Scooters on cart path?

Closed Thread
Old 12-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelmangione View Post
I know that scooters have a speedometer, and if people are on the cart path with a 49.9 CC scooter all they have to do is obey the same rules as golf carts. Why would it matter what speed they are capable of as long as the laws are adhered to.
Bingo! We have a winner! Absolutely correct. The multi-modal paths are able to handle a mix of vehicles as long as people navigate with care and SHARE the road. I don't mind a scooter on the paths as long as it is driven at about the same speed as the carts, i.e., don't be going 30-35 on the paths. Same for street legal carts, I don't mind those, either, with the same caveats. Pass when it is safe to do so, leaving a safe distance between passer and passed. All users of the paths, including bicycles, roller blades, walkers, carts, and scooters, should be aware of others on the path and try not to block passage in either direction.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:23 PM
Default Scooter Owner

Hi, I am a scooter owner. I checked out the rules and laws here before I bought mine.

I have a 49 cc scooter which is legal to ride on golf cart paths. I do have a license plate and insurance. I can go no faster than golf carts. I ride only in the golf cart lanes on the roads and golf cart paths. My husband plays golf and I play tennis, so this is an inexpensive way of having a second golf cart. By the way, mine is a Honda scooter and I love it!
Old 12-25-2011, 01:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh 08 View Post
I had an Algebra teacher, had one eye, mad as a hatter. He wrecked his motor cycle. The guy riding on the back said all he heard was "bug in my good eye, bug in my good eye!"
I'm sure it isn't politically correct to laugh at this. But it's the funniest post I've read in years.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:13 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I'm sure it isn't politically correct to laugh at this. But it's the funniest post I've read in years.
HEY, I see nothing wrong with finding humor about a teacher wearing a Playtex undergarment with some living green stuff growing on it! The Villages Florida
The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.