Amenities fees

Closed Thread
Old 09-29-2007, 03:42 PM
Default Amenities fees

What exactly does the amenity fee cover other than free golf and I understand free without a golf cart? Are the use of the pools free? What about the health club?

All of you residents are such a great source of information for those of us considering TV. Thank you.

Pili
Old 09-29-2007, 05:33 PM
Sage
Default Re: Amenities fees

Guess someone must be paying for free entertainment 365 days a year, I'd assume part of amenities goes to that??
Old 09-29-2007, 06:47 PM
Sage

pili...lots of prior discussion about amenity fees...you can do a site search.

In short, exec golf, rec centers, pools (neighborhood, family, sports pools....not the country club pools), sports equipment; part of the amenity fee goes towards paying for the purchase of the recreation facilities and golf courses from the developer; part goes towards operations and maintenance of these facilities.

things I'm not sure about on source of funding...polo field and softball complexes...though my guess is they are supported by the amenity fee (as well as deriving revenue from concessions, entry fees, league fees, etc.)

The wellness center is a separate facility located near the hospital; 3 of the amenity supported regional rec centers have fitness equipment but there is a fee to use them.

not covered: the multi-modal trails (that's under CDD maintenance)

and not the entertainment...that's paid by commercial property owners

At a current max of about $135/month for amenities I still think it's a bargain

Hope this helps....
Old 09-30-2007, 06:09 AM
Veteran member

There are activities such as yoga; pickleball; garden clubs. gourmet cooking clubs, etc. The TV Activities books boasts over 500 "things to do" from woodworking to bird watching to crafts. Are these types of activities free or is there a charge to join these individual groups of interest?

Old 09-30-2007, 06:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default Club Fees

Actually, I'm told there are more than 1,000 clubs or groups in TV.

The individual clubs are formed by residents with a common interest and apply for meeting space in one of the rec centers from TV Recreation Department. Such space is becoming really tight, with even the new rec centers filling up fast with club meeting schedules. A rule that is now being enforced is that all members of a club must be TV residents in order to qualify for free meeting space. If a club chooses to include non-Villages residents in its membership, they can be charged rental for their meeting space. (There are a few clubs that do this--one of the computer clubs, as an example--but most clubs are exclusively Villages residents.)

The individual clubs set their own membership fee structure, budgets, fund raisers, etc. I've found that a $5 or $10 a year membership fee is pretty common, with things like 50-50 rafflles and other common fundraisers used to finance whatever expenditures each club chooses to make.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:30 AM

pili - you can read thru these various email forum posts and find alot of fee, club, etc info.. I'm sure you'refinding that out. If you do some homework on othe 55+ communities, the $135 / mo. is a bargain, I heaer and have read about other communities where $135 will not get you very far or very much!.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:56 AM

Thank you all. I did do a search but "amenity fees" appears in so many posts it was daunting to find the answer. I appreciate the replies. By the way, what's the fee for Executive Clubs for golf and use of the Club pools? Are they any nicer that Rec pools?

Happy Sunday!!!

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.