Scotty McCreery Show Last Night

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2016, 09:40 AM
Sage
Default Scotty McCreery Show Last Night

Excellent show I enjoyed myself so much. I feel so fortunate we have the Sharon and get to see shows like this in The Villages. We drove up to the parking lot behind the Sharon and there was this huge giant shiny maroon tour bus parked there. He played for 90 minutes straight and it was the best show I have been to in a long time. He at only age 22 has a great career ahead of him. He played a variety of country rock and old time classics, told about his journey through American Idol and said the only reason he tried out was to get to see Jennifer Lopez. It was so funny hearing about every step of the way always looking around the corner for Jennifer Lopez. He played for us a new song he wrote a few months ago called Five More Minutes that I can see being a huge hit. Everyone gave him a standing ovation for that one too.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:45 AM

Thanks for the review, sorry I missed it.
Old 09-17-2016, 10:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,369 Times in 2,397 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
Excellent show I enjoyed myself so much. I feel so fortunate we have the Sharon and get to see shows like this in The Villages. We drove up to the parking lot behind the Sharon and there was this huge giant shiny maroon tour bus parked there. He played for 90 minutes straight and it was the best show I have been to in a long time. He at only age 22 has a great career ahead of him. He played a variety of country rock and old time classics, told about his journey through American Idol and said the only reason he tried out was to get to see Jennifer Lopez. It was so funny hearing about every step of the way always looking around the corner for Jennifer Lopez. He played for us a new song he wrote a few months ago called Five More Minutes that I can see being a huge hit. Everyone gave him a standing ovation for that one too.
I agree with your review.
However, why does it have to be so loud? Seemed that often the band came over his vocals.
Old 09-17-2016, 10:11 AM

Thank you for your review on Scotty...watched him on American Idol and am a fan on his FB page so keep up with his journey. Just a fine young man and a great singer.
Old 09-17-2016, 10:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I agree with your review.
However, why does it have to be so loud? Seemed that often the band came over his vocals.
I agree Bogie, the first set was over the top loud. Seems like maybe the equipment was the kind that wasn't used to playing in smaller venues like ours and was capable of doing the huge arenas. Once the second set started I did think they turned it down some or maybe because it was a slower paced music made it seem that way.
Old 09-17-2016, 04:00 PM

Saw the show last night too.
In a word...." Teriffic ! "
Old 09-17-2016, 09:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
However, why does it have to be so loud?
We never go to indoor performances because I cannot stand loud noises. The outdoor music at the village centers is great because we can sit far enough away so the music is just the right volume for us.

I have been to several weddings that we had to leave because the sound was too loud.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:42 AM
Sage

Loved the show even though that's not exactly my kind of music (I lean toward the Great American Songbook, ya know) This kid should go far!
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 09-18-2016, 10:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
We never go to indoor performances because I cannot stand loud noises. The outdoor music at the village centers is great because we can sit far enough away so the music is just the right volume for us.

I have been to several weddings that we had to leave because the sound was too loud.
I can relate but realized how many great things I was missing out on, the movies for instance before the movie the loud action film previews are sooo loud, but I wanted to see the featured movie. These loud noises make my ears ring. I found some great earplugs and keep a set in my purse and when this happens I just put them in. It takes the edge off the loudness.
Closed Thread

Tags
played, show, jennifer, lopez, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.