE DJ THAT I CAN'T STAND LISTENING TO WITH HIS PHONY INFLECTIONS, ETC. AND ANOTHER THAT IS JUST OK. I WON'T NAME THEM.
I DO ENJOY LISTENING TO ROB NEWTONS SEGMENTS, THOUGH !!
Old 04-17-2007, 05:08 AM

I think I know the DJ of whom you speak and I too find his "phony inflections" very annoying. He is one that I almost always just click off.
Otherwise WVLG is fine, most of the time.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:40 AM

I love WVLG radio station. I being a baby boomer can reminisce of all the songs I would listen to as a kid as my parents were singers and danced all the time. My poppa would sing like Mario Lanza and all of us kids would just sit on the floor and stare in awe of this wonderful father who had(has)such a beautiful voice. They would also dance together around the house so beautifully. All those songs bring back memories and I cherish that. I will always love the music from the 40's and 50's. Although they could throw in a little disco now and then and I would be in my glory.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.